Any Harvesters of Gaun besides Xoti? Or anyone with Blessed Harvest?

Doing a ultimate run, xoti needs to die so I can get her lantern. I can just kill her on my ship but I was thinking I want to steal Blessed Harvest with minor grimoire imprint (hierophant). 

I told her to piss off in Port Maje. About to leave Neketaka and she's hanging out in the Gaun temple. Seems the only way for me to get this spell is to attack Xoti in the temple (on Maje not high enough level to have minor grimoire imprint), which aggros most of the named NPCs including Adaryc and one or two iron flail buddies who are pretty tough. I've cleared them out before to see if I could get the spell (yes), though I didn't continue with it on that playthrough since it seemed super evil and I don't like the reputation loss even though it probably has zero consequences...(i've already done their quests).

I've run into every other subtype of priest except maybe woedica (guessing that masked woman at oathbinder's is one though, probably more at magristate's cudgel place).

Haven't found any harvesters of gaun. Maybe because they don't attack you. There's Waenglith on Maje and Pitl in the Gullet, but I don't think either one has Blessed Harvest... they might be marked as Eothas priests IDK. Saewyn too, but that triggers same fight as Xoti. 

Then again I take a hit to power level with stolen priest spells, maybe it is not that good. Though a spammable cast that does massive single target damage is pretty nice. Good for when a soul annihilation doesn't finish off an enemy... that would be main use case, or against enemies with lower fortitude than deflection but that seems pretty rare.

TLDR, where the harvesters at, any consequences of slaughtering the dawnstars, and does this spell stay good at later levels? Haven't used it much as I only played once with a party but it seemed like the only way I could get Xoti to do any damage... might fall off steep at higher levels though. Not sure how it works with crits and whatnot.

Okay something is messed up with the game's reputation system. I just killed 6 or 7 people in the temple on a parallel run (minus iron / wael) and the text said I took minor reputation loss for each one, but I still had a 5 rep with them and at this point on that run I'd done nothing but fix the wagon on maje and get the blessing from waenglith. 

Anyway I guess that answers one question...doesn't seem to matter if I slaughter them. Though Adaryc is even higher level than I thought. Couldn't tell with Wael but my L14 char showed him red with 3 skulls. Pretty hard to put down, and his buddy the Iron Flail gunner has 3 white skulls. 

Saewyn is a Priest of Eothas. You can steal withdraw (and sunbeam) but lots of priests with withdraw, not hard to get. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shai Hulud said:

TLDR, where the harvesters at, any consequences of slaughtering the dawnstars, and does this spell stay good at later levels?

the spell is definitely still good at later levels. it's not as consistently an insta-kill spell on 50% or lower enemies as it can be at early-mid levels due to the increasing number of bullet sponges, but doing 100+ damage almost instantaneously is always good. my xoti has an AI script that always tries to use it on any target at less than 50% health, and she's still doing instashot kills even in end-game content.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thelee said:

the spell is definitely still good at later levels. it's not as consistently an insta-kill spell on 50% or lower enemies as it can be at early-mid levels due to the increasing number of bullet sponges, but doing 100+ damage almost instantaneously is always good. my xoti has an AI script that always tries to use it on any target at less than 50% health, and she's still doing instashot kills even in end-game content.

Well, got me a temple to slaughter! Bwahahahahaha

22 hours ago, thelee said:

Kinda funny how two of the best Priest kits out there are on NPCs. Vatnir and Xoti's kits absolutely rule. 

Vatnir's might be my favorite Priest one out there. Having such a diverse toolkit as an offensive Priest is great. 

• Like 2

Imo the best Priest subclasses (spell-wise) are Woedica, Wael and Skaen (Skean mostly for solo runs though). Xoti's only special stuff is Blessed Harvest - and while that's cool it's not really that impactful imo. Vatnir is nice because his subclass has alternative dmg sources to fire - but so has Berath...  

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Imo the best Priest subclasses (spell-wise) are Woedica, Wael and Skaen (Skean mostly for solo runs though). Xoti's only special stuff is Blessed Harvest - and while that's cool it's not really that impactful imo. Vatnir is nice because his subclass has alternative dmg sources to fire - but so has Berath...  

I feel like Xoti's subclass shines a lot early in the game when bursting down a few enemies quickly can make a big difference. Later when enemies have a lot of hp it's less impactful like Thelee said.

I've definitely been saved more than once on Gorreci street by Xoti landing a clutch Blessed Harvest

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I agree with Skaen and Wael, but why Woedica? I've never used one but the writ spells look kinda meh. Besides writ of sorcery, which would be great to shutdown spellcasters. Maybe write of war. Either would make an excellent pre combat cast, assuming they can be cast pre-combat... I haven't encountered many (any?) Woedica priests out in the wild though. Inquisitor Lodwyn is a paladin, but maybe there are Woedica priests with her. I never fight them because I tend to do that encounter early. Then there's the Woedica cult in the subterranean temple north of Poko Kahara. Usually skip that too, kinda out of the way. But I'm not sure any of them are priests of woedica. The leader Gulfaryc is a paladin. Checked the wiki and there are four companions. It says two of them are wizard and ranger, one is unlisted but gear looks like a fighter, last could be a priest but there is no link. 

Have you seen any priests of woedica roaming around, and if so where?

Skaen priests are the best and I've run into a couple. The Beina encounter is great for stealing spells. You can pull the enemies one at a time with traps and the Goldpact priests have withdraw and other standard priest spells, while Beina is a priest of Skaen and has Escape and Barbs of Condemnation, both good steals (but mostly escape). A pure mage with major grimoire imprint could presumably steal Shadowing Beyond (amazing), plus presumably Spiritual Ally and Minor Avatar. Heck, then you could just cast Spiritual Ally while invisible. Fun stuff... 

Quite a few Wael priests out there, though I can't recall where exactly. Arcane Veil and Llengrath's Displaced Image add a ton to their survivability and Gaze of the Adragan is great CC. Confusion to a lesser extent. I miss the confusion of POE1... as far as I can tell the confusion of POE2 doesn't cause enemies to target each other, their AOE spells and abilities just hit everyone. 

9 hours ago, masterty66 said:

I feel like Xoti's subclass shines a lot early in the game when bursting down a few enemies quickly can make a big difference. Later when enemies have a lot of hp it's less impactful like Thelee said.

I've definitely been saved more than once on Gorreci street by Xoti landing a clutch Blessed Harvest

Yeah I kinda regret taking Blessed Harvest already. It is spammable but doesn't hit that much because enemy fortitude tends to be high and my weapon accuracy buffs don't apply. Also doesn't seem to do more damage on a crit. Does good damage on graze.

IDK why the devs changed the formula for accuracy and deflection on POE2. In the first one perception got you 2 accuracy per point, and resolve got you two deflection. Same as will/fortitude/reflex. Now those get double but not accuracy and deflection, meaning for most enemies the easiest thing to do is target deflection. I seem to get hit with debuffs less often though. That's probably it... enemy accuracy is also relatively lower so they can reliably hit your deflection but it is harder for them to crit you with paralyze or something that ends your game like in POE1.

I don't regret slaughtering the temple though. Was a relatively easy way to grab withdraw and restore from Saewyn.

16 hours ago, masterty66 said:

Kinda funny how two of the best Priest kits out there are on NPCs. Vatnir and Xoti's kits absolutely rule. 

Vatnir's might be my favorite Priest one out there. Having such a diverse toolkit as an offensive Priest is great. 

Vatnir has some good spells yeah but nothing unique that I can steal. I do want his High Harbinger robes though. They're the best way to damage yourself with lightning attacks. Can get like +200% lightning damage if you have all of (deltro's cage helm, high harbinger robes, kuaru's ring, chameleon ring, sash of judgment, water lily sandals, milx or boras for pet (so you can crit), enough lightning penetration so you overpen (the heart of the storm feat helps, can also intentionally kill yourself with chain lightning for system shock), ogre might gloves, and griffin's sword). Not a good cloak to improve spell damage as far as I know. On my last run I managed to get +210% lightning. I used the Scroll of Maelstrom though, that does more damage than any spell if you max arcana and use the listed items except swap gloves for the left hand of the obscured. It is really really risky for an iron run though. You have to time great maelstrom so you're hit with ideally just one lightning bolt. And you have to web vela so you doesn't wander in and die during the 6 second cast. Also if you have an injury you can easily kill yourself, if you get hit by crush/freeze then shock, that kills you, then you wake up and get hit by another lightning bolt that does +150 to 200% lightning damage and that's 2 more injuries right there. Safer to use chain lightning but doesn't do quite as much damage unless your might is stupid high. 

Whoa, big tangent there lol. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shai Hulud said:

I agree with Skaen and Wael, but why Woedica? I've never used one but the writ spells look kinda meh. Besides writ of sorcery, which would be great to shutdown spellcasters. Maybe write of war. Either would make an excellent pre combat cast, assuming they can be cast pre-combat... I haven't encountered many (any?) Woedica priests out in the wild though. Inquisitor Lodwyn is a paladin, but maybe there are Woedica priests with her. I never fight them because I tend to do that encounter early. Then there's the Woedica cult in the subterranean temple north of Poko Kahara. Usually skip that too, kinda out of the way. But I'm not sure any of them are priests of woedica. The leader Gulfaryc is a paladin. Checked the wiki and there are four companions. It says two of them are wizard and ranger, one is unlisted but gear looks like a fighter, last could be a priest but there is no link. 

Woedica's actually quite a strong kit. It might not be clear from the spell descriptions, but if I'm not mistaken (haven't used the kit in a bit) the Writs do their effect on top of providing whatever disabling they do. So for example, Writ of War (AT5) shuts down all non spell usage, but it also provides a shaken affliction. So these writs are actually quite powerful ways to shut down enemy abilities and usually provide a useful affliction as well.

Writ Of Mending (AT 9) provides Enfeeblement which as we all know is one of the most powerful afflictions in the game. 

Writ of Sorcery and Writ of War are both extremely useful ways to shut down annoying enemy abilities. Imagine dropping a Writ of War on those Burning Archers in Beast of Winter, for example. Then they can no longer spam confounding blind on your squishies. Pretty nice eh?

3 hours ago, masterty66 said:

Woedica's actually quite a strong kit. It might not be clear from the spell descriptions, but if I'm not mistaken (haven't used the kit in a bit) the Writs do their effect on top of providing whatever disabling they do. So for example, Writ of War (AT5) shuts down all non spell usage, but it also provides a shaken affliction. So these writs are actually quite powerful ways to shut down enemy abilities and usually provide a useful affliction as well.

Writ Of Mending (AT 9) provides Enfeeblement which as we all know is one of the most powerful afflictions in the game. 

Writ of Sorcery and Writ of War are both extremely useful ways to shut down annoying enemy abilities. Imagine dropping a Writ of War on those Burning Archers in Beast of Winter, for example. Then they can no longer spam confounding blind on your squishies. Pretty nice eh?

The main reason the writs don't look that appealing to me is they are all lengthy casts, so I'd mostly be using them as alpha strikes. Assuming I can cast them out of combat. 

Probably great in a party though if you have other people to do the damage. 

• Like 1

The Writ spells all roll vs. Will which is supereasy to bring down (for example by a Wizard/whatever with Miasma) and often is low to begin with. 

Writ of War + Writ of Sorcery know no immunities and basically reduce all enemies in the AoE to auto-attacks. Writ of Mending is just awesome. A rel. long Enfeeble in an AoE vs. Will that prevents healing, shaves off max health points and gives all effects you put on the enemy +50% duration (including the Writ of Mending itself) is very potent.

2.5m radius is a decent base value, too. 

Even Writ of Consumption is useful. The ban of consumables is only useful against certain enemies (like certain Ogres, see Torkar) - but it also sickens which is a -10 fortitude debuff - again vs. Will. There are not many abilities that target Will but bring down fortitude. Combine with Writ of Engagement and drop fortitude by another 10 points (bc. staggered) vs. Will. Taking engagement from enemies is very nice, too if you have some characters that profit from moving around freely, but it's just icing on he cake for me. 

The casting times for those (4.5s) are pretty standard for a lot of priest spells. No many complain about the casting time of Divine Mark or Devotions ftF for example. ;) 

And yes, in a party. As I said the best subclass for a solo priest is most likely Skaen - just because of Shadowing Beyond alone. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

The Writ spells all roll vs. Will which is supereasy to bring down (for example by a Wizard/whatever with Miasma) and often is low to begin with. 

Writ of War + Writ of Sorcery know no immunities and basically reduce all enemies in the AoE to auto-attacks. Writ of Mending is just awesome. A rel. long Enfeeble in an AoE vs. Will that prevents healing, shaves off max health points and gives all effects you put on the enemy +50% duration (including the Writ of Mending itself) is very potent.

Even Writ of Consumption is useful. The ban of consumables is only useful against certain enemies (like certain Ogres, see Torkar) - but it also sickens which is a -10 fortitude debuff - again vs. Will. There are not many abilities that target will but bring down fortitude. Combine with Writ of Engagement and drop fortitude by another 10 points (bc. staggered) vs. Will. Taking engagement from enemies is very nice, too if you have some characters that profit from moving around freely, but it's just icing on he cake for me. 

The casting times for those (4.5s) are pretty standard for a lot of priest spells. No many complain about the casting time of Divine Mark or Devotions ftF for example. ;) 

And yes, in a party. As I said the best subclass for a solo priest if most likely Skaen - just because of Shadowing Beyond alone. 

Writ of Engagement even seems useful in and of itself because being immune to engagement is a big survivability boost for your non tank characters letting them move in and out as needed.

I could also see pairing it with something like Footsteps of the Beast + Heart Chime Amulet (Death Godlike). I am using that combo in my current run with a Berathian Helwalker/Priest and if I'm not mistaken the Heart Chime Amulet has a chance to proc every time the boots proc hobble on enemies. So that 5% can proc a lot when you are hobbling enemies all over the battlefield. I think @Constentin Lévinediscovered that particular interaction. Combine that with Writ of Engagement and you could basically run around the battlefield hobbling enemies and potentially proccing Heart Chime Amulet and all without worrying about engagement. So that's kinda cool.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Even Writ of Consumption is useful. The ban of consumables is only useful against certain enemies (like certain Ogres, see Torkar) - but it also sickens which is a -10 fortitude debuff - again vs. Will. There are not many abilities that target will but bring down fortitude. Combine with Writ of Engagement and drop fortitude by another 10 points (bc. staggered) vs. Will. Taking engagement from enemies is very nice, too if you have some characters that profit from moving around freely, but it's just icing on he cake for me. 

And yes, in a party. As I said the best subclass for a solo priest if most likely Skaen - just because of Shadowing Beyond alone. 

Lowering fortitude is useful for grimoire imprints. But most spells that lower fortitude target fortitude... 

So that's actually really cool that writ of consumption and writ of engagement target will. And I can steal them with my hierophant. Are there any priests of woedica in the wild or is it just a player thing?

The 4.5s and 6s casts in wizard / priest / druid really annoy me. A few of the spells are good enough to cast anyway but often it makes more sense to cast a bunch of .5s spells. At least in a cheesefest ultimate run like I'm currently employing. Recovery time can be eliminated so it is hard for me to justify casting a ton of wizard spells that otherwise seem cool. Cipher and chanter have lots of .5s offensive casts, whereas wizards don't have any, though that handicap is more than made up by certain spell interactions and imprints, plus all the great defensive casts. I even skip Divine Mark as a free steal because it takes too long to cast, and it's a single target debuff. Stole it last playthrough thinking it would be useful on bosses but never used it. Devotions I would steal because it is a huge buff + AOE debuff and if you're a priest you can just SOT everything so the cast time isn't as big an issue on buffs.

I don't recall POE1 spellcasting being so slow...though I admit it has been a while. But like 6 second summoning is insane. Solo you're often dead by then unless it's your first cast. On my cipher/chanter only time I'd use summons was right when combat started before I had a dozen enemies threatening me. That's why arkemyr's brilliant departure is so good because you can cast summons while invisible. Same with shadowing beyond I guess. 

2 hours ago, masterty66 said:

Writ of Engagement even seems useful in and of itself because being immune to engagement is a big survivability boost for your non tank characters letting them move in and out as needed.

I could also see pairing it with something like Footsteps of the Beast + Heart Chime Amulet (Death Godlike). I am using that combo in my current run with a Berathian Helwalker/Priest and if I'm not mistaken the Heart Chime Amulet has a chance to proc every time the boots proc hobble on enemies. So that 5% can proc a lot when you are hobbling enemies all over the battlefield. I think @Constentin Lévinediscovered that particular interaction. Combine that with Writ of Engagement and you could basically run around the battlefield hobbling enemies and potentially proccing Heart Chime Amulet and all without worrying about engagement. So that's kinda cool.

I've only gotten the chime amulet once and it sucked on the build I was using. That is a super specific use case but cool nonetheless. So you get enemies down to 100 health and they just explode when you walk by them? Too bad even mook enemies at that point have like 600 health...

1 hour ago, Shai Hulud said:

I've only gotten the chime amulet once and it sucked on the build I was using. That is a super specific use case but cool nonetheless. So you get enemies down to 100 health and they just explode when you walk by them? Too bad even mook enemies at that point have like 600 health...

That's exactly it. It procs more than you'd think because as you fight big groups of enemies it's common for many to go down to 100 health or less after a while. And the amulet is a good finisher in that case. When it procs it's like a free death ring or something.

Hm... the forum doesn't let me post the following text for whatever reason. I keep getting messages like "this request is blocked" (followed by an bunch of letters and numbers after sending it):
Screenshot_Chrome_request_blocked.png?dl

and I also can't just make a dummy post and then edit the text in (will say that the post is too old for that...???) - so I'll just post a screenshot, sorry. @Gorthany idea why that is? Did I accidentially trigger some anti-something mechanic of the forum or so? Maybe there is some hidden characters that mess the foum up (I typed the text on my android phone).

screenshot_broken_post.png?dl=1

Edited by Boeroer

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Hm... the forum doesn't let me post the following text for whatever reason. I keep getting messages like "this request is blocked" (followed by an bunch of letters and numbers after sending it):
and I also can't just make a dummy post and then edit the text in (will say that the post is too old for that...???) - so I'll just post a screenshot, sorry. @Gorthany idea why that is? Did I accidentially trigger some anti-something mechanic of the forum or so? Maybe there is some hidden characters that mess the foum up (I typed the text on my android phone).

There is a long, ongoing thread in the Obsidian General forum about the board's current issues, like eating whole posts, everything past the first line or not working at all on some browsers. One thing that didn't work was using brackets without quotes around them

Edit: the brackets in "(test)" without the two "'s will give you an error for example

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Test (hello bracket test).

Hm, brackets seem to work fine for me.
I didn't experience any problems until the one above - it didn't even let me post the first sentence (when I cut the rest for testing purposes). I even pasted the text into some very basic text editor and removed all rich text features and possible tags and whatnot - didn't help at all. As if the text I typed somehow offended the forum, hehe. Very weird. I just hope this was a one-time occurancy only. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Boeroer

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Screenshot_Chrome_request_blocked.png?dl

screenshot_broken_post.png?dl=1

I've been having problems posting too. I've made a couple long responses in various threads that just disappared. So now I'm copy pasting everything first. 

I thought I was the only one who used those obscure spells like Jernaugh's Equalizing Burst! I like that as a pre combat opener then switch to llengrath's martial mysteries. But yeah the book costs like 13k which is absurd...Unrelated but I also really like the spell "Nannasin's Cobra Strike" which is weirdly sold by the map guy in Snakeskin grimoire. Hard to tell from the description but it basically gives you a 1.8m unarmed two-weapon attack that does massive amounts of poison damage over time. Unfortunately lot of enemies are immune to both piercing and poison so I use the other weapon spells more but it is really cool vs kith, particularly as you can cast it earlier than Citzal's and it has longer duration. But once you get Citzal's there isn't much reason to go back. If I could memorize the spell I probably would but at that point it isn't worth hanging onto the grimoire.

Maybe you're right that the mechanics are better in Deadfire. IDK. Haven't played the first one in a few years but it seemed like more classes were viable. There was a bit of an issue where parties could just center around making huge alpha strikes I guess. I liked the 6 vs 5 though. More forgiving in selecting the party. My biggest issue with Deadfire though isn't the mechanics so much as how disconnected everything is. When I first played it when it came out I couldn't get into it because I didn't know where I was supposed to go. I thought the Old City in Neketaka was really cool, though it took me absolutely forever to get through it because I did all the fights and I was bad so lots of reloading. After that though it's like do I go to Hasongo or Motari o Kozi or Poko Kahara or what? Also feels less traditional an RPG, no proper dungeons. I like it a lot more now. The multiclass system is what really shines. With the various subclasses and tons of items there are so many possible builds. Just started playing it a lot a few months ago so I'm late to the party.

But like Ngati's Tusks is kind of emblematic of what I'm talking about. I didn't even know that weapon existed. You can't get it until super late game, you have to go way out of your way sailing across the Deadfire for the quest (though not as far as the other SSS quests)... Hunter of Hunters looks like a really good debuff but it requires two antlers. Most playthroughs I'm lucky to get ONE. No enemies drop antlers as far as I know. Only place where you can get two is either get really lucky at Cuitzl's or the scripted interaction on Neketaka Island where you get the Garland's Breath. So like 99% of players are never going to get to use that weapon.

--------

Let me ask you a question @Boeroer as you seem super knowledgeable about the game. How do items with "immunity to X afflictions" work? LIke Effigy's Husk with immunity to might or Cap of the Laughingstock immunity to resolve afflictions? I've used these items a lot and sometimes I *still* get might or resolve afflictions. Don't recall where exactly besides Sigilmaster Auranic, I know one of his obelisks seems to bypass the immunity to resolve affliction.

Merry christmas everyone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shai Hulud said:

I've been having problems posting too. I've made a couple long responses in various threads that just disappared. So now I'm copy pasting everything first. 

I've had this problem too. When I hit reply sometimes my post disappears. However, if I open up reply again the post I just typed is still there and hitting submit reply again posts it just fine.

Your point about Ngati's Tusk is a good one. I see a lot of builds and stuff using The Weyc's Wand plus Least Unstable Coil and while it's cool to see the interactions with those two items it's also a situation where you will have likely completed 99% of the game by the time you get those items. So for me doing a build that is built around Weyc's Wand or even the coil is not super appealing. If it's a build where those things are cherries on top then that is cool, but for me I want a character that is functional (or even good) for the meat of the game. That is also why I think people often underestimate single classes too, because getting PL4 as a Priest (devotions) or Mage (Ninagauths, Pull of Eora, etc) is pretty impactful early on, and arguably more so than what a multi class gives. Multiclass is of course quite fun and I often do it, but I think sometimes people underestimate the power of getting the good stuff earlier.

I wish Obsidian had done one more DLC because I'd love to have more time to play with Weyc's wand but every time I get it I'm about done with the game 😀. I guess you can vary the order you do the DLC in as well and do Forgotten Sanctum before the other DLCs but I've never done that and I imagine it would be a pretty stiff challenge since FS is the hardest dlc. But maybe doable?

I'm rambling now. Merry Christmas all.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, masterty66 said:

I've had this problem too. When I hit reply sometimes my post disappears. However, if I open up reply again the post I just typed is still there and hitting submit reply again posts it just fine.

Your point about Ngati's Tusk is a good one. I see a lot of builds and stuff using The Weyc's Wand plus Least Unstable Coil and while it's cool to see the interactions with those two items it's also a situation where you will have likely completed 99% of the game by the time you get those items. So for me doing a build that is built around Weyc's Wand or even the coil is not super appealing. If it's a build where those things are cherries on top then that is cool, but for me I want a character that is functional (or even good) for the meat of the game. That is also why I think people often underestimate single classes too, because getting PL4 as a Priest (devotions) or Mage (Ninagauths, Pull of Eora, etc) is pretty impactful early on, and arguably more so than what a multi class gives. Multiclass is of course quite fun and I often do it, but I think sometimes people underestimate the power of getting the good stuff earlier.

I wish Obsidian had done one more DLC because I'd love to have more time to play with Weyc's wand but every time I get it I'm about done with the game 😀. I guess you can vary the order you do the DLC in as well and do Forgotten Sanctum before the other DLCs but I've never done that and I imagine it would be a pretty stiff challenge since FS is the hardest dlc. But maybe doable?

I'm rambling now. Merry Christmas all.

Yep... my last run I did SSS, then FS, then BW, and all of that content made up like 10, maybe 15 percent of the run. If I'd done SSS last then it's like 2% of the game when Least Unstable Coil is done. Also FS is by far the best IMO. But yeah some more DLC would be nice, especially a lower level one. Somewhere you could go like L10, before having progressed through most of the story.

Agree about the late game item builds. If those items are the meat of the build then you are going to be sneaking around most of the game until you get your items because you won't be able to handle fights beforehand. For difficult runs (solo POTD for example) you often sneak around until L16+ anyway, and you level up faster, so it isn't as big an issue but for most people builds that don't come together until the last 10 to 20% of the game are not going to be appealing.

Single classes are much better in parties, which is how the game is usually played. It takes a long time to hit L20 in a full party, so getting crucial abilities tens of thousands of XP earlier allows you to actually fight things in the intended order. Like taking on the cave grub when you do Cornett's Call, rather than sneaking past for the goodies and coming back to stomp him when you're high level. Single class mages, priests, druids, ciphers, chanters, anything that requires hitting certain spells or abilities to be effective tend to work better in parties than multiclass, plus there are some really cool high level spells for most classes. Other classes like fighters, paladins, rangers...doesn't matter quite as much.

That said I usually do play multiclass because of the breadth of abilities available across two classes and the various subclass interactions. But I usually solo. When soloing, breadth is more important than depth (usually). 

Sometimes I just hire an exported adventurer with a non-enchanted Ngati's Tusk from a former playthrough. It's very expensive to do so but it allows to get the item very early. In this case it doesn't even feel cheesy because you a) have to pay a huge amount for it and b) its best enchantment scales with Survival, so it isn't OP at all when you get it early and c) the exported char cannot come from a cheated game because that would flag your current game as cheated, too. 

For Antlers I just spam the wait function at Cuitzl's (and buy all the rare creature parts that may come up, like Vithrak Brains and so on, too). 

---

Some afflictions from unique abilities of enemies may not be coded properly so they might circumvent immunities. But it's rare.  

Edited by Boeroer