Official KOTOR: AE FAQ

mgnails

The way some people talk no, I dont think some of you do. Most of you act like and talk like you think you know what you are talking about but dont really seem to. but I don't doubt there are people on this forum who understand the game's structure.

I'm just messing around with partyselection.gui. Trying to toy with it to see if I find the locks on a few things. I know adding party members is possible, to have more than 9. That I can tell MUST be possible without coding. Right now im trying to figure out how to get rid of the lock that limits you to 2 party members at a time.

Why, did you think I knew how to gui edit using the gff editor? Its very difficult to do.

I cannot confirm or deny whether or not you know how to ".gui edit using the gff editor" to use your own words. The only thing I want to draw you attention on is that editing the gui screen and adding new npcs are two different things. You cannot add new npcs: this part is hardcoded.

Just a quick question. If you had the option in a DS plot, would you want to have all Dark Lords in your party? Or would you want maybe one or two dark jedi and the rest be mercenaries like maybe an ancestor of Boba Fett or something. Maybe a Mandalorian mercenary and HK-47. If you wanted an all Dark Lord crew, who would you want in it? If you had a few dark jedi and some mercs then who would they be? Need suggestions because we don't have a storyline for the DS plot and you will have the option of going DS very very early in the game as to be able to play as a Dark Lord throughout the game and so it will also add replayability. Ideas forparty members anyone? :lol:

Just a quick question. If you had the option in a DS plot, would you want to have all Dark Lords in your party? Or would you want maybe one or two dark jedi and the rest be mercenaries like maybe an ancestor of Boba Fett or something. Maybe a Mandalorian mercenary and HK-47. If you wanted an all Dark Lord crew, who would you want in it? If you had a few dark jedi and some mercs then who would they be? Need suggestions because we don't have a storyline for the DS plot and you will have the option of going DS very very early in the game as to be able to play as a Dark Lord throughout the game and so it will also add replayability. Ideas forparty members anyone? :lol:

Skepticisism aside, please do NOT have "ancestors" of famous or known Star Wars characters show up in your game. I don't want to see Han Solo's great, great, great (to whatever exponent) grandfather in there, called Ran Solo. I don't want to see Jebediah Skywalker. I don't want to see Dodo Fett.

Make all new characters. It saves you having to worry about people being upset if you didn't capture what THEY believe these "ancestors" would be like. It also doesn't screw up any continuity issues.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Just a quick question.  If you had the option in a DS plot, would you want to have all Dark Lords in your party? Or would you want maybe one or two dark jedi and the rest be mercenaries like maybe an ancestor of Boba Fett or something.  Maybe a Mandalorian mercenary and HK-47. If you wanted an all Dark Lord crew, who would you want in it? If you had a few dark jedi and some mercs then who would they be? Need suggestions because we don't have a storyline for the DS plot and you will have the option of going DS very very early in the game as to be able to play as a Dark Lord throughout the game and so it will also add replayability.  Ideas forparty members anyone? :lol:

Skepticisism aside, please do NOT have "ancestors" of famous or known Star Wars characters show up in your game. I don't want to see Han Solo's great, great, great (to whatever exponent) grandfather in there, called Ran Solo. I don't want to see Jebediah Skywalker. I don't want to see Dodo Fett.

Make all new characters. It saves you having to worry about people being upset if you didn't capture what THEY believe these "ancestors" would be like. It also doesn't screw up any continuity issues.

but Dodo Fett is my hero.....

Just a quick question.  If you had the option in a DS plot, would you want to have all Dark Lords in your party? Or would you want maybe one or two dark jedi and the rest be mercenaries like maybe an ancestor of Boba Fett or something.  Maybe a Mandalorian mercenary and HK-47. If you wanted an all Dark Lord crew, who would you want in it? If you had a few dark jedi and some mercs then who would they be? Need suggestions because we don't have a storyline for the DS plot and you will have the option of going DS very very early in the game as to be able to play as a Dark Lord throughout the game and so it will also add replayability.  Ideas forparty members anyone? :(

s***, there goes Yodarn. :lol:

LOL, I think Raven was kidding. Anyways, I don't like ancestors or people who don't belong in the timeline there because it just doesn't make sense. I just mentioned ancestors because many want to have epic battles with darth vader and the emperor mods for kotor and it just don't make sense! :lol: Ancestors arent as bad but still are bad because they come up with some wierd. And I wasnt going to have Ran Solo or anything like that. I would just simply copy off of Hardware Wars.

Obi-Wan-Kenobi to Auggie-Ben-Doggie

Luke Skywalker to Fluke Starbucker

Han Solo to Ham Salad

Chewbacca to the Cookie Monster

Leia to Princess Ann-Droid (with pastries as hair buns)

Darth Vader to Darph Nader

R2-D2 to a Vacuum Cleaner

ECT ECT

That being said we WILL make new characters for that except for the Spirit of Exar Kun and maybe Marka Ragno's Spirit.

I see it to be this as a good way for party members for a DS plot

HK-47

Canderous

Spirit of Exar Kun

Spirit of Marka Ragnos (maybe someone like Yuthura or something he posessed)

Somepowerful dark lord

and I cant think of any more. Heh, Carth goes DS in this so maybe he could join you as a loyal follower/servant/punching bag instead of an arrogant and obnoxious whiner.

Anyways...............We are thinking of replacing the ebon hawk with a better ship because it seems many dislike the ebon hawk. We were thinking of a bigger maybe two story ship, more room, doors, not so much of a brig/detention block look to it, more luxiorious possibly. Would any of you want to keep the Ebon Hawk? Or would you want to fly first class in a bigger ship (not battlecruiser sized though after about two worlds you get the option of flying a sith battle cruiser.

How bout the prequel eagle, naah, the Canadian George, no, the Flaming fireball o doom thing duck like freaky bird, no, Episode 2: The lack of common sense, already taken, hmmmmmmmm, how bout, the Lucas mobile

J/K

How bout the titan, hmmmm, there are alot of ships out there named that. hmmmm, perhaps the star glider, or the tempest

Anyways...............We are thinking of replacing the ebon hawk with a better ship because it seems many dislike the ebon hawk. We were thinking of a bigger maybe two story ship, more room, doors, not so much of a brig/detention block look to it, more luxiorious possibly. Would any of you want to keep the Ebon Hawk? Or would you want to fly first class in a bigger ship (not battlecruiser sized though after about two worlds you get the option of flying a sith battle cruiser.

Have you ever given a second thaught on what is possible/necessary to implement before starting working on it? There's alot of nice ideas, but you should sit down and think of what achievable or not.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy