Would you rather have challenging

Would you want obsidian to take the time out of their schedule to make combat more challenging?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want obsidian to take the time out of their schedule to make combat more challenging?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

So I guess everyone pretty much thought that KOTOR was too easy combat wise. But to finally settle the REAL question which is would you rather have a game maker spend alot of time to make combat more challenging or would you rather they keep combat easy and focus on the more important stuff like storyline and such. I don't know this, But I think it took Bioware 3 years to make KOTOR because they spent alot of time on the engines......combat being one of them. :unsure: I would vote no because RPG's are interation games at which storyline and such matter alot more than combat. FPS style should be the challenging ones in the way of combat because basically, the FPS style game is ALL combat. :ph34r:

Story. The combat might be salvageable, but I don't want it saved at the expense of story.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I want shorter combat, so I don't have to look at a bunch of dorks standing in one place shooting lasers at each other for 5 minutes.

Just get proper balance in the gameplay, making everyone happy no matter how good or bad the player is.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You really think this is an all or nothing feature? It is very easy to make combat challenging. It is not like adding a z-axis or something. The ease of combat in KOTOR had nothing to do with the ENGINE (no S) though it isn't the best engine for combat in the world it can do the job fine. It was a combination of fights being made deliberately less challenging for more casual players and not enough balancing done by the developers. Of course if we had to choose between combat or story we'd rather have story. Luckily this isn't a one or the other deal. It's very possible to have both.

You really think this is an all or nothing feature? It is very easy to make combat challenging. It is not like adding a z-axis or something. The ease of combat in KOTOR had nothing to do with the ENGINE (no S) though it isn't the best engine for combat in the world it can do the job fine. It was a combination of fights being made deliberately less challenging for more casual players and not enough balancing done by the developers. Of course if we had to choose between combat or story we'd rather have story. Luckily this isn't a one or the other deal. It's very possible to have both.

Well said.

Though I hope they up the AI a little bit.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

They're in the implementation phase; it's sort of a given that they've already written out the story.

"Okay guys, start coding and modeling!"

"What?"

"Umm

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I really liked Jedi Power Battles...coop SW game...I wish Lucas Arts would have an Episode II game almost like LOTR Return of the King game EA put out. Maybe be able to pick from Anakin,Obi Wan, Mace, Yoda, Plo, Ki-Adi...just a thought but I know I'm dreaming <_<