Ukraine Conflict - "History never looks like history when you are living through it."

Mamoulian War

We just need to evolve warfare to be like the Clans in BT.

Edited by Malcador
  • Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

I have interest in all countries advanced weapons systems but shooting at air is easy and Id just like to see unvarnished performance tests between these systems and targets that have the capabilities to defend themselves.

I'm afraid that if that happens we won't be looking at their performance on our screen, but in real life. I'm content to wait for them to become old tech and some other unfortunate country to use them. But seeing how things are going, it's not looking too optimistic.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

2 hours ago, kanisatha said:

What about all those discs and triangles and orbs so many people keep insisting they've seen in the sky ever since 1947? They all seem to be working just fine, right? So let's see how they do against the Ruskies and the Chicoms! ;)

Personally though, as a former aerospace engineer, I really want to see the Mach 5 replacement for the SR-71 in action. Is that so much to ask for?

Kanie so you a space person which means I am going to ask you the question that everyone on this forum wants to know .....

Are aliens real and if so do they believe in colonialism  and CRT 👽

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Kanie so you a space person which means I am going to ask you the question that everyone on this forum wants to know .....

Are aliens real and if so do they believe in colonialism  and CRT 👽

Hehe.

All I'll say is this: Based on the Drake Equation and the number of Goldilocks exoplanets we've already been able to identify, the statistical odds that we would be alone in the universe are ridiculously improbably low. But given the vastness of the universe, there's a huge difference between intelligent alien life existing out there versus intelligent alien life visiting earth.

Beyond this I'd be willing to go only after I retire in about five years from now or space aliens reveal themselves to us, whichever comes first. ;)

Edited by kanisatha
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Hehe.

All I'll say is this: Based on the Drake Equation and the number of Goldilocks exoplanets we've already been able to identify, the statistical odds that we would be alone in the universe are ridiculously improbably low. But given the vastness of the universe, there's a huge difference between intelligent alien life existing out there versus intelligent alien life visiting earth.

Beyond this I'd be willing to go only after I retire in about five years from now or space aliens reveal themselves to us, whichever comes first. ;)

You clever people, of course illegal aliens are real, everyone knows this ....stop trying to fool us ;)

Most of the men  in both my UK  and SA family are committed atheists\agnostics and my dad doesnt believe in anything unless science can prove it and what science cant prove he says one day they will. So their is no room in his world view for ghosts, faeries and supernatural events

But my parents were divorced and my mom raised us and my mom was more " well maybe aliens exist, you never know " 

My dad had this bad habit of using extreme logic and investment banker thinking to dismiss things we use to ask him and I remember asking him questions like " how do you know aliens arent  true, what about all these sightings " 

And he would respond with something like " why would an intelligent form of life capable of traveling and somehow bypassing the known laws of light and speed come to our planet and only appear in front of Farmer Joe in his corn field in Wyoming ....do you know how ridiculous that sounds " :grin:

My dads never really understood or appreciated  fantasy 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

21 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Well I guess, if you squint real hard, Turkey is compromising the future security of the EU by blocking new members. Ah who am I kidding, after viewing the Russian performance of their personnel and equipment they are clearly a 2nd-3rd tier military and the EU would smack them up good. Theyre lucky they have nukes. China is the only legitimate threat to the US and Im not 100% convinced they arent a paper tiger too.

I would not be so sure about the status of Chinese army, some analysts are saying, that the worst mistakes of the west in the last decades, was overestimation of Russian army, and underestimation of Chinese army. :shrugz:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

• Gorth locked this topic

More war this way...

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein