Anime and Manga - How do you Live? Edition

Bartimaeus

Delicious in Dungeon 8 and 9

Somehow Laios didn't know his sister and Marcille went to school together, despite all the time the spent as a group in their adventures.confused.png.32c5d2a072ecd70d1035086796733a11.png

I know they've been eating monsters since episode 1, but episode 9 is literally "if you can't beat them, eat drink them". 😂

Tensei Slime 55

The Crusaders being beaten by goblins was hilarious. This is an entirely different level from most other fantasy stories.

Moonlit Fantasy 20

The plot just skyrocketed with the momentum from the previous episodes.

Spoiler

The demons launch a full invasion of the human territory, but apparently the main target is the female hero since, unlike the male one (can't remember their names😂), she actually inspires people and could be a threat in the future. However, they are attacked by Misumi's people in their own territory after he is summoned by the Goddess and accepts to do what she wants in exchange for being left alone in the future.

• Like 2

sign.jpg

About to start on my favourite slime hero (watched first episode a while ago), but otherwise at a bit of a loss what to watch next.

I loved Ergo Proxy and Heavenly Delusion, absolutely adored Gushing over Magical Girls and... Frieren? I doubt I'll find an adventure that will captivate me to that degree again. Metallic Rouge was enjoyable too, even if not into the whole fighting and "mecha" kind of thing. If these shows have anything in common, it's probably that they don't have anything in common 😖

Ah well, hope Rimuru sticks around a while yet

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

20 hours ago, Gorth said:

About to start on my favourite slime hero (watched first episode a while ago), but otherwise at a bit of a loss what to watch next.

I would suggest Kill la Kill. :yes:

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

21 hours ago, Gorth said:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

On 5/24/2024 at 4:17 AM, Gorth said:

Of the top of my head, some random titles in a couple of different directions

Bakemonogatari

Code Geass

Based on you liking the slime isekai: Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Delicious in Dungeon 10-12

Now they are making clothes out of the monsters.😂

Spoiler

I was expecting they would turn the dragon into a building or something.

They didn’t disappoint me and used it as an oven. What a bloody mess searching for Falin’s remains. Imagine this in live action. Actually, don’t. This is on Netflix.

Forbidden magic plus mixed bones? How did this work?! Or did it?

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Based on recommendations, I made myself a list of shows to check out, as in at least watch a few episodes of each (depending on availability). Not necessarily in this order, just cut and past from posts above

Kill la Kill
Bakemonogatari
Code Geass
Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill

Edit to add (so I have them in one place)

full metal alchemist

aquarion evol

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

tower of druaga 

• Thanks 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

19 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Based on recommendations, I made myself a list of shows to check out, as in at least watch a few episodes of each (depending on availability). Not necessarily in this order, just cut and past from posts above

Kill la Kill
Bakemonogatari
Code Geass

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA 

• Confused 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

9 hours ago, Gorth said:

Kill la Kill
Bakemonogatari
Code Geass

full metal alchemist

aquarion evol

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

tower of druaga 

would recommend these to almost anyone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

full metal alchemist

aquarion evol

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

tower of druaga 

would recommend these to almost anyone

Thanks. Editing my previous post, adding them 👍

10 hours ago, Gorth said:

Kill la Kill
Bakemonogatari
Code Geass

Edit to add (so I have them in one place)

full metal alchemist

You won't be disappointed with whichever of these you pick. Well except maybe Jojo... 😛

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

16 minutes ago, Sarex said:

You won't be disappointed with whichever of these you pick. Well except maybe Jojo... 😛

Jotaro-no-friends.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 2

Liar Satsuki Can See Death

been following this manga for a long time and it is finally finished

plot is main character can see dead body day before their death and try to prevent it

pretty unique reading experience

hope it got anime adaptation someday

finished Hell's Paradise s01

manga are already finished so anyone not patient enough to wait for season 2 have that option

very edgy sometime but mostly enjoyable

creature and environment design are amazingly disturbing

Posted (edited)

read 40 chapter of manga before remember anime adaptation will come out next year

variety of funny face characters would make in manga are very impressive

art is amazing

there are ridiculous amount of character but many of them still manage to be memorable

hope adaptation can live up to expectation

Edited by uuuhhii

Watched AD Police Files. The creators really liked Blade Runner. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 hours ago, Malcador said:

Watched AD Police Files. The creators really liked Blade Runner. 

Assuming it hasn't been remade into some abomination and you're talking about the 1990 OVA, I'm pretty sure I have a copy of that lying around somewhere, but I haven't checked it out yet...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Assuming it hasn't been remade into some abomination and you're talking about the 1990 OVA, I'm pretty sure I have a copy of that lying around somewhere, but I haven't checked it out yet...

Caught it on Youtube.  Well the dub anyway.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

itsuwari no marigold or false marigold

as anyone read a lot yuri manga know there are a lot short and heavy yuri out there

rarely get more emotional reading manga than this one

only 9 chapter in english now

but worth reading

Watched Berserk, 'cause wanted to see what inspired the game I seem unable to quit recently. None of that horror at the end would have happened if only Griffith had courage to ask Gutz out. 

This content cannot be displayed until agreeing to our use of Social Media cookies. Learn more.

Manage cookies

kaiju no 8

anime adaptation are a lot better than manga

character and important scene are a lot more expressive

at least for the first few episode