The Switch Thread

Keyrock

44 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

At least it wasn't stolen? In the states, you would have to specifically get signed/verified delivery (i.e. face-to-face, make sure you're actually home) for them to bother with that, otherwise they just drop it on your front porch or whatever and you hope somebody doesn't take it, particularly if you have no idea if something was delivered and you only check hours later. Usually you only get that service for extra money or on high value items.

What the... but yeah, at least it wasn't just dropped in front of the door, although with my neighbors here being who they are, I'd have my controller now. :p

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Delivery guys and gals generally just put the package in front of my door. Luckily, none of my neighbors are thieves so it's never been an issue. Back when I drove over the road I had packages sit in front of my door for several days and no one stole them.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, I've been lucky to have avoided porch pirates so far despite dozens, probably hundreds of deliveries having been left at the front door - all day on occasion. Not that it didn't make me nervous, particularly when a couple of times it was for parts worth several hundred dollars.

Probably even less risk now though as I have a new neighbour, an old retired guy, who spends all day tinkering in his garage with direct line of sight to my door.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

• 8 months later...

Leaked specs for the Switch 2, or whatever it is going to be called, look really interesting. Might turn out to be a handheld with PS5 level of performance.

If it's downward compatible with my old Switch games I might even pre-order. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

They better call it the Super Nintendo Switch (SNS).

• Haha 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

5 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

They better call it the Super Nintendo Switch (SNS).

I propose they go the Teen Wolf route and call it Switch Too.

I'll probably cave and buy it eventually because Nintendo always has a handful of truly great exclusives, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"Switch Too" sounds like an alarmingly similar innovation to "Wii U"...kiiind of thinking they're not going to tempt fate with that one. At least the Super Nintendo was successful, though it was obviously forever ago and marketing has hugely changed since then.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

On 9/9/2023 at 1:43 PM, Bartimaeus said:

"Switch Too" sounds like an alarmingly similar innovation to "Wii U"...kiiind of thinking they're not going to tempt fate with that one. At least the Super Nintendo was successful, though it was obviously forever ago and marketing has hugely changed since then.

While I think Super Nintendo Switch is the best name and something that'd bank on the popularity of the Switch and nostalgia, I think Nintendo doing something very left field like Switchcube would be pretty funny.

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

7 minutes ago, majestic said:

Virtual Boyswitch?

I'm pretty sure that's the sequel to Trap Shrine.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands