Screenshots on the official site

There are some new screenshots on the Lucasarts site that don't appear in the latest IGN article. A couple of them look distincly like Coruscant at night.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Can't be sure, but it looks like Coruscant arcitecture on the skyline to me.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

There are some new screenshots on the Lucasarts site that don't appear in the latest IGN article. A couple of them look distincly like Coruscant at night.

Naw I don't think it's Coruscant because they establiished that the sith problem in the galaxy is mainly taken place on the outer rim worlds: Dxun, Telos, Dantooine etc. so I don''t think Corucant will be in it. another reason why I don't think that those pics are Coruscant are because even at night Coruscant is always teeming with life speeders etc. (except if your going to meet a sith lord in a burnt out industrial area ;-) so I they wouldn't try to make Coruscant in KOTOR unless they could do it right.

P.S. One thing that I like about KOTOR is that they went out of the way to interpert little things about the Starwars universe like how the tuskens came to be the way they were etc. Now the Jedi knights are the sworn protectors of the Republic. It would be nice if in the game they explained how that promise came to be.

Your point about the air traffic is a good one but it may not have been added in yet.

I don't agree that the story of The Sith Lords has to occur entirely on the rim.

KotOR already added one additional planet-city to the Star Wars cannon. I think adding another would be over doing it, unless it is Telos and it has been rebuilt quickly.

Naw I don't think it's Coruscant because they establiished that the sith problem in the galaxy is mainly taken place on the outer rim worlds: Dxun, Telos, Dantooine etc.

There could be some kind of sith plot to over take Coruscant or maybe there is something there they need....

Your point about the air traffic is a good one but it may not have been added in yet.

I don't agree that the story of The Sith Lords has to occur entirely on the rim.

KotOR already added one additional planet-city to the Star Wars cannon. I think adding another would be over doing it, unless it is Telos and it has been rebuilt quickly.

It dosen't have to but I think it will because the of these little points

1) The first Kotor only took place on only outer rim worlds, that way they can use existing star wars material without really affecting the expanded universe . I think KOTOR 2 is following this idea.

2) Vid game developers are oh so scared of fan backlash, So if they can't depict Couresant as legitimatly in game form as the Pequels did in movie form they'll probably think it's better not to try.

3) The plot setting that has depicted on vid game web sites which states:

The events from the end of KOTOR, which included a rather dramatic change in the Jedi population, have led to a shift in the balance between good and evil. The Old Republic is beginning to collapse because the scars inflicted upon it during the war with Darth Malak have run deep. The worlds of the Outer Rim are left to fend for themselves, while Republic forces pull back to try to maintain what order they can. Though this move is great news if you're a resident of the core systems, it kind of blows if you live in the Outer Rim.

The remnants of the Sith, who are never in a good mood to begin with, are especially punchy following their battle with the Jedi. As a result, they are preying on the unprotected worlds and are slowly gaining a sizable and dangerous presence

I actually brought this up on Gamefaqs, and someone said it could either be Coruscant, Nar Shadda(sp?), or another Taris...And if it is Coruscant, they don't necessarily bring up the air traffic, especially if your dealing with criminals in the levels below, illuminated only by the haze of artificial lights and occassional blaster fire... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

As a Star Wars player those screenshoots remind me of Nar Shadda, expecialy of Dark Forces:Jedi Knight.

Coruscant, is really unlikely because there is simply too much that simply have to be shown (the Jedi Temple, the Senate and one of the skyhocks) or we end up with Taris revisited that, BTW, its titleset being used on those screenshoots ... I recognize those background buildings.

Problem with making some worlds is that we all want to play tourist a bit, Coruscant might be good on a game that is more contained in relation to locations being used so they can show more.

drakron.png

If I were designing a game, I'd be wary of incorporating Coruscant unless I could do it huge and proper.

Coruscant needs to be done up similiar to the Grand Theft Auto games, with a large city to explore full of dark alleyways.

In my Star Wars RPG, there was a bar on Coruscant simply called "The Inconspicuous Spot". No one knew what the actual name to the bar was, because the sign was quite inconspicuous. And the bar was filled with a bunch of low-lifes, all trying to lay low. Since no one wanted anyone to look at them, they didn't look at anyone else. Thusly, anyone there appeared quite inconspicuous.

Nar Shaddaa occured to me, but is is built in a chasm and called the vertical city. The skyline in the screenshot looked pretty horizontal to me. Also I think Nar Shaddaa has a black sky, whereas the sky in the screenshots is dark blue.

Even if Taris could be rebuilt form total devistation in 5 years the style of the buildings is different.