Funny Stuff: Which website did Chewbacca get arrested for creating? Wookieleaks!

Raithe

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

azox2k9oggea1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

On 1/24/2023 at 1:50 AM, Raithe said:

305c05b9c6de533b030882778c7050f9566683ae

50 years ago

RIAN_archive_61150_Great_Patriotic_War.j

• Haha 3

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I don't know if it's available through all employers here, but we get healthcare allowance here so that gym memberships and similar things that gives you exercise or "wellbeing" are free/cheap. Unfortunately it also gives alot of quacks leeway, and it doesn't include airsoft. Because my employers are Knobgoblins like that.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

14 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

I don't know if it's available through all employers here, but we get healthcare allowance here so that gym memberships and similar things that gives you exercise or "wellbeing" are free/cheap. Unfortunately it also gives alot of quacks leeway, and it doesn't include airsoft. Because my employers are Knobgoblins like that.

Pff price of gym is not the problem for me.. its me going there to lift stuff which I have problem with. I mean I am not against physical activity per say. its just repetetive tasks without end goal are driving me nuts

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

55 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

Pff price of gym is not the problem for me.. its me going there to lift stuff which I have problem with. I mean I am not against physical activity per say. its just repetetive tasks without end goal are driving me nuts

I'm exactly the same, hence my annoyance that they won't let us use the money for airsoft or paintball.

And it doesn't help at all that I used to lift stuff for hours on end as a job.

But swole is the goal and size is the prize

Just don't skip leg day
Leg-Day-STACK-.jpg

Says the guy that goes to the gym all the time but never actually lifts any weights. I just play basketball and do body weight exercises. 

Edited by ShadySands
  • Haha 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

1 hour ago, Chilloutman said:

That's why Crossfit and gyms like F45 are so popular. They provide the plans and the goals, and even gamify the process quite a bit. Granted they are stupid expensive because of it. Also Crossfit can be super risky, since they focus on speed and reps over form. 

I'm terrible at getting in gym work, but I know it helps to have a workout group that you regularly interact with. Most gyms also have classes, I think. I've done a few HIT classes at my gym, and those are fun.

edit: I know we are all anti-social here, but you can probably find at least one workout buddy. :p

Edited by Hurlshort
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

But swole is the goal and size is the prize

Just don't skip leg day
Leg-Day-STACK-.jpg

Says the guy that goes to the gym all the time but never actually lifts any weights. I just play basketball and do body weight exercises. 

My bodyshape is practically the reverse of that. More like a cyclist or such, I was never ever able to build bodymass above the waist even when training professionally in my teens.

12 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

That's why Crossfit and gyms like F45 are so popular. They provide the plans and the goals, and even gamify the process quite a bit. Granted they are stupid expensive because of it. Also Crossfit can be super risky, since they focus on speed and reps over form. 

I'm terrible at getting in gym work, but I know it helps to have a workout group that you regularly interact with. Most gyms also have classes, I think. I've done a few HIT classes at my gym, and those are fun.

edit: I know we are all anti-social here, but you can probably find at least one workout buddy. :p

Running around in the woods with an AK-74 clone airsoft rifle is much more fun :p Until all the **** with Ghille suits and sniper rifles show up.

• Like 1

England... 😁

• Haha 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• Haha 3