I always wondered why the enemy ships flew by the turret. They could have just stayed on the side of the ship with no turret and blown it to bits. (that's why a turret on both sides would be good) :rolleyes:

That just wouldn't be fun. The sith like to be more sporting thatn that.

I always wondered why the enemy ships flew by the turret. They could have just stayed on the side of the ship with no turret and blown it to bits. (that's why a turret on both sides would be good) :rolleyes:

Because all the pilot would have to do is rotate the ship 180 degrees and you would be back where you started.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I always wondered why the enemy ships flew by the turret.  They could have just stayed on the side of the ship with no turret and blown it to bits.  (that's why a turret on both sides would be good)  :rolleyes:

Because all the pilot would have to do is rotate the ship 180 degrees and you would be back where you started.

TripleRRR

I see three problems with that

#1. The pilot and gunner would have to be in constant communication with which way to turn.

#2. The constant moving of the ship would make it hard for the gunner to aim.

#3. Everyone would get very dizzy with the constant spinning.

But now that I think about it, only having one turret did make it a lot better in the game :)

Well I hope the turrent mini game occurs far less then it did in the first game.

Probably yes, then they're optional too. You can choose to let the Sith to board your ship and let the fighting continue there.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You can choose for them to board your ship??? Why did they make that optional?

*In game*

Do you want the Sith to board your ship?

(options)

Yes of course

No

Perhaps later

:):huh:

I read in an interview that it would be something like that ;)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

#1 The pilot and gunner would have to be in constant communication with which way to turn.

First of all THEY ARE. Han and Luke talk to each other just fine. Also the pilot should know what side to keep the fighters at. It's the pilots JOB to put the gunner in position if possible.

#2.  The constant moving of the ship would make it hard for the gunner to aim.

This may shock you but the Sith fighter pilots really wouldn't want to fly by your turret in formation to be shredded apart and die. It is supposed to be hard. They are supposed to use evasive maneuvers and avoid the AOF of the turret. Its the gunner's job shoot them anyways. Once the pilot puts them in range.

#3.  Everyone would get very dizzy with the constant spinning.

It is incredibly obvious that SW starships have artificial gravity. Meaning they wouldn't even realize they were upside down unless they were looking through a window or had an artificial horizon instrument.

If you were making some kind of joke I apologize for this post.

Can anybody explain to me how can you even see those Sith bombers ?!?

THERE'S NO ILLUMINATION IN SPACE, you can't see anything.

That has always been something that buffled me in every single Sci-fi movie...

Then why do they see the earth from the moon or orbit. Why do we see stars? :blink: There is light in space. Space may be a vacuum but its packed full of all kinds of things like radio waves and photons.

Also maybe there are lights on the outside of the ebon hawk.

Can anybody explain to me how can you even see those Sith bombers ?!?

THERE'S NO ILLUMINATION IN SPACE, you can't see anything.

That has always been something that buffled me in every single Sci-fi movie...

Then why do they see the earth from the moon or orbit. Why do we see stars? :) There is light in space. Space may be a vacuum but its packed full of all kinds of things like radio waves and photons.

The Shadster's right. Now if you'd asked "why can we hear the laser shots...", that would be a different story. :blink:

manthing2.jpg

The Shadster's right. Now if you'd asked "why can we hear the laser shots...", that would be a different story. :blink:

True. Sound cant travel through a vacuum. But I guess we'd hear our own turrets blasters since the machinery making the blaster sounds is within the ebon hawk probably near the gunners seat.

Then why do they see the earth from the moon or orbit.

Because the sun irradiates them with light.

An object as small as a star fighter shouldn't be so easy to see no matter how close to the sun you are, and that doesn't even take into account the fact that most of the times, i doubt there's a star nearby to illuminate the battlefield, Star Treck comes to mind...

Why do we see stars?

Er..., stars generate their own light...

There is light in space.

There isn't.

There are light sources, but that's quite irrilevant.

Fact is, in space, you shouldn't be able to see anything...

Space may be a vacuum but its packed full of all kinds of things like radio waves and photons.

I'm not sure how those would help visibility...

Also maybe there are lights on the outside of the ebon hawk.

Don't try to rationalize anything, please.

Ho, and the first person who says 'this is a fantasy' without even taking into consideration the willing suspention of disbeleif it's going to get stabbed in the eyes...

It is fantasy.. sorry Opus

The reason why ships are over illuminated is because that's how it started out and how it has been for a long time. If you want to go with reality all the ships should be painted matte black reflecting little to no light, if there was any around. The reason why this wont happen is because people don't like "seeing" black objects flying through space.. and it makes gunning them down much harder (especially since all turrets seem to be manual <_<), bad for gameplay and some such.

stop spamming my thread with off topic question unthoughtfully asked im my thread, Ill have the Moderators lock it!!!!!! I WILL DO IT!!!!!!!!!

and furthermore, The Ebon hawk has one defense turret(it needed a second one, mission could have manned it), and two foward bateries one on the starboard side and one to port. the Milnium Falcon had cuncussion missles, and 2 turrets, and was originally a freighter before it went and got midified for smuggling with its 7 sheilded compartments. oh and by the way, every ship in the sw and st universes had 2 things in common, they all had weapons and all had exuast pipes puting out light sourcesand noise (regardless on how much), and exuast streams, which btw fyi is how you would see them.

and in space no one can hear you die.

now to back on topic of the ebon hawk's much nneded refit for a second turret for its belly.

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

stop spamming my thread with off topic question unthoughtfully asked im my thread, Ill have the Moderators lock it!!!!!! I WILL DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Oh right.. they should have one on the bottom too :)

But, really, I think your original topic was fairly well discussed. Unless you have something more to add?