1 hour ago, SenSx said:

It's better than the ogres ? They were good in PoE 1, even though all chanter needed in PoE 1 was The Dragon Thrashed, I wonder if it's as busted in PoE 2.

Yes, better than Orges.

The Dragon Thrashed is not as good as it was in PoE. In Deadfire it's pretty weak on its own - compared to other chants of somewhat similar tiers. One can still make use of it if you can stack it in the party with several other sources of long lasting (AoE) damage over time effects (like for example Barbarian's Blood Storm or Druid's damage over time spells or so). 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

the summoned weapons do tons of damage (they are the only chanter summons that actually scale their equipment with your level, so they get up to legendary enchantment), and each weapon comes with many uses of an ability - the important one IMO is the one that comes with knock down. you can spam up to 11 uses of knock down - give it a quick hotkey and use shift to queue up multiple uses on a tough foe and you can lock them down.

the fact that they scale their equipment means they basically outclass all other summons for damage once they become available, and likely even do better than the tier 9 dragon for pure damage (but the tier 9 dragon has  other advantages).

Edited by thelee

Oh wow ok thanks.

Were those summoned weapons as good in PoE 1 ?

I was told they were not great, so I admit I never really tried them an just kept the ogres.

But in Deadfire, even with the summoned swords, I guess Pallegina still needs the skeletons to build ressources ?

I need to see that Dragon summon at least once in my life 😁.

I remember hoping for one in PoE, but there was only the drake...that wasn't great if I recall, neither were the weapons as I was told.

9 hours ago, SenSx said:

Oh wow ok thanks.

Were those summoned weapons as good in PoE 1 ?

I was told they were not great, so I admit I never really tried them an just kept the ogres.

But in Deadfire, even with the summoned swords, I guess Pallegina still needs the skeletons to build ressources ?

I need to see that Dragon summon at least once in my life 😁.

I remember hoping for one in PoE, but there was only the drake...that wasn't great if I recall, neither were the weapons as I was told.

my honest response: "there were summonable weapons in poe1??" 😄 i doubt they were as good, i stopped with the ogres and used them to solo the final boss fight.

summons need to die for pallegina to get resources as an SC paladin, and sumoned weapons aren't going to die nearly as quickly as the skellies from the skeleton chant (and frankly you don't want your weapons to die, they are far more useful alive than in the form of zeal for pallegina IMO).

that dragon summon is great. it's kind of a rough choice because multiclassing a chanter is very tempting, but the dragon summon is a really good payoff if you do choose to invest in an SC chanter. absolutely huge, has literally thousand+ health. i've said it before on these forums a bunch, but it's so tough i've used it to facetank megabosses (its natural immunity to corrode helps especially against the slime megaboss). and while it doesn't have a scaling weapon like the summoned weapons, it has tons of power levels so its abilities scale incredibly well: it has two uses of a fire breath attack, three uses of a knock down ability, and two uses of a cone-wide tail lash; while its sustained autoattack won't be nearly as good as the summoned weapons, it can burst out a ton of damage with those abilities since you can use them as soon as it appears, in a wide area. in easier trash fights you can probably one-hit KO a bunch of enemies with a single tail lash or fire breath.

On 1/3/2024 at 2:03 PM, thelee said:

i'm more saying that you need to have something specific in mind. i mentioned SC barbarian retaliation because that's not a "tank," that's someone who blindly charges in and aggros as many enemies as possible because they want to get critically hit by bad guys. if you don't have something specific in mind, you're probably better off with well-enchanted medium armors. Eder (and other fighters) also get automatic recovery for a while, which makes medium armor extremely viable at all stages even as tank (though i'd get a shield in that situation, back to that conundrum).

I see - I always struggle between heavy armor and medium choices, so I am gonna go with medium more so than heavy. Like you mentioned one of the worst feeling is being super slow and unable to do any actions, esp. early and mid game on POTD. I feel like once you hit max level, the game becomes much easier, aside from some of the DLC content, which spikes up the difficulty quite  a bi. Vikrathi ,and Vessels I am looking at you LOL!

1 hour ago, thelee said:

my honest response: "there were summonable weapons in poe1??" 😄 i doubt they were as good, i stopped with the ogres and used them to solo the final boss fight.

summons need to die for pallegina to get resources as an SC paladin, and sumoned weapons aren't going to die nearly as quickly as the skellies from the skeleton chant (and frankly you don't want your weapons to die, they are far more useful alive than in the form of zeal for pallegina IMO).

that dragon summon is great. it's kind of a rough choice because multiclassing a chanter is very tempting, but the dragon summon is a really good payoff if you do choose to invest in an SC chanter. absolutely huge, has literally thousand+ health. i've said it before on these forums a bunch, but it's so tough i've used it to facetank megabosses (its natural immunity to corrode helps especially against the slime megaboss). and while it doesn't have a scaling weapon like the summoned weapons, it has tons of power levels so its abilities scale incredibly well: it has two uses of a fire breath attack, three uses of a knock down ability, and two uses of a cone-wide tail lash; while its sustained autoattack won't be nearly as good as the summoned weapons, it can burst out a ton of damage with those abilities since you can use them as soon as it appears, in a wide area. in easier trash fights you can probably one-hit KO a bunch of enemies with a single tail lash or fire breath.

Oh that dragon is so tempting !

But, it won't be for that playtrough.

Well Tekehu will have his lvl 9 summon beast, I hope it's good.

(I really love this game can BG3 really be better ? )

I checked, yes PoE also had weapon summon for chanter, added in the White March dlc.

But it needed 9 phrases or something like that, way too high when you got the ogres before that do the job well.

15 minutes ago, SenSx said:

Well Tekehu will have his lvl 9 summon beast, I hope it's good.

😐 um Tekehu loses access to normal summons (on both the chanter and druid side).  i think you might keep lashing vine at tier 7, and you get his special water whip and watery double, but you miss out on pretty much everything else (though the watery double one is meta-game-able)

Watery double is great. The whole subclass is great imo despite the loss of (the other) summons.

One thing about Thekehu: he will periodically cancel/clear all fire effects on him. While that's cool in most cases it also means that he clears beneficial fire effects on him - such as Mith Fyr from a fellow chanter.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2024 at 9:05 PM, Boeroer said:

Watery double is great. The whole subclass is great imo despite the loss of (the other) summons.

One thing about Thekehu: he will periodically cancel/clear all fire effects on him. While that's cool in most cases it also means that he clears beneficial fire effects on him - such as Mith Fyr from a fellow chanter.

That's actually funny about Thekehu, they thought of details like this.

Well no druid beast summon then :(

but his subclass seems strong indeed, no ff on water spells is amazing, especially for Chill Fog.

I will try to make him a good shark boy as well, making his shapeshift the best possible 

I don't reallt know which wild strike I should pick, in PoE 1 corrode was the best...but rp wise, ice/water makes more sense for him, I hope it does not gimp him too much ? 

Does it improve spells as well or just beast form ?

Edited by SenSx

Wild Strike only affects his weapon damage (so his Spiritshift natural weapons) by adding a lash. It doesn't improve spells etc.

I cannot say much about Tekehu's Spiritshift form. I almost never used it besides the early game (without any investment in abilities) because he was so busy casting his spells and his shark form doesn't help much with casting (besides giving decent armor with 0 recovery) but removes bonuses he might get from armor and/or weapon (for example Lance of the Midwood Stag, Spine of Thicket Green, Watershaper's Focus or Lord Darryn's Voulge).

Edited by Boeroer

8 hours ago, SenSx said:

I don't reallt know which wild strike I should pick, in PoE 1 corrode was the best...but rp wise, ice/water makes more sense for him, I hope it does not gimp him too much ? 

ice/water makes sense rp-wise, but there's a DLC where you'll basically run into frost-immune or extremely-high-frost-defense enemies almost non-stop. it's a strong, strong argument against picking up wildstrike frost. (similar to wildstrike fire. wildstrike shock and corrode are pretty generally useful in comparison).

you can still have success picking that wildstrike - it's basically a little bit like becoming a glass cannon. you give up the ability to wreck a certain class of enemies, but you gain the ability to wreck a different class of enemies (there are also frost-vulnerable enemies, and a handful will actually become debuffed with afflictions if hit by a frost effect)

6 hours ago, SenSx said:

I guess the dlc in question with frost resistant ennemies is Beast of Winter ?

yeah that's right.

thinking more on it, it's not as bad as i make it out to be - there are sections of that DLC where you actually fight fire-immune enemies where frost would be useful. it just stands out to me for two reasons - this DLC is particularly hard compared to main game so even if main game has like element-immune sections as well, it's not as bad bc they're comparatively easier. and second, this BoW dynamic is obvious if you pick up Vatnir, since that is when you can pick him up, and it's a bad time to pick him up because half of his bonus spells as a priest are going to be of lower use in the DLC (since half of his bonus spells are frost/water spells) so the elemental immunity/toughness just feels particularly acute.

Edited by thelee

On 1/9/2024 at 4:46 PM, SenSx said:

Oh ok cool thanks, sad the mod is not available in my language :(

(I could be volonteer for a translation).

I will try to improve Tekehu Shapeshift, I just love it.

Well, you can indeed volonteer 🙂

A new BPM version is planned for this weekend. 

I should volonteer to translate my own mod in my own language... (French) 

On 1/11/2024 at 9:11 AM, Elric Galad said:

Well, you can indeed volonteer 🙂

A new BPM version is planned for this weekend. 

I should volonteer to translate my own mod in my own language... (French) 

You mean you will translate the new BPM version or an other mode you made ?

I'm french as well, I can help for the BPM localization, but I have never done that, and don't know how to do it.

I don't know if I can be usefull.