2024: The year of Avowed (?)

As we roll into 2024, full of festive chocolate and stodgy fruit pudding, I find myself wondering more and more about Avowed. We've heard barely a peep about the game and its development since the Xbox showcase back in June 2023. The game's release date is currently listed as the ever so vague "2024" and I would assume, so long as the project is still on track, we will be looking at a Q4 release. That puts us somewhere between nine and twelve months from getting our hands on it, likely with a more detailed look at the gameplay around the midpoint of the year.

So, how are we feeling? I've noticed the forums here are fairly quiet and I can only assume that is down to the lack of any real, solid information about the game. After spending most of 2023 stating that I was "cautiously optimistic" about Starfield, I was VERY badly burned when September came around. Thankfully, Baldur's Gate 3 delivered the goods in my opinion. A reactive RPG and well presented world that only occasionally came apart at the seams, mainly in Act 3.

However, I am still itching for a solid first person RPG with some real depth to it. Could that be Avowed? I'm certainly hoping so.

I want a story with strong emotional resonance and memorable characters in Avowed, so I would ignore its other shortcomings, if its options are quite limited. Does anyone know who is the leader of Steel Garrote? A paladin who will do anything for "justice",  this would make a good enemy or ally.

Edited by btsam

I'm waiting for more informations, especially about the mechanics of the game, the gameplay trailer wasn't very exciting for me. It was only combat and heavily cutted, nothing impressive imo.

I want to know more about companions, factions, ability trees, character building, reactivity, itemization etc.

Yeah, I agree that there is a lot more to this game and a lot more aspects than what we were shown in the reveal trailer. Hopefully we will see a more in depth gameplay presentation this year, prior to release.

I have more faith in Obsidian than I do a lot of other studios out there right now, but after putting The Outer Worlds down after the second play through (which I forced on myself in order to experience the DLC) I'm a little wary.

• 2 weeks later...