Randommer/Interestinglier/Weirder - now more of everything for the same low price!

Sarex

I sometimes come across these as recommended videos. I think they've done a good job at fixing the speed, frame rate and colorize some of these old clips from the late 1800's and early 1900's...

A personal favourite of mine, the last known footage of the Bismarck (movie shot from the perspective of the accompanying Prinz Eugen)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Mexican morning TV is/was good stuff.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://archive.org/details/DontBeaS1947

"Don't Be A Sucker" -  A 1947 short film made by the US Army, in an attempt to teach US Citizens how to avoid falling for a certain type of people....

Admonishes Americans that they will lose their country if they let fanaticism and hatred turn them into "suckers." "Let's forget about 'we' and 'they' -- let's think about us!" In the context of the emerging Cold War, this film appears paradoxical.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."