Revan

Will we actually see him?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Will we actually see him?

• Yes, he will make a cameo
    • No, we will only be told what happens to him
    • WTF, why are you bringing this up again?
    • I have no opinion but i'm a looser who likes to vote for the sake of it

Supposedly it is guaranteed Revan will be in the game in some way, shape, or form. His importance is obviously unknown, but he's in for sure. I would suppose that you would be able to pick the fate that Revan ended up with.

My guess is that instead of directly asking what happened, I figure they would ask more subtlely.

You know that doesn't mean we have to actually see him/her.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I agree TSAdmiral. I also agree with u SunTzu. I also agree with lowiei (at least the part about the questions, but nothing more).

We have all made valid points on this. Many believe Revan will make a cameo ( as stated). To TSAdmiral, we hav at least some idea of his importance, in that u must hav met up with him somewhere before the start of the game since u wake up (semi-concious) on the ebon hawk. Either that or u stole the ship and his droid (T3-M4) which is highly unlikely.

To SunTzu, u also make a valid point, that although he may be mentioned, he may not show up at all. However, he is very important in the first game, and appears to also be very important in the second. With this importance in (supposedly) both games, it looks like he will turn up.

The fact that Revan is likely to turn up is also my reasoning for Bastila's likely return, but lets not get off topic.

To lowiei, a nice idea, and not a bad one either. It's better than some of the garbage ideas i've seen (no offence just voicing my opinions) but i do not think it will be like that. Your character was very loyal to Revan during the mandalore Wars (or so i've heard) so if u r darkside or lightside, i believe u will still be loyal to Revan (unless he is the opposite alignment).

Still, mucka i do not think they will come cluching a baby in one hand and a saber in another.

Still, like i said lowiei, good idea.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

I think Revan will make a cameo, the devs will probably just have him wearing a mask.cool.gif

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I think I read on IGN or Gamespot in an article somewhere that you meet kreia about the Ebon Hawk (or wherever you start). If she's there from the beginning couldn't it be that she filled you in? Afterall, if you were in exile, you wouldn't know that the Republic was in turmoil- might not even care- so that would mean that somebody would have to come and get you- and would therefore fill you in. Possibly Kreia, I dunno.

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

I don't think we'll be hearing sound bites from Revan. He (she?) always struck me as the quiet type (even though there were reams of scripted lines that we chose, we never hear a word). Most likely it'll be a kind of monologue with him (her?) nodding or shaking his head a lot. <_<

As an aside, I'm thinking they'll turn Revan (and possibly Bastila if she made it) into a secret Mega Boss. The kind that makes the end boss look like the first grunt you toast in beginning of the game. Not sure how it would work for KotOR:Light to KotOR2:Light or Light to Dark, but the other combinations have possibilities.

Here's something to think about: Since all of NPC conversations are voice acted, if Revan does make a cameo as an NPC, I wonder if we are going to hear his/her voice for the first time.

"damn taht's not revan my revan sounded cool liek darth maul"

Your character does talk. He/she says 'That hurt I bet!' or 'That must have hurt!' (depending on your gender) when you land a critical hit.

Their reason for thus not recording Revan's lines might just come down to being cheap, since all-told a speaking Revan would have had more voice-acted lines than any other character in the game by a wide margin.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

If Revan does appear, obsidian are going to have to be very clever about it cos they could upset a lot of people.

Personally i think it would be safer for them if they don't show him.

As far as him being the end boss, it could work except for if u choose the ls ending from the first game and go ls, you would have no reason to fight him, unless he fall to the DS again but almost everyone seems to be against this.

DS + DS - u fight to become the next Dark Lord of the Sith

DS + LS - u fight to defeat the current Dark Lord of the Sith (Revan)

LS + DS - Revan tries to stop u becoming the Dark Lord of the Sith

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

But thats all speculation, as i have already said it would be easier if he is not seen.

But thats all speculation, as i have already said it would be easier if he is not seen.

He will be seen. He has a "role" that is not know yet, and you cant realy have a role in a couple cameos

Just because he has a role dosnt mean he WILL be seen, we could just learn of his fate

He will be seen. He has a "role" that is not know yet, and you cant realy have a role in a couple cameos

Sure you can. In fact, you can have a role and never even be seen; think Juhani's Master Quatra, who never shows up in-game but still sets in motion Juhani's temporary fall to the Dark Side.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Sure you can. In fact, you can have a role and never even be seen; think Juhani's Master Quatra, who never shows up in-game but still sets in motion Juhani's temporary fall to the Dark Side.

She wasnt anywhere NEAR as important as Revan

It is quite possible that he/she could manipulate events from the sidelides without being seen. :ph34r:

It is quite possible that he/she could manipulate events from the sidelides without being seen. :ph34r:

that is not very likely,

my freakishly evil master

that is not very likely,

my freakishly evil master

Well not if he is LS but i think it is quite likely if he is DS.

i have 2 ideas. the first is what will happen if we see revan. its the first time ur attacked by darth sion, ur losing badly and two mysterious figures in jedi robes come from the shadows. they join the fight and use force push on u and throw u across the room. they then fight sion and scare him away. they walk over to u and one of them lowers her hood underneath it is bastilla, she then tells u that revan and her have been following u to make sure u dont die because they need ur help in destryoing the sith (im goin with the kotor lightside ending if u hadnt noticed). then ur convo is cut short when (im assuming the first time u meet sion is on that republic capitol ship) someone start s shooting the ship. u run to the ebon hawk and once u are in hyperspace bastilla explains that she and revan were attacked by all three ot the sith lords and revans face awas badly damaged and he takes off his hood and he is wearing a mask to conceal his face. bastilla explains that he felt he should wear the mask because he would scare people more if they saw his face when he tried rescuing them or w/e other jedi stuff he does. they then join ur party.

this theory is about how u know what happens. when u awake on pereagrus u talk to kriea she agrees to reconnect u to the force and when u 2 are meditating u have a vision of revan the hero and revan the sith lord. u tell kreia of this and she asks which u believe is the real revan.

so what do u think?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

i have 2 ideas. the first is what will happen if we see revan.  its the first time ur attacked by darth sion,  ur losing badly and two mysterious figures in jedi robes come from the shadows.  they join the fight and use force push on u and throw u across the room.  they then fight sion and scare him away.  they walk over to u and one of them lowers her hood underneath it is bastilla, she then tells u that revan and her have been following u to make sure u dont die because they need ur help in destryoing the sith (im goin with the kotor lightside ending if u hadnt noticed). then ur convo is cut short when (im assuming the first time u meet sion is on that republic capitol ship) someone start s shooting the ship.  u run to the ebon hawk and once u are in hyperspace bastilla explains that she and revan were attacked by all three ot the sith lords and revans face awas badly damaged and he takes off his hood and he is wearing a mask to conceal his face.  bastilla explains that he felt he should wear the mask because he would scare people more if they saw his face when he tried rescuing them or w/e other jedi stuff he does.  they then join ur party.   

this theory is about how u know what happens. when u awake on pereagrus u talk to kriea she agrees to reconnect u to the force and when u 2 are meditating u have a vision of revan the hero and revan the sith lord.  u tell kreia of this and she asks which u believe is the real revan. 

so what do u think?

1st theory. Not bad i had the same idea about revan saving u from Sion the first time u meet him too but i doubt they will join ur group.

As for the second theory i thought it was Atton Rand who questions u about the events of K1.

u see i wasnt sure about who it was ive always just heard someone in the beginnning and i heard u wake up and kriea is in the room with u so i assumed it was her

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I read that it was atton rand in a preview in PC Gamer.

Its possible its a cobination of the two. Otherwise it would be really obvious.

It also said she was the first person u met, Atton Rand is second.