Jump to content

Recommended Posts

(any non-forbidden fist monk) + trickster rogue is something that would come to my mind. the trickster gives you mirror image for some extra survivability, whereas the fists + monk + rogue sneak attack damage combined will give you some pretty capable melee prowess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unbroken/FF, spamming Forbidden Fist attack (at least until you hit level 19).  A full-on tank with great damage potential.  Medium shield modal on, because AFAIK this does not affect recovery time with FF, because it's not a weapon attack.  Virtually zero micro-management, enemies stick to him like limpets, and die.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My first pick would be Trickster/Monk. Lacks healing, but if you're with a party that's not a problem. I think Forbidden Fist/Trickster is a nice combo. With enough RES and -x% to hostile durations you will even heal more from the FF curse than it hurts you. 

I also like Monk/Barbarian (non-Berserker). Speed, huge health pool and good AR (Thick Skinned + Iron Wheel), Swift Flurry + Blood Thirst is fun. The Bloody Links. Efficient Anguish makes Carnage also hit the initial target. With Amra you can even hit the initial target twice (Carnage + Riven/Wanton Gore). Then needs 25 MIG though.

Barbarian/Streetfighter with Puke Stabber+Marux Amanth is very good, too. You can wear the fattest armor and still be fast as heck. Even has self healing at some point. In order for it to be off-tanky you might not want to take Berserker though.

Nowadays I often pick Furyshaper as Barb subclass. The Fear Ward is just great. Even better with a Priest in the party (to withdraw the ward which will continue to work).

Fighter can deal great melee dmg with Clear Out. But that comes quite late. Fighter/Streetfigher can be tanky as well as be very fast in thick armor. 

 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FF needs the right build, with everything going into resolve, you get one hell of an ability, great in a no rest run - bad in a rest run...

 

playing FF/chanter, FF/pala (high int, low dex), FF/pala (high dex, low int) the last 3 weeks and they can deal with enemies easy enough, but i killed myself quite some time because of lvl ups and wrong resolve/int/dex points at different powerlvl... 30 resolve after port maje is a must, and can be not enough (and if you get enfeebled? you die if you dont react^^)

 

If you know which items to get first, you can have fun with him, however... you dont really do anything but spam FF (it is your debuff, your heal, your damage - your everything)

And if you don't put everything into resolve, don't spam FF all the time? You get a subpar wound mechanic - not enough wounds...

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the suggestions. Trickster/Monk looks fun. 
@GriffonheartI played some melee rangers, but I dont think they have abilities enough to justify pick them over a monk for exemple.

How does the assassin works? How can I have the most advantage of the passive, is it possible to use it more than once in a fight?

Fighter/Streetfighter is good, but I feel it is a waste, because of Eder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2021 at 3:43 PM, Haplok said:

Why non-FF? Less Wounds initially, but a potent, free special attack/debuff that works great with rogue DOTs. 

i said non-FF mostly because the way I think of building an FF stat-wise is kind of at cross-purposes for the kind of melee-combo i'd get out of merging it with a rogue (e.g. i'd go with trying to make FF pretty tanky). just spitballing, i could be very wrong.

Edited by thelee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, thelee said:

i said non-FF mostly because the way I think of building an FF stat-wise is kind of at cross-purposes for the kind of melee-combo i'd get out of merging it with a rogue (e.g. i'd go with trying to make FF pretty tanky). just spitballing, i could be very wrong.

You make a good point, thelee. The big challenge with FF is the need for very high resolve, which is exactly the opposite of most builds in which resolve dumped. While you can make a nice combo of FF and rogue, as Haplok has done, perhaps the ideal pure melee build for FF is FF/steel garrote votary, due to the extra defensive perks and healing on the paladin side, and the fantastic synergy between the two subclasses. But the nice thing about the FF/trickster is you can keep STR on the lowish side, which gives you extra points to put into RES.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2021 at 11:38 AM, Reent said:

FF needs the right build, with everything going into resolve, you get one hell of an ability, great in a no rest run - bad in a rest run...

 

playing FF/chanter, FF/pala (high int, low dex), FF/pala (high dex, low int) the last 3 weeks and they can deal with enemies easy enough, but i killed myself quite some time because of lvl ups and wrong resolve/int/dex points at different powerlvl... 30 resolve after port maje is a must, and can be not enough (and if you get enfeebled? you die if you dont react^^)

 

If you know which items to get first, you can have fun with him, however... you dont really do anything but spam FF (it is your debuff, your heal, your damage - your everything)

And if you don't put everything into resolve, don't spam FF all the time? You get a subpar wound mechanic - not enough wounds...

IMO you should build in a way that FF will help your other abilities (or abilities of other party members). You should not try to make it your only attack. That would be not only boring, but also wasteful. 

You definitely don't NEED 30 Resolve.

I do recommend always using Mohora Wraps food after Neketaka, but that's a negligible cost after the beginning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, freddfranca said:

About the FF/trickster

Looks very interesting, but I am kinda lost about the points and what type of weapon I have to choose. 

I'd use a rapier with modal offhand (cause of great accuracy - and crits offhand lead to free additional main hand attacks via Swift Flurry / Heartbeat drumming). Or Sun & Moon flail for its dual attack, I guess. More defensive Focus woul be the Tuotilos Palm buckler. IMO not necessary, but some swear by it. 

Main hand I'd aim for Scordeo's Edge Saber. Before that Grave Calling Saber would work well. Or maybe Magran's Favor battleaxe (potentially with modal). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Haplok said:

I'd use a rapier with modal offhand (cause of great accuracy - and crits offhand lead to free additional main hand attacks via Swift Flurry / Heartbeat drumming). Or Sun & Moon flail for its dual attack, I guess. More defensive Focus woul be the Tuotilos Palm buckler. IMO not necessary, but some swear by it. 

Main hand I'd aim for Scordeo's Edge Saber. Before that Grave Calling Saber would work well. Or maybe Magran's Favor battleaxe (potentially with modal). 

And the atributes, I am thinking about

13/10/17/15/5/17

are this good enough?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Say hello again to my FF/Trickster who does absolutely nothing but is just standing there - yet kills enemies faster than some chars who actively attack. ;)

riposte_outward_spikes_swift_flurry.gif?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, freddfranca said:

And the atributes, I am thinking about

13/10/17/15/5/17

are this good enough?

Well, it can certainly work for a fast & furious attacker. Personally I'd find the low Int painful. Even though monk helps a lot with that. But then I'd not go for DOTs (like Toxic Strike), I think. Even Stunning Surge stun could be disappointing.

Personally I'd shave some points off Dex and Might and boost Int to 10 minimum. I'd also consider buffing Perception even more, but I'm a crit junkie and below PotD its less important, I think.

Edited by Haplok
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, freddfranca said:

And the atributes, I am thinking about

13/10/17/15/5/17

are this good enough?

You are missing one point. I guess from the cultural background?

5 INT would be a no-go for me personally. 

I would do 10 MIG and 10 DEX I think. You'll have +5 MIG from Thunderous Blows and +5 DEX from Swift Strikes at some point. When going for Swift Flurry I would go high PER, with Lightning Strikes I would go a bit lower. 

 

  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...