European Football Championship 2004

mkreku

so true; the us su** as*. baseball? come one? american football? get real? u guys need to realise that football(soccer) is the real deal; until you do, the rest of the world will laugh at you. and believe me, we do.

Tough talk. Go ahead. Pad up. Let a 350 pound lineman plow into you as hard as he can. Go ahead. I'll let you get set too. Then come back and tell me the guy who just put cleat marks up your fat ass is a ****.

:lol: Those fat **** 'American Football' players make a mockery of the word "athletic"! The amount of tyres they've got will even put the Michelin Man to shame! :D Have you even seen those nancy boy tights, for Christ's sake? The ass pockets on their tights carry billboard-size ads for Easy Jet! ^_^

manthing2.jpg

If you say so.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Fat bastard American Football players?

I can only assume you are talking about lineman. I dare you to line up in the trenches one day. Lineman need to be quick and athletic. They get power by driving with their legs, but hand movements are crucial in maintaining or beating a block.

The 300 lb lineman can move a heck of a lot quicker than you might imagine, and have to read blitzes in the blink of an eye. I've played soccer and I've played football. Soccer required more stamina, but it didn't require more athleticism or dexterity per se than football.

Fat bastard American Football players?

I can only assume you are talking about lineman. I dare you to line up in the trenches one day. Lineman need to be quick and athletic. They get power by driving with their legs, but hand movements are crucial in maintaining or beating a block.

The 300 lb lineman can move a heck of a lot quicker than you might imagine, and have to read blitzes in the blink of an eye. I've played soccer and I've played football. Soccer required more stamina, but it didn't require more athleticism or dexterity per se than football.

It's ok. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Now baseball is a sport where you can play in the majors and be fat.

That's why I don't have a whole lot of respect for baseball players.

I half-way agree, but still very few people are fat in baseball. It takes more hand/eye coordination than almost any sport.

Just have to write a line or two about poor Spain. Every year (well, almost) they either fail to make it to the playoffs or they disappear in the first round of the playoffs. They have some of the world's finest football teams, like Real Madrid or Barcelona, who every year are serious contenders for the UEFA Champions League. Yet, despite all their talent and all their superstars, they never seem to do well as a nation. I wonder why this is?

Luckily for me, Sweden is quite the opposite. Our club teams are all crap and most of our stars play in foreign leagues. But as soon as they put on the national colours and enter the national team they suddenly become much better than they usually are in their respective leagues.

I still feel sorry for Spain though.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If you say so.

Indeed. 'American Football' is really homosexual Rugby. The only reason they wear helmets is so that they don't give each other oral sex during the match! :lol:

As for good 'ol fashioned Rugger....now that's a man's game. ;)

manthing2.jpg

If you say so.

Indeed. 'American Football' is really homosexual Rugby. The only reason they wear helmets is so that they don't give each other oral sex during the match! :lol:

As for good 'ol fashioned Rugger....now that's a man's game. ;)

So long as their balls don't pop of their short shorts.

Denmark - Sweden 2-2...

Now what do y'know, they couldn't have agreed on a better result. A shame, that I don't read italian. Would've loved to read a couple of italian newspapers today. I might still understand words like corruptzione and scandalissimo though :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Denmark - Sweden  2-2...

Now what do y'know, they couldn't have agreed on a better result. A shame, that I don't read italian. Would've loved to read a couple of italian newspapers today. I might still understand words like corruptzione and scandalissimo though  :p

Hehehe yeah, it's a good read (our Swedish papers translate the italian headlines).

I really do not understand the fuss though. The game Sweden-Denmark was real fighting. I feel that Sweden did their worst match so far, and the whole team is overrated just becuase of the 5-0 against bulgaria. We have a side-defender who lets anything pass, attackers who dont run enough (only Ljungberg, and he's a midfielder), people who suck at ball control, bad passes and everything.. sheesh.

We're so going to lose against whoever we meet in the quarters (Holland/Germany/Latvia).

A perculiar thing though.. Italy scored in the 94th minute. The referee had shown only 90 +3. I wonder how much cash he got for that. :p

Edit: I've looked around some, and it seems that a lot of italian newspapers blame their own team for the failure to qualify. They also say that Swe-Den was a clean game. Of course, some want an alibi, and place the blame on the swedes and the danes.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Well, the italian team played three games and won only one. And that was the last game against Bulgaria. Of course, both Sweden and Denmark also won one each, but had better goal difference than Italy.

The Italians just need to stop whining and start winning their games and they'll be alright. Oh, and they have to stop spitting on their opponents too.. :p

A perculiar thing though.. Italy scored in the 94th minute. The referee had shown only 90 +3. I wonder how much cash he got for that. :)

There were 5 mins of injury time. I have no idea why but the Bulgarians were wasting time as if a point would have gotten them into the quaterfinals.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

so true; the us su** as*. baseball? come one? american football? get real? u guys need to realise that football(soccer) is the real deal; until you do, the rest of the world will laugh at you. and believe me, we do.

Tough talk. Go ahead. Pad up. Let a 350 pound lineman plow into you as hard as he can. Go ahead. I'll let you get set too. Then come back and tell me the guy who just put cleat marks up your fat ass is a ****.

btw, are there any "clean" athletes in baseball, basketball and american football? i've heard a few stories and the key words are steroids, unnatural and lack og drug tests...

american sports are pathetic and what's the deal with all the commercial breaks? it's sick; every time a team calls a time-out, there's a 5 min commercial break. insane!

ps.

the rest of the world laughs at the us; we laugh our asses off!

Today, Portugal vs. England. Comments?

ok, I'll get my act together with this post...

I think portugal will win tonight. England are, in my opinion, seriously overrated. They lack creativity in the midfield, have no real plan of attack and rely too much on wonderkid Wayne Rooney. Their results are quite good; but they've only played one good match(vs. croatia).

Portugal performed really well against favourites and arch rivals spain. They are the home team and key players such as carvalho, deco, ronaldo and figo are starting to shine. It will be a close game, but portugal will win it 2-1...

Random evil guy, could you please stop filling my thread with idiotic nonsense? Start a thread about bashing american sports if that's what interests you, but leave this thread to football.

England leads Portugal 1-0 at the time of writing this. Unfortunately Wayne Rooney was injured early in the match so England will have to find a way to win without the wonderkid. Looks good so far and Owen has been great so far. Easily his best game of the tournament and he's got 45 minutes left to play..

When it comes to penalties, Portugal certainly had some nerves of steel. But why was the english goal in the 89th minute disallowed?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Terry was impeding the keeper.

What do you mean? Should've he stepped aside?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Basically, Terry was blocking the goalkeeper on purpose while some other english player was aiming for the goal. Suffice to say, that's foul play.

Regardless thats in the past. Portugal has been trough equally wrenching, game-crippling situations, and we got over it. It doesn't even matter who won; i found myself loving the game even when Portugal was losing, because of the effort both teams were putting into it.

Basically, Terry was blocking the goalkeeper on purpose while some other english player was aiming for the goal. Suffice to say, that's foul play.

Regardless thats in the past. Portugal has been trough equally wrenching, game-crippling situations, and we got over it. It doesn't even matter who won; i found myself loving the game even when Portugal was losing, because of the effort both teams were putting into it.

If anything, it looked more like Terry was pushing Cambell aside than impeding the goalie from saving.

But what's done is done, i guess that i've been watching too much premiere league, where the refs tend to be more soft on these issues ;)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy