Qatar 2022 - The Thread!

Katphood

42 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

Despite holding a British passport I shall be vehemently allez-ing for les bleus. Good lord the English supporters would be obnoxious if they won; at least everyone else would be obnoxious in a language I can pretend to not understand.

26 minutes ago, Malcador said:

They should be permabanned once they confess.

But dont you guys watch the  Premier  League, isnt that like  supporting England anyway?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/ivana-knoll-world-cup-qatar-28588730#amp-readmore-target

Outrageous story, such beauty that the former Miss Croatia possesses CANNOT be curtailed by the Qatar morality police 🥰

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Some significant games coming up. Im supporting Croatia, Brazil, Spain and Portugal

I would love to see Brazil vs England final  ⚽

John Milton 

9 hours ago, BruceVC said:

But dont you guys watch the  Premier  League, isnt that like  supporting England anyway?

Well, merely watching it doesn't mean you have to support the host nation, supporting a club there, hm, maybe. I've never felt any compunction to support England just because Walcott was on the side.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/05/fox-sports-us-world-cup-coverage-tv-soccer

Canadian coverage isn't much better.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, get to watch Son Heung-min cry some more tonight.

edit : Commenter on TV moaning about the Brazilians dancing celebrations being unsportsmanlike

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

11 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Croatia continues its tradition of winning on PKs.

Croatia, Uruguay and Portugal tend to punch seriously above their weight. Uruguay of course made an exception this time. Also, Switzerland are surprisingly good in the "we're always there" category. In the five EC/WC competitions since 2014, only two countries have always advanced from their group, and they're France and Switzerland.

Edited by xzar_monty

Spain - Morocco is soporific.  Should have expected that.

Spain and Japan need to train on how to take penalties.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Morocco's supportes are very unsporting and thus really quite annoying,

What, the whistling they do ? I've seen endless people bitch about that for some reason. 

I've found the Senegalese fans the best so far, in terms of support.

Santos takes off Ronaldo and Portugal plays a good game for the first time in years. Also his replacement scores a hat trick. Could not be better. 

• Hmmm 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

At least Serbia would have given us some red cards.

• Haha 1

Just now, Sarex said:

If nothing else we got a ton of memes from our team.

Care to share any? The in-jokes, of course, may be difficult...

I wonder if that guy Goncalo Ramos suddenly finds himself in high demand. It has been said that clubs have learned their lesson and that there will never be any more Salif Diaos and El-Hadji Dioufs in the transfer market (as far as prices go), but I don't believe that.

8 minutes ago, Sarex said:

If nothing else we got a ton of memes from our team.

They certainly defend like my FM team. 😛

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

I wonder if that guy Goncalo Ramos suddenly finds himself in high demand. It has been said that clubs have learned their lesson and that there will never be any more Salif Diaos and El-Hadji Dioufs in the transfer market (as far as prices go), but I don't believe that.

They are in Serbian and a lot of them would not be suitable for this forum.

But here are a couple:

Top is a cashier asking the Serbian coach if he is collecting points (here there are usually some points that you can collect in the supermarket with a purchase). Bottom he answers no.

01r5a2oeto3a1.jpg

jgklwr98f74a1.jpg

Top one is an average football formation, bottom one is ours.

hUAwjpc8H4xP22EdrQTaNL9X5zxHv449E2H1pPC4

The face of our coach as he is fulfilling his pre cup promises.

399wuzndvj3a1.jpg

When Brazil was playing Switzerland.

x9cqba2jjq2a1.jpg

• Haha 3

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

22 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Gonçalo Ramos has a lot of potential. He is not the next Haaland, but at the very least he is the next André Silva. Certainly better than Diouf. 

Anyway he was already valued at 30m. Not exactly chump change. 

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Okay so we getting to the end of the prestigious 2022 WC

These are predictions for who I want to win over the next few games and its all based around England winning the WC, and the teams they need to face, and playing Brazil in the final

• Brazil vs Croatia : Brazil wins
  • Netherlands vs Argentina: Netherlands wins
  • Morocco vs Portugal: Morocco wins (its unlikely but they will be easier to beat than Portugal )
  • England vs France : England wins

Saturday England vs France is going to be epic, I like France but England needs to win because France won the last WC and everyone prefers a good old English Breakfast than a French croissant 🍳

John Milton 

Bad Brazilian defense when 1-0 up in ET.  Watch them lose this shootout :lol: