Gaza - War does not determine who is right - only who is left

Hmm, walkie-talkies operate in a specific frequency range, vice lets say a specific phone number of a pager. I wonder how they could be overloaded to the point of explosion, and how did they target those specific walkie talkies as opposed to taking out everything in that frequency range? They must have infiltrated Hezbollah's walkie-talkie supplier too? 

Yeah, sounds like they compromised the shipments somehow.  Israeli sure outmatch all their rivals who would exterminate them without our support.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This analysis was quite good.

https://youtu.be/1bvPqzsp9y0?si=xQszxQEvbhbDkcI7

tl;dw (too long; didn't watch)

You don't need a lot of intelligence to guess who in Lebanon may have ordered a shipment of thousands of pagers. What you do need is a complicit state who holds the shipment at customs long enough for the Mossad to install the explosives on such a scale.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Hmm, walkie-talkies operate in a specific frequency range, vice lets say a specific phone number of a pager. I wonder how they could be overloaded to the point of explosion, and how did they target those specific walkie talkies as opposed to taking out everything in that frequency range? They must have infiltrated Hezbollah's walkie-talkie supplier too? 

Thats  some  seriously impressive asymmetric warfare

Never underestimate Mossad  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

This analysis was quite good.

https://youtu.be/1bvPqzsp9y0?si=xQszxQEvbhbDkcI7

tl;dw (too long; didn't watch)

You don't need a lot of intelligence to guess who in Lebanon may have ordered a shipment of thousands of pagers. What you do need is a complicit state who holds the shipment at customs long enough for the Mossad to install the explosives on such a scale.

The pagers apparently  came from   Hungary, I doubt Orban would  have knowingly allowed  Israel to alter them.  So  Im  not sure if the state is involved?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13864459/Pictured-British-educated-boss-Hungarian-firm-accused-making-pagers-exploded-wounding-hundreds-Hezbollah-fighters-denies-producing-gadgets-insists-just-intermediary.html

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but Israel is just comically evil at this point. Detonating pagers in grocery stores is like something you'd see a terrorist do in an Indian ripoff of Die Hard.

Edited by PK htiw klaw eriF
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

8 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

The pagers apparently  came from   Hungary, I doubt Orban would  have knowingly allowed  Israel to alter them.  So  Im  not sure if the state is involved?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13864459/Pictured-British-educated-boss-Hungarian-firm-accused-making-pagers-exploded-wounding-hundreds-Hezbollah-fighters-denies-producing-gadgets-insists-just-intermediary.html

That's why they say it was a state in the middle east.

I think it is more likely they own the company in Hungary.

• Hmmm 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

7 minutes ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but Israel is just comically evil at this point. Detonating pagers in grocery stores is like something you'd see a terrorist do in an Indian ripoff of Die Hard.

I am convinced they have a team watching movies and checking what villainous act they haven't done yet.

I mean, tying people to the hood of a car was right out of MadMax 2.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, melkathi said:

I am convinced they have a team watching movies and checking what villainous act they haven't done yet.

isn't the first kings man movie have head explode sd card

exploding pager seem similar enough

20 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Company in question (BAC Consulting KFT) is Hungarian, but it is just consulting shell company, that does not have any production facilities, even though it had license from the Taiwanese company to use their brand and design to make pagers. Hungarian officials say that those pagers have not made in Hungary or never been in Hungary.  

Also BAC Constulting's web pages disappeared from the net today. So it looks that plot has been much more complex than intercepting shipment somewhere and putting explosives in the devices. Also plan has been in process multiple months or even over two years considering that BAC Consulting was established in 2022. Also it looks like that company didn't have any employees only its founder is listed as shareholder. Company has reported about half million euro revenue from 2022 and from 2023. Company also claims that it has done jobs for European Commission and UK Department of International Development, but these claims could have not been proven to be truth when journalist have asked about them from the Commission and DoID. Also founder claimed for NBC that her company is only intermediate and does not produce pagers. Founder also says that she has been employed by European Commission on her linked page, but Commissions spokesperson says that this is false, but says that it is possible that she may have worked for Commission through external providers and consultancies (because there isn't usually any list of employees of such companies in Commission's records). There is possibility that BAC Consulting and its founder does not have anything to do with this case, except that it has been used to make it possible for Hezbollah to buy the pagers in first place, meaning that company is used to get production license for the pagers and they have been then produced actually by some other company that didn't want their name anywhere near to those pagers.

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Well I'm not looking forward to Israel setting off the Third Impact but I guess that's on the menu.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Thats  some  seriously impressive asymmetric warfare

Never underestimate Mossad  

Its pretty impressive Ill give them that. I hope more information comes out about how they pulled it off because I have several questions:

Does only Hezbollah use that model pager? Are they in widespread use amongst the average citizens?

Who supplied the walkie-talkies? These operate on a specific frequency channel (which is user selectable), how did they get them to explode?

Whats with the exploding solar panels? Coincidence?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Its pretty impressive Ill give them that. I hope more information comes out about how they pulled it off because I have several questions:

Does only Hezbollah use that model pager? Are they in widespread use amongst the average citizens?

Who supplied the walkie-talkies? These operate on a specific frequency channel (which is user selectable), how did they get them to explode?

Agreed,  I have  lots of questions around how they pulled  it off  

And I doubt the US  was involved, the  WH  would never agree to this type of strategy 

One  thing thats  guaranteed is how comprised Hezbollah must be around Israeli operatives 

John Milton 

3 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

It was likely a compromised shipment rather than a compromised model per se. Definitely not in widespread usage, most 'normal' people would just use cellphones which are pretty much ubiquitous in Lebanon (1 phone per 1.15 people). Though the most obvious other group using them (apart from drug cartels maybe) would be medical staff. Even if there were collateral damage it's not like Israel would care though. Or if Israel cared Netanyahu wouldn't.

Doesn't need to be more complicated than a remote detonator.  Ultimately the trouble with radios is that they have to send and receive signals; if you have a detonator receiver disguised as a genuine component it's got natural cover.

Israel has targeted pretty much every solar panel in Gaza. If nothing else it's a tacit threat to take out Lebanon's energy grid (such as it is...) and leave Hezbollah in the dark.

It will be... 'interesting' to see how countries react if Israel does target the energy grid given reactions in Ukraine. It was crickets when they hit the power plant at Hodeida the previous time the Houthis hit them.

OK, about as interesting as Israel targeting the water supply, the food supply, medical facilities, educational facilities, civilian buildings, refugee camps, medical staff, aid convoys, UN staff and UN facilities, and their energy grid, plus all the torture and other abuse of prisoners including rape and summary executions, no doubt.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 3

On 9/18/2024 at 11:23 PM, Zoraptor said:

It will be... 'interesting' to see how countries react if Israel does target the energy grid given reactions in Ukraine. It was crickets when they hit the power plant at Hodeida the previous time the Houthis hit them.

How many BRICS countries or Russian allies have publicly  criticized Russia for the  years of specifically targeting  Ukraine's energy grid?

Thats the answer to your question. I doubt any of Israel's allies will really question this strategy outside of a possible broad statement 

Thats the world we live in, selective and inconsistent outrage is all about who you like and who you allied with

But no one is consistent with the level of outrage, nothing really interesting or unusual about it when its expected and normalized 

John Milton 

6 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Thats the world we live in, selective and inconsistent outrage is all about who you like and who you allied with

But no one is consistent with the level of outrage, nothing really interesting or unusual about it when its expected and normalized

Then it's meaningless to do so.  Don't moan about the inhumanity about attacking energy when your spokesman have said things like "NATO has its finger on the lightswitch in Yugoslavia now and we can turn the power off whenever we need to and whenever we want to,"  (https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nato-shuts-off-power-to-serbia-1.185036)

Understandable that it's always a case of "you commit war crimes, I have terrible mistakes" but also the same that it becomes galling to listen to.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 9/20/2024 at 4:00 PM, Malcador said:

Then it's meaningless to do so.  Don't moan about the inhumanity about attacking energy when your spokesman have said things like "NATO has its finger on the lightswitch in Yugoslavia now and we can turn the power off whenever we need to and whenever we want to,"  (https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nato-shuts-off-power-to-serbia-1.185036)

Understandable that it's always a case of "you commit war crimes, I have terrible mistakes" but also the same that it becomes galling to listen to.

Sorry but Im not  sure  what you saying?

I sure  it  was  @Zoraptor who  clarified  in the Ukraine thread that  an energy grid is a  legitimate target  in  war.  Thats why the Russians target the Ukraine grid 

And  then  the second part  of  my post  is Israel's allies wont really comment  in a  critical way  in the same way Russia's allies   have said nothing about the  deliberate targeting of the Ukrainian energy grid 

So  if  Israel and Hezbollah   go to  war  Im  sure the Lebanese energy grid  will  be targeted because  thats  a  typical target in war ? 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton