defend your self!

Battles have to be sort of unrealistic to suit the game mechanics, don't they? I mean, how many times did a dark Jedi swat your PC with a lightsaber without your PC losing a limb? Sure it would make more sense in the Star Wars universe, but would you really want to waste time sitting around in a doctor's waiting room staring at a cauterized stump?

Arrgh!  Party AI & party combat tactical management was terrible in KotOR!

Example:

Mission & Carth are in my party.  We encounter a group of foes & mines impede our path.  The game goes into auto-pause.  I select Mission to disable the mine.  I stack Carth's queue with Power Blasts intending for him to stay back.  My PC decides to melee.  But this is KotOR after all, meaning nothing goes to plan.  Carth decides to run through the 'deadly plasma mine' while Mission is disabling it, thus knocking her out, and then proceeds to start blasting right in the faces of the enemy cluster.  Naturally, due to the +10 melee on range penalty to he suffers to *each* enemy, he too gets knocked unconscious, hence leaving my PC to clean up the mess.  <_<

Actually, I never had that problem as long as I did what you did, and queued actions for each party member. The only time stuff like NPCs walking thru mines, or going in to areas I don't want them going and stumbling into a room full of enemies was when I let the AI run the characters and I just used my PC.

Whenever I'd actually take control and queue the NPC actions, they worked as planned.

Well I know I had that problem even when deciding the actions for my teammates. They'd still occasionally run up to an enemy try to blast it in the face.

That's odd, mine never blasted people in the face, even when I let them do whatever they wanted. Did you make sure the equipped weapons had a proper range?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

That's odd, mine never blasted people in the face, even when I let them do whatever they wanted. Did you make sure the equipped weapons had a proper range?

Should've. They were using Blasters. And sometimes Blaster Rifles. And they didn't do that all time, which leads me to believe it was a bug of some sorts.

Might be. When I got around to playing KotOR the lastest patch was already out.

Last time I saw this was with the 1.03 patch, and the 1.01 Beta. Never tried the 1.02 patch. I think there was some script that checks whether or not you're close enough to the enemy. If you're not, the character runs up to the enemy. Probably no check in between to check whether you're still too far away.

Bullets aren't used in Star Wars. It would just leave a scorched hole I imagine.

I know bullets aren't used in Star Wars...but with all the energy going in, there has to be something going out...I mean c'mon, oh wait it Star Wars, my bad...

you mean jedi knight 4, jedi knight 3 was jedi academy, this is fun over using the term jedi, jedi, jedi, jedi!

I don't consider neither Outcast nor Accademy to be worthy titles in the Dark Forces series.

I'm still waiting for the 'real' Jedi Knight 2...

you mean jedi knight 4, jedi knight 3 was jedi academy, this is fun over using the term jedi, jedi, jedi, jedi!

I don't consider neither Outcast nor Accademy to be worthy titles in the Dark Forces series.

I'm still waiting for the 'real' Jedi Knight 2...

aw, jedi outcast had a great single player game, but the multiplayer had some bugs and horrible admin mods which ruined it. jedi academy had a horrible singleplayer, and the exact same multiplayer.