Interplay down - Obsidian act now!

Bobbin

This is from Damon Vergilio:

"Anything is on the chopping block to save the company. Herve [Herve Caen, Interplay's CEO] said he expects to announce something within the next couple days that will be enough of a boost to bring us back in. When it gets this dire, everything is up for grabs."

They are desperate, use their weakness (every dark jedi would do :huh:) and get the Fallout franchise now. You know you want it :)

And if you don't have the funds to buy it (I can imagine it being quite expensive), try to get it together with Silver Style Entertainment. Together you could make a great game!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

FO3 is a very anticipated projet. after BA's closure there was a very enraged internet population that happened to be much bigger than the original developers could have imagined. Until people started getting antsy about the creation of a new sequel to the Follout series, it was only thought to be a little cult of people who dreampt of a new fallout. After the "we want fallout 3" petition was created it is obvious that the small cult of fans was only the tip of the iceburg. If FO3 were to be produced, it would be successful, no doubt.

I know Obsidian has another idea they'd like to develop as their next project. However, if the FO license was feasible, I'd really like to see that project get bumped back. I want to see Obsidian do a new IP, don't get me wrong. But jump on FO if you can, and do the new IP after that.

Too many chefs can be bad.

You need one chief designer. I don't think Troika is a bad company despite people knocking on them constantly. I think they can do a decent Fallout.

But I'd much rather see MCA as lead on FO3.

Guest Surlent

^-- Hades is probably right. Besides I'd expect Obsidian and its talented people

to do original fresh new games, since Fallout and other BIS products are a good proof that

they are capable to do that.

And not sequels one after another.

KotR2 serves an exception and a good start for a new company however.

how bout revive the old game that interplay made a while ago which i still play everyday....Starfleet Command. cmon, with all the cash youll make from kotor2, you could surely buy the star trek license! make SFC4, cause activision seems to care less about it and the whole star trek license!

^-- Hades is probably right. Besides I'd expect Obsidian and its talented people

to do original fresh new games, since Fallout and other BIS products are a good proof that

Can't they just finish BG3: TBH? :p

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Can't they just finish BG3: TBH? :)

No.

It's not possible.

Give it up.

It seems that there are quite a few pesimists out there. You guys are making it seem as if Interplay is jealously hoarding the FO liscence, and that to buy it would cost an arm, a leg, and a pint of virgin blood. Look at this article that came out a couple months ago on gamespot.com

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/15/news_6093628.html

Notice that Herve Caen, Interplay's CEO states that Interplay will probably try and have an outside company work on it. Because several of the origional developers are working for Obsidian now, it would not surprise me if they were one of Interplays top choices.

It seems that there are quite a few pesimists out there. You guys are making it seem as if Interplay is jealously hoarding the FO liscence, and that to buy it would cost an arm, a leg, and a pint of virgin blood. Look at this article that came out a couple months ago on gamespot.com

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/15/news_6093628.html

Notice that Herve Caen, Interplay's CEO states that Interplay will probably try and have an outside company work on it. Because several of the origional developers are working for Obsidian now, it would not surprise me if they were one of Interplays top choices.

This is the post i wanted to quote, not yours Iolo, sorry :unsure: