TSL Q&A questions

- is there any chance we will encounter any famous character from the EU, like Ulic Qel-droma, Nomi Sunrider, Exar Kun, Master Thon and so on?

- will we actually pilot the Ebon Hawk, in some kind of mini-game?

- will the player be alloweds to further customize his pc's appearance (as in nwn)?

- will non force using classes be enjoyable as force using are?

- will the player access any crafting skill?

- will the equipment upgrade system be enhanced and upgradable items increase in quantity and quality?

- being kotor:tsl a rpg, what about a 'rest' option? will the party be allowed to set up a campfire and take a nap to recover hp/fp?

I can answer some of your questions as well.

There is no Ebon Hawk piloting mini-game, but the other mini-games have all been improved.

There are more faces to choose from, and there may be some choice of clothes and hight.

You will not be able to play as a non-force user this time. non-force NPCs each have a unique special ability this time (like Candrous' regeneration).

There are no new skills but there will be more use made of the old ones, including more workbench options. For example lightsabers now have 6 upgrade slots.

There won't be a rest option.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

My questions:

Are any changes being made to the base classes form kotOR (eg Sentinal)?

Which classes have Repair as a class skill?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I wouldn't think Exar Kun since his spirit is roaming a yavin temple somewhere.

And I would have to say that Nomi would be dead most likely since TSLs think there is only one left.

Surely they would want to be sure of Nomi's death.

Uliq is still possible and I would consider Vima Sunrider (Nomi's daughter) Would be most likely.

Coming to that...Vima was planned instead of Bastila in Kotor1.

- Does Vima Sunrider have any role whatsoever, in TSL?

I would have to say that it would be/have been great for continuity.

Uliq is dead too. This is what it says about him in the SW databank.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Here are my questions:

1) In KOTOR, Bioware not only used exiting EU material but made some additions to it with things like "Unknown planet" & the Rakkatans (there relationship to the history of Tattoine etc.) Will Obsidian be adding there own original material (Planets, races etc.) to the EU with Sith Lords or will they just use existing material

2) It was said that TSL was going to have a darker feel than KOTOR could you expand on this? Is this darkness felt throughout game or just speciffically in some of the quests you have to acomplish

3) In Kotor the music only used existing music themes for the opening & the character theme etc. In TSL will more existing themes be used less etc.

4) Throughout the SW timeline (in EU material) The Jedi & Sith Holocrons represented items of power. Will these be mentioned in TSL?

Will OpenAL be supported for the PC-version? (For those with non-creative cards).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

will there be any famous jedi/sith from the EU comics that actually make appearances in the game instead of just hearing about them?

will there be anymore jedi/sith spirits this time? maybe on dantooine?

will enemies towards the end of the game realize your strength and run away?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Guys, thanks for supporting this interview. We at PMC has 3 interviews with Obsidian regarding TSL. One we have already done, the 2nd is in progress now, and the 3rd will be shortly after the release of TSL.

I have made the decision that this interview will be 100% fanbased. Meaning that all 20 questions will come from you guys instead of just 10 from you and 10 from me. Going through the submitted questions I picked a total of 11 questions that I want to be in the interview along with the name of the person who submitted them. There were MANY people who had more then one question picked.

So I'm letting you all pick the last 9. So even if you submitted a question, you can still add more. I was supposed to send these in last Friday but I got caught up with college work and stuff. Hell I'm typing this from a PC in my English Composition II class. I'm supposed to be finding info on my research topic but I'm taking time out to post this before I forget.

So yeah, you all have until Sunday to finish off these last 9 questions. Post as many as you want, but only 9 will be chosen.

Will there be fights like the first one with Calo Nord in which we cannot do damage and are killed in 1 hit?

If there is a big plot twist as was in KOTOR (pc being darth revan), will the dialog and maybe part of the story change the second time through so we dont have to pretend not to know?

How different will the light side/dark side stories be? Will we know everything that will happen the second time when we change sides?

Will the enemy npc's fight you no matter what or is it possible that they will run in fear? A dark apprentice was hardly a match for a sith lord in KOTOR though the tough little bastard saw it to the end anyway.

Force speed didnt really seem to make you any faster but it just blurred the screen a lot. Will force speed be changed? (not sure if it just gives you some to hit points or whatever or if it was meant as a way to get to one guy before he can throw his nade or pull a gun)

The inventory system was really cluttered, will there be more organization? (keep all nades grouped separate, the simulants separate, etc.. also a quick way to access a specific group without having to go through them all)

Will there be any change in the npc's dialog depending on how low level or high level you are?

thats it for now... i'll post more when i got em. let me know if i'm going in the wrong direction with these questions.

How will the upgradable robes be handled?

Will it be the same as the armor in KOTOR where you had 2 slots which would each create a set bonus,

Or will there be 2 slots with many possible upgrade components? For instance could you use 2 +2 strength components or 1 +2 str and 1 +3 defence?

And will you find better upgrades along the course of the game?

1) Will there be any non-mandatory areas, where you can acquire XP, find new items, solve quests? I mean LARGE areas.

2)How many are the possible endings?

3)Will KotOR2 be more challenging than KotOR1?

4)How much is the EXP cap?

5) Will you start the game as jedi class without lightsaber, or you still have to choose a non-jedi at the beginning of the game?

6)How long is the game?

In situations where a conversation is interrupted by the arrival of another individual, will the delay time in the conversation still take an hour before everyone shows up?

I recall the Sandral Matale feud and when Shen and Rahasia were outside the Sandral estate Shen says we should get out of here before... and after about a 5 second delay his father shows up. I found this annoying as the amount of time it took the family to get together he didnt seem like he was interrupted at all.

Hey Tyrell, in light of the recent release announced, here's a question you can ask Mike Gallo (if he's answering your questions):

So why did you decide to screw over the PC fans once again after stating NUMEROUS TIMES in magazines, interviews, etc., that the games would be released simultaneously and that the PC fans wouldn't get the shaft?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hey Tyrell, in light of the recent release announced, here's a question you can ask Mike Gallo (if he's answering your questions):

So why did you decide to screw over the PC fans once again after stating NUMEROUS TIMES in magazines, interviews, etc., that the games would be released simultaneously and that the PC fans wouldn't get the shaft?

Amen! Mike, please help us if you have any feelings whatsoever. I have stuff to do besides playing kotor2. If it isnt out by december i can't play it until july!

Please help us!

Expect, if at all, an aswer in the lines of "We're really tried to reach a simultaneous releasedate, but there were to many variables left unsolved in the PC-version to get it done by december this year"

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy