defend your self!

another thing which made no sence in kotor 1, you would have a gun, or a party member, an enamy would be right in your face, and you still shoot! doesnt anybody think you should be able to take the gun and crack it over theyre neck?! i hope a feature is added which allows you to use your gun as a melee weapon in times needed.

you guys say that shootingt ehm in the head is better, but first of all, hitting the enemy with a blaster rifle rarely every happens, and out of all the times it could happen, why would it happen when a guy is swinging a vibroblade at you. you should be able to block witht eh gun at least!

you guys say that shootingt ehm in the head is better, but first of all, hitting the enemy with a blaster rifle rarely every happens, and out of all the times it could happen, why would it happen when a guy is swinging a vibroblade at you. you should be able to block witht eh gun at least!

Wouldn't the gun get chopped up pretty badly that way.. at least it would scratch the nice finish on it. But besides that I don't think swinging/blocking with a gun would really add much to the game play. Not to mention the extra animations that would have to be added would probably drive the animators up a wall. It would be a cool feature though.

Blocking, sure, but what does that have to do with using guns as makeshift cudgels? It's just another miss animation.

you mean Zaalbar, right? Or did Zaalbar suck so bad for you that you didn't talk to him and referred to him as Chewie? :blink::):p

exactly.

(WHOOOARR! GHRONK!)

shaddup fleabag.

(WHRAAAARRRRR!!!)

:ph34r:

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

you know, what really bugged me was ME trying to talk to him on every friggin planet and on every friggin occasion because i thought that he'd have SOMETHING to talk about... but nooooooooo...

i usually left fleabag and headtails on the ship and told them to be quiet... i also programmed hk47 to terminate the meatbags if they ever open their gaps

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

Arrgh! Party AI & party combat tactical management was terrible in KotOR!

Example:

Mission & Carth are in my party. We encounter a group of foes & mines impede our path. The game goes into auto-pause. I select Mission to disable the mine. I stack Carth's queue with Power Blasts intending for him to stay back. My PC decides to melee. But this is KotOR after all, meaning nothing goes to plan. Carth decides to run through the 'deadly plasma mine' while Mission is disabling it, thus knocking her out, and then proceeds to start blasting right in the faces of the enemy cluster. Naturally, due to the +10 melee on range penalty he suffers to *each* enemy, he too gets knocked unconscious, hence leaving my PC to clean up the mess. <_<

manthing2.jpg

Arrgh! Party AI & party combat tactical management was terrible in KotOR!

Example:

Mission & Carth are in my party. We encounter a group of foes & mines impede our path. The game goes into auto-pause. I select Mission to disable the mine. I stack Carth's queue with Power Blasts intending for him to stay back. My PC decides to melee. But this is KotOR after all, meaning nothing goes to plan. Carth decides to run through the 'deadly plasma mine' while Mission is disabling it, thus knocking her out, and then proceeds to start blasting right in the faces of the enemy cluster. Naturally, due to the +10 melee on range penalty to he suffers to *each* enemy, he too gets knocked unconscious, hence leaving my PC to clean up the mess. <_<

Actually, I never had that problem as long as I did what you did, and queued actions for each party member. The only time stuff like NPCs walking thru mines, or going in to areas I don't want them going and stumbling into a room full of enemies was when I let the AI run the characters and I just used my PC.

Whenever I'd actually take control and queue the NPC actions, they worked as planned.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)