3 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

I'm hesitating between +10 and +20 by similarity with Paladins/Fighters resistance Abilities. I guess +10 would be more conservative, especially for a secondary effect.

I would cast a vote for +10. +20 is an awful lot for a flat-all-around bonus (whereas you have to pick a certain class to pick up the paladin/fighter defense talents), especially since stacking rules for passives are much more generous in Deadfire than in PoE1 (dwarfs in poe got +20 vs poison but stacking bonuses was more like D&D style). +10 is enough to matter.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 7:05 AM, Chunanda said:

Hey, I would like to report a bug with the rangers shadowed hunters ability. Every attack with the pet seems to be applying the dot until combat ends. You can even effect multiple enemies at once so it isn't just limited to the first enemy it only happens after the ability has been activated though.

Thank you for pointing it. I confirm the bug. The fix is ready and will be included in Version 1.3.

Below the individual file hotfix in case someone needs it quickly.

cl.ranger.shadowed_hunters.gamedatabundle

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

Please find below the description Version 1.3 that I'm going to upload on Nexus :
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/438

Changes on the Nerf (and complete rework) Package are in red.

Passive damage ability scaling :

There is a couple of passive abilities that deal damages, but contrary to Active ones, they don't scale which make them supbar on endgame.

I added standard scaling to these abilities (+1 Acc, +0.25PEN and +5% multiplicative damages per PL)

Rooting Pain :

Added scaling (+0.25 PEN per PL was already implemented in version 1.2 of the mod)

Wildstrikes Frenzy :

Added scaling

Brutal Backlash :

Added scaling

Base damages : 20 raw -> 40 raw

(conditional 20 raw damages once per encounter wasn't worth an ability point)

Racial Tweaks :

Beware that the racial tweak might only apply to newly created characters.

Island Aumaua :

Added +10 vs Ground Based attack

(small buff to a race with a very situationnal passive, suggested by @SArgentus )

Godlikes :

The general idea is to give all Godlikes something worth of losing the helmet slot. I gave all of them 2 abilities, at least one being not (too) conditional, and one of them shall also scale (to match the progression of headgear).

Moon Godlike :

Silver Tide : set to 10 + 1/level (to avoid weirdness of non class PL scaling à la monastic unarmed training from version 1.2 of the mod)
Added passive Crescent Purity : 25% resistance to raw damages +4 Corrode AR
The general idea is to give Moon Godlike good interaction with self-damaging abilities. Even without using such abilities, Corrode AR is there to give a critical edge against a certain Megaboss.

Death Godlike :

Death Usher : set to 20% + 2% level.
+60% in late game feels nice enough to consider the rae oustide of Barring Death Door combo, but considering that there are insta Death effects when a foe is near Death, I don't think it would be too strong. It would have good synergy with On Kill effects though.

Nature Godlike :

Added passive Evergreen Vigor : 10% + 0,5% per level healing received while ABOVE 50% health.

This will mostly help regeneration abilities, not critical healing. Their +1PL is very strong but felt a bit dry compared to what a helmet can provide.

Fire Godlike :

(I kept the +4 fire AR and +2 AR under 50% health from version 1.2)

Their Fire shield is now unconditional and has 2-4 damages, +20% damages per PL, 7 PEN + 0,5 per PL and +2 Acc per PL.
Fire Godlike getting all their bonus under 50% health felt too narrow. With this new tweak, their fire shield damages is comparable to Darcozzi fire shield at high level (but with more reliable PEN).

Miscellanous Change :

Their Companion Braved the Horde Alone :

Cast time/Recovery : 4,5s/3s -> 0,5s/3s

Far from Defeated, His Heart Filled with Joy :

Cast time/Recovery : 3s/4s -> 0,5s/3s
This invocation has a huge cost for a single self-target Inspiration. It has its niches but I think reduced cast time would make it more competitive compared to other high Tier Invocation.

Corrected a mod display bug that caused Their Companion Braved the Horde Alone to be displayed with the upgrade description.

Unbending (and upgrades) :

PL Scaling as a Tier IV ability -> PL Scaling as a Tier V ability

This is a small bug that caused it to get +1 PL.

Nature's Terror :

Set to foe only.
Boeroer suggested to buff this spell. Previously, I only decreased its casting time because I was unaware it wasn't foe-only. I think it will be more balanced (compared to relentless storm) without friendly fire.

Dragon Trashed :

7 PEN -> 9 PEN

Cancelled part of Community Patch buff to 5+5 damages per tick (set back to 4+4 damages per tick)

Due to weird scaling mechanics for chants, Dragon Trashed doesn't get the +2 PEN it should get as a Tier V spells. That's why I buffed its PEN but tuned done CP bonus to its damages. I think it's fine now (it also gets +0.25 PEN per PL as if it was a PL 1 ability).

Soft Winds of Death :

2 damages and healing per tick -> 3

Buffed to be more in line with CP buff to Dragon Trashed. It deals 3 damages instead of 8, but this damage is raw and comes with self regen.

Constant Recovery (And Rapid Recovery) :

45s Duration -> Infinite

3s ticks -> 6s

I found annoying that this ability auto-trigger at the beginning of a battle, and not when one needs it. It is also annoying that Fighters defenses are so sensitive to dispell. 45s limitation comes from a PoE1 nerf when infinite healing was far more rare than in PoE2. I think this limitation is obsolete when one sees all that infinite healing that Paladins and Chanters get.
The healing rate is halved to compensate.

Dorudugan :

35 RES -> 30 RES

-15 Base Deflection

-1000 Base HP

Base AR -> 14

Slash AR -> 16

Due to the nerf of most cheese of the game, Dorudugan has become harder to beat with my mod. It was anyway to tedious to beat based on most people feedback. It still hits as hard as before, but should be a bit quicker to deal with.

See discussion thread : https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/115388-should-megabosses-be-tweaked-if-yes-how/

(This change is include in the nerf package because it is meant to compensate for the removal of most cheesy combos from this package)

Shadowed Hunters :

Corrected a bug that caused the pet raw damages to be applied on each attacks until end of battle.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

For the fire godlike fire shield scaling, could you scale via character level rather than PL? That way MC characters wouldn't be penalized, which would make sense, I think, since it is a racial ability rather than a class ability.

Fire godlike uses a hidden untypped PL that does not depend on your single class/multiclass. Basically Multiclasses have also untyped PL9 at level 20. 
Therefore, the only benefit Single Classes get is through Prestige (which is legit IMHO).

• Like 1

@Elric Galad - Could we lower the price of Adra Ban at Una to the default and add Sapphires and Rubies, too? 

• Game files show that the designers intended these gems to be available via Una to high level players (similar to how Black Pearls and Emeralds are available at The Treasure Trove in Dunnage, requiring waiting to refresh the inventory as the main barrier)
  • Typical vendor prices for these based on rarity level: 750 for Ruby, 850 for Adra Ban, 950 for Sapphire 
  • Making them all available allows more full use of the crafting system for potions, scrolls, etc AND helps the enchantment system be less punishing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivanfyodorovich said:

@Elric Galad - Could we lower the price of Adra Ban at Una to the default and add Sapphires and Rubies, too? 

• Game files show that the designers intended these gems to be available via Una to high level players (similar to how Black Pearls and Emeralds are available at The Treasure Trove in Dunnage, requiring waiting to refresh the inventory as the main barrier)
  • Typical vendor prices for these based on rarity level: 750 for Ruby, 850 for Adra Ban, 950 for Sapphire 
  • Making them all available allows more full use of the crafting system for potions, scrolls, etc AND helps the enchantment system be less punishing

I would consider this for a version 1.4 (which I'm not planning for the moment, sorry). Ruby and Sapphires are less needd, but it's true that it is annoying for crafting.
Not sure I would lower the prices that much.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Arch Dornan said:

I encountered small bug. New Moon and Nature Godlikes' passives don't appear on character creation screen. But they appear correctly in the game itself so this isn't crucial.

Yeah, I knew about this one 🙂

Changing it was too tiring for its level of annoyance so I wisely skipped fixing it 🙂

• Thanks 1

Hello, first of all, thank for your efforts to create this great mod!

I have a question before I start a new playthrough with this, btw. Does the Fury's Storm Blight Weapons change mean that the weapon attacks now properly benefit from Driving Flight so that the Ranged Attacks bounce +2 times with Ranged weapons with this mod? 

If yes, I'd like to build Fury/Arcane Archer, finally!

3 hours ago, Hoo said:

Hello, first of all, thank for your efforts to create this great mod!

I have a question before I start a new playthrough with this, btw. Does the Fury's Storm Blight Weapons change mean that the weapon attacks now properly benefit from Driving Flight so that the Ranged Attacks bounce +2 times with Ranged weapons with this mod? 

If yes, I'd like to build Fury/Arcane Archer, finally!

Yup that was the point ! (And also it allows Ciphers to benefit from it !)

Oh, well, I've tested Fury/Arcane Archer with Driving Flight, but it seems that it doesn't work, sadly. :(

Any Imbue attacks only bounce 1 times instead of 2 times while spiritshifting...

I checked that the ranged attacks with Imbue while spiritshifting actually gives bounce bonus to the Imbued attack. So I guess that the bouncing bonus just seems not stack.

Edited by Hoo

2 hours ago, Hoo said:

Oh, well, I've tested Fury/Arcane Archer with Driving Flight, but it seems that it doesn't work, sadly. :(

Any Imbue attacks only bounce 1 times instead of 2 times while spiritshifting...

I checked that the ranged attacks with Imbue while spiritshifting actually gives bounce bonus to the Imbued attack. So I guess that the bouncing bonus just seems not stack.

OK, I admit I haven't tested all abilities that should count Stormblight claws as weapons, especially ranged weapons.
Do you benefit from Marksman Accuracy bonus ?

I've checked the file and the bug/glitch does not seem obvious.

By the way, does anybody know whether driving flight actually work with Minor Blights and Rot Skulls in general ?

I tested the case of Rot Skulls about a year ago, and it worked very well.

By the way, I love the improvements of Fire Godlike on BP Mod! Is there any good or interesting build to use the race properly with synergizing something?

I assume that the passive abilities are only useful when being struck by enemies, so it seems that CON-based build should be fit. The problem is, however, CON is considered as the one of the worst status, and the damage from Battle-Forged ability is not enough high, honestly. I'm not sure whether there is something that can be combo with this kind of damage source, which is not weapon attack; As far as I know, most of on-hit effects require weapon attack.

Edited by Hoo

Maybe this will give you some inspiration (it's a funny effect):

In a second post (scroll down) I also say which (fire) retaliation effects (Darcozzi Flame Shield, Battle Forged etc.) will stack.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well well, in my current version of the game, it seems that Driving Flight does NOT stack with ANY bouncing weapons.
I tested Fury weapon, Watershaper Focus and Fire in the Hole.
It is not what I expected, but I haven't modded Watershaper Focus, Fire in the Hole and Driving Flight so it should be the same in the normal game.
Have anyone checked recently ?

Fury weapon works with other "ranged weapon passives" such as Marksman, the range I added to Sharpshooter. I have also re-tested it for focus generation and it works. 

• Hmmm 1

On 10/4/2020 at 8:32 PM, Ivanfyodorovich said:

OK, coded and tested. I will include it in next version (probably 1.31 once I've clarified the Driving Flight issue).

I thought about crafting and I think you are right. Limited ressources for crafting sounded wrong. Excessive price too so and reverted Adra Ban to its normal value. Yup, it's a bit of powercreeping but I think it's better for enjoyment.

Here your hotfile : 

gn.all_gems_in_shop.gamedatabundle

• Like 3

Oh, just FYI, I found a typo. The spell description of Fractured Volition is not updated.

The effect of Weakened has been changed to Enfeebled, but the description still shows "Weakened", the effects' description shows correctly though. 

12 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

OK, coded and tested. I will include it in next version (probably 1.31 once I've clarified the Driving Flight issue).

I thought about crafting and I think you are right. Limited ressources for crafting sounded wrong. Excessive price too so and reverted Adra Ban to its normal value. Yup, it's a bit of powercreeping but I think it's better for enjoyment.

Here your hotfile : 

gn.all_gems_in_shop.gamedatabundle 4.55 kB · 0 downloads

Awesome! Thanks so much Elric!