What are you Playing Now? No really, tell us more...

Wormerine

Just finished the Platinum Run of Super Neptunia RPG on my PS4, which became my fastest Platinum Trophy so far (4 days and 17 hours). It really helped, that we had state holidays and the weather was awful and my wife was at work 😄 .

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Finished Yakuza: Like a Dragon. I think it is my 2nd favourite in the series so far, even though I rather disliked the combat. Combat’s only saving grace is presentation and trademark Yakuza wackiness, though once I got to the bit where I had to grind I lost any patience I had for it. I also found the fan service near the end of the game to be much too heavy handed. 

I like Ichi as protagonist. He fits both melodramatic and silly parts of Yakuza. Having a party of characters is a nice change. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Finished Yakuza: Like a Dragon. I think it is my 2nd favourite in the series so far, even though I rather disliked the combat. Combat’s only saving grace is presentation and trademark Yakuza wackiness, though once I got to the bit where I had to grind I lost any patience I had for it. I also found the fan service near the end of the game to be much too heavy handed. 

I like Ichi as protagonist. He fits both melodramatic and silly parts of Yakuza. Having a party of characters is a nice change. 

What is your favourite Yakuza game?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I put 7 hours into Maneater.

It's genuinely fun. But I realized 7 hours in that I'd seen all the variety the game had to offer, despite being only halfway into the story. I guess it's one of those wide and shallow type open world games.

So back to Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing D3, have to love the scaling of the higher GRs.  Hit a mob for 2.3 trillion damage, took another 3 hits to kill him. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I finished the DLC for The Outer Worlds recently. Objectively I'd have to say that they still had the same problems that the base game had- generic mobs, generic combat, generic loot, generic (albeit themed) locations- they did feel a lot better subjectively, and they certainly didn't skimp on content. OTOH, it had the same problem PoE2 DLC had; you hit the level cap way too early and while their plots are pretty good if you want to finish the main game there's a lot of, especially in TOW, generic endgame  stuff to wade through without even the promise of going up any levels to liven it up. Still, the game has a lot of potential for improvement but the basics are there, so if they can carry and enhance the level of improvements from the dlc through to the sequel they should end up with a very good game.

Edited by Zoraptor

2 hours ago, Theonlygarby said:

Mount and blade bannerlord.  I pretty much only get kills when they start to retreat and I can run them down with my horse(and they can't fight back).  It's fun, but also I feel like I'm wasting my time

I wonder how close they are to 'feature complete' they are in the game? I bought it and there was very little, then I loaded it up a few months ago and there was a pretty decent storyline to follow. 

I also started to win arena battles.

Just finished up Guardians of the Galaxy on the series X for the first time and really liked it.  I feel like the studio did the right thing and focused on the story with Uncharted style gameplay and that was a good mix overall.  Very solid fun experience.  Also playing Grim Dawn on the series X and almost through AOM on the elite playthrough and really having a great time.  Just love the game and the transition to console has been great.

Started Crosscode over on the switch due to not having played in a long time and not knowing that was going on in game about 20 hours into it.  Don't mind though as it's a really fun game with cool concept for the story.  I just have the original V1 of the switch and not bothering to upgrade due to having a Steam Deck on preorder, and will more than likely only use it for exclusives moving forward.  Just rumbling through the backlog now.

17 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

I wonder how close they are to 'feature complete' they are in the game? I bought it and there was very little, then I loaded it up a few months ago and there was a pretty decent storyline to follow. 

I also started to win arena battles.

It feels pretty complete now?  Though my experience with the first one is limited so I'm not completely sure.  I think the modding community hasn't had a lot of support yet?  Which is a shame because mods can really transform it from a decent game to a good game.

1 hour ago, Theonlygarby said:

It feels pretty complete now?  Though my experience with the first one is limited so I'm not completely sure.  I think the modding community hasn't had a lot of support yet?  Which is a shame because mods can really transform it from a decent game to a good game.

It is still in beta, and seems to have another year or so of development time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hurlsnot said:

It is still in beta, and seems to have another year or so of development time.

It seems to have everything the first one had(aside from mods) they added some cool stuff since the last time I played... now at the start of a battle you can place troops, that was a nice change

• Like 1

First impressions of Expeditions: Rome are rather meh.

They try hard to get the historic details right. Which makes the English accents rather cringy. Especially on whiney teenager Julius Caesar sending you on a fetch quest.

I'll also have to reread line of sight rules, as enemy archers don't seem to have other characters block their LOS, while my archer gets blocked by the mere idea there could be someone blocking LOS eventually. It must be a alternate reality quantum LOS block.

EDIT:

I read the tutorial for LOS fine. IT just turns out the information given is wrong. They claim characters block line of sight and an unobstructed line of sight is required to shoot someone, but that is not actually how archery works according to the devs on the Steam forum. I tried to comment that they may want to change that tutorial pop-up, so players don't feel they are given wrong information, but the steam forum for Expeditions: Rome is restricted in posting. Seems I'd have to pre-order to post the comment, then refund the pre-order. I think I'll just choose to ignore the game.

Changes since Viking: no time limit in the game.

Not changed: ranged combat is overpowered.

I loved Conquistadors. I felt Vikings did a lot of things wrong and ultimately did not finish it. An hour of playing the Rome demo and I know I'm unlikely to even buy it on sale.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'd like to like Rome. The premise that creates an alternate history is interesting.

I'm certain others will enjoy the game.

But I'm done giving Devs the benefit of the doubt when they haven't earned it, instead do more crap. Giving wrong information in the tutorial tips takes bad tutorials to a whole new level.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Done D3 for the season, unless friends want to play, as repeatedly doing mind numbing tasks in the hopes of getting something worthwhile is too much like my day to day job.   GR 111 is a good place to end though, I'm only 39 levels behind the top people.

Did get a great GR 90 map, beat it in 90 seconds, ideal number of champions and pylons.   Sadly nothing.  I do enjoy Blizzard's RNG when it comes to Primals, the first one you get for free at GR70 is always useless, seems a lot of the other ones are as well. 

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

17 hours ago, melkathi said:

First impressions of Expeditions: Rome are rather meh.

They try hard to get the historic details right. Which makes the English accents rather cringy. Especially on whiney teenager Julius Caesar sending you on a fetch quest.

I'll also have to reread line of sight rules, as enemy archers don't seem to have other characters block their LOS, while my archer gets blocked by the mere idea there could be someone blocking LOS eventually. It must be a alternate reality quantum LOS block.

EDIT:

I read the tutorial for LOS fine. IT just turns out the information given is wrong. They claim characters block line of sight and an unobstructed line of sight is required to shoot someone, but that is not actually how archery works according to the devs on the Steam forum. I tried to comment that they may want to change that tutorial pop-up, so players don't feel they are given wrong information, but the steam forum for Expeditions: Rome is restricted in posting. Seems I'd have to pre-order to post the comment, then refund the pre-order. I think I'll just choose to ignore the game.

Changes since Viking: no time limit in the game.

Not changed: ranged combat is overpowered.

I loved Conquistadors. I felt Vikings did a lot of things wrong and ultimately did not finish it. An hour of playing the Rome demo and I know I'm unlikely to even buy it on sale.

Melkie  didn't you appreciate the historic realism of AC Odyssey and how they accurately  recreated Ancient Greece?

My question has nothing to do with your current post but I always meant to ask you but I kept forgetting, I am interested in your view as a  Greek citizen and what you think about the overall job Ubisoft does in creating their various gameworlds ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, melkathi said:

I never actually played that.

I appreciated Troy Total War. But I generally never liked AC games. Not my genre.

Well the AC games do have an entirely different mode now. I'm not sure how enjoyable it is, but I like the investment in a historical exploration mode: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/assassins-creed-odyssey/article/accessing-discovery-tour-ancient-greece/000065793

• Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

31 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

Well the AC games do have an entirely different mode now. I'm not sure how enjoyable it is, but I like the investment in a historical exploration mode: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/assassins-creed-odyssey/article/accessing-discovery-tour-ancient-greece/000065793

@melkathi

Whatever you decide dont play that mode, its boring and pointless. If you cant kill civilians  and enemies whats the point of playing any Ubisoft game. Play the game like its suppose to be played :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

26 minutes ago, melkathi said:

I got a free pass for all archaeological sites in Greece. I think should I feel the need I'll take a non-virtual stroll.

But the obvious difference and benefit of Odyssey is this is an active  experience and all the sights are living, for example you cant fight the minotaur in RL...you know you cant Melkie :sorcerer:

John Milton 

43 minutes ago, melkathi said:

I got a free pass for all archaeological sites in Greece. I think should I feel the need I'll take a non-virtual stroll.

They don't charge for those?

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

They don't charge for those?

They do. But as a man of culture (archaeologists, educators, architects... dunno who else) I can apply for a free pass. So until June 2024 I am covered. Then I'll have to see if they let me get a new one.

They used to not charge any Greek citizens on reason that people have a right to their cultural heritage. But they changed that because it apparently wasn't an economically viable policy (read: if you give people services for their tax money, what money will you squander on your party friends?)

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 2