wow

I just had to ask because I had a character in Cyberpunk 2020 from R. Talsorian games that had a wrist rocket system on his cyberarm that was cartridge feed through the arm. He could let loose upto six missiles at once and have a wide vareity of ammo types. I mean its was just a variant from the one in the Chrome Books that were written more than 10 years ago!

Sheesh, some people's children.

I am wondering if the designers have thought about of the implications and physics behind such weapon or if they are just going by the "k3wln355" factor. I mean unless the person is in full armor the back blast of the rocket would do significant heat damage to the wearer. Flesh and rocket burn don't mix.

I know how to get around that and still make the weapon work, but I am wondering if the designers actually put any thought in this weapon design or not.

I am wondering if the designers have thought about of the implications and physics behind such weapon or if they are just going by the "k3wln355" factor. I mean unless the person is in full armor the back blast of the rocket would do significant heat damage to the wearer. Flesh and rocket burn don't mix.

I know how to get around that and still make the weapon work, but I am wondering if the designers actually put any thought in this weapon design or not.

[sarc]Yes!! and they should get lightsabers out as well! I mean.. its not really possible in the real world![/sarc] :rolleyes:

Oh come on. Of course it gets in cause its k3wln355 factor :3

Lightsabers exist as focus energized light enclosed in a force field system. I am not saying not include the wrist rockets for there is a plausible system that they can work as advertise. I am just wondering if the developers here know how it works.

The coolness actor must be overrridden by physical law. Star Wars might be a fantasy setting, but real world physics still applies.

well, knockback isnt really needed, ever play some of the metroid games, samus would launch a rocket, didnt go flying anywhere.

oh, and she could go into a stance to 'hold her ground' when she launches. but kickback would be nice.

Real world physics still apply in Star Wars? Let's come up with an oxymoron: in Star Wars, there are sounds in space, an endless vacuum where sound cannot possibly travel. Please explain.

Some things just have to be taken for granted. Let's face it, a wrist mounted rocket launcher is cool, and I don't care if it wouldn't work in real life :lol:

• 4 weeks later...