annoying little sayings...

I have noticed that all battles in KotOR didn't last more than 2 minutes apart from the final battle with Malak. So a set of three battlecryes for each character would be enough, so in afight you would hear at least two different taunts before it is over. By the way has anyone noticed that Darth Malak didn't say a word as a battlecry in both battles. I mean with that metal thingie as a jaw he would sound pretty cool.

You feel like arguing what style it was written in? I don't really care.

If you don't care, why bring it up?

Maybe I'll try to explain myself, and you'll start over-analyzing and get really condescending about how I'm trying to condescend YOU.

Or maybe you should instead try to be mature enough to not refer to quibbles you may have had with me in the past, since they're not relevant (or rememberd correctly, as your statement would indicate).

It's fixed. No more, "fallout doesn't have serious writing." I'll remember to be completely PC on this forum from now on... though to be honest, it's getting hard to tell what politically correct IS.

When did being politically correct became a issue?

It's interesting that you imply i over-analyze people's posts... My post above was pretty nonchalant. I didn't made any statement against you, nor against your previous remark. I didn't asked you to rephrase it. Yet, you simply looked at it, and flipped out, changing in on the grounds of political correctedness... which no one else here seems to have brought up.

Perhaps over-analyzing what others say is a trait which isn't exclusively mine, eh? Though over-reacting might be something worse.

I agree with Maria.

I don't say you over-analyzed everyone's post, just mine.

I was trying to be sarcastic and incite a response, saying "politically correct,"... though of course that was stupid. Not just for being sarcastic, but I guess I must've been playing with words in a way most people don't... which I do a lot.

I said, 'you feel like arguing,' and it was in response to a prompt I felt by you disputing it's writing style. I would've tried to say how we agreed, or figure out common ground, but that tends to be rather ill-fated.

And you have vastly misinterpreted half the things I've said as inflammatory, if I'm not mistaken.

I brought it up because I was sick of being seen in various oddly infuriating ways by people I have absolute respect for, yourself included. Maybe it's just my own insecurity, but no one's really addressed any of those instances when they came up. That's fine, they don't feel like arguing; I can understand that, or if they just don't see the point in proving that they didn't actually think that, but it's built up, and you just laid (blah...forget my grammar) the last straw on the camel's back.

Obviously, this doesn't mean I want to argue with you. I suppose I should just be more careful, but I really have no idea what to be careful about at this point.

A great example of "breaking the fourth wall" can be seen in the final scene of Francois Truffaut's masterpiece "Les Quatre cents coups". (The Four Hundred Blows)

The movie is about a young boy growing up in France during the early twentieth century. The final scene is probably one of the most classic examples of a director breaking the mold (or in this case, the fourth wall) ever. It's an incredibly powerful scene and I'd recommend you all to see this one, even though it's black and white. Unfortunately I can't describe it to you because that would be a major spoiler.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Who doesn't love Juhanis battle cry "I vill be your DOOOOOOOM!". :D

That cracks me up sometimes :D

But the rest have got to go, the constant "here it is, down you go, you cannot win," etc. It's almost unrealistic having all the characters repeat the same thing when they fight

In Kingdom Hearts, you hear Sora grunt each time he swings the sword. There are a variety of grunt sound-effects, and it works nicely. They're not too loud, and it sounds relatively realistic.

I keep picturing the recording sessions for that. "Haley, we need to grunt some more for the microphone."

I think sayings are fine. As long as there is variety and they aren't said too often. Knights treads a line of being enough and almost too much. BG ID and their sequels I think use sayings way too much. I say throw in variety among someone's sayings so you won't hear the same one all the time from one person.

The one that gets me is, "For the Republic!" or "For the Jedi!!" or "For Juhani!". I cringe every time I here something like that.

I know the lines aren't said on every move; this could be more distantly spaced. The grunts and oofs were pretty tastefully done, however.

Battle cries can be cool. Especially when from wacky, kinda crazy characters. Good example: "CAAAAARLSON AND PETERS!!!" said by Double H in Beyond Good & Evil. That one pwnt. :D

Juhani sounds like a Cathar in that she has trouble controlling her agressive impuleses. It's common for cathar jedi. I think. I read it somewhere.

Perhaps in the story of Exar Kun? His three distinctive scars along his cheek were from a Cathar Padawan in training at the same time as himself who gave them to him with her claws when he struck down their master IIRC. B)

It said that in Juhani's description somewhere, actually. Probably on the main site.

I'm all for grunts...

They should still add more, though.

"Ok, just three more hours of grunting to go, then we're done."

Hehehehe...

(I'm not being serious)

Yeah, for some reason the dejected, "For the Republic" and the slightly less half-assed, "For the Jedi!" was annoying. It could be because it was dramatic but not in the right way.

Battle exclamations should be simple, and not sound out of place...

I think tension should definitely be there; in confidence, fear or just uncertainty. Maybe if it changed tone according to how the battle was going, or how many hp a character had left. It would also alert you to how your party was doing. Maybe THAT would solve people's annoyance.

But you should still be able to turn them off.