POST YOUR SPECS

Amentep

Was going to just blow the upgrade budget on a 3090ti but figured that my 8700K would bottleneck any large gpu upgrade, so I got the alderlake and built a whole new box and got 3080ti to hold me over, then I can go all out on the 4xxx series when that arrives. Upgrading from the 8700K was a good idea as the 12900K absolutely slaps (wish I held out a little longer for the KS version, oh well). 3080ti is still good too, I can finally play most vr games on the 8KX at full resolution. It's only 10% less powerful than a 3090ti and 60% less cost 

061c79dd-4d32-48e1-b0bkrn.jpeg

f3a8175b-5dbf-4ead-9kyj7d.jpeg

cb779e62-f1b4-4de8-8z1jxq.jpeg

Edited by Bokishi
  • Like 4

Well, not as fancy, but here goes nothing:

• Corsair 4000D Airflow black
  • Intel Core i5-12600K
  • ASUS ROG STRIX B660-A
  • 32 GB DDR5-5200 Corsair Vengeance
  • ZOTAC GAMING Twin Edge RTX 3060
  • 2 TB M.2 Samsung 980 PRO
  • be quiet! Dark Rock 4
  • 4x be quiet Pure Wings 2

The 3060 is up for a replacement once the 40s come out and prices have died down a little, but it's more than good enough for all my needs right now, so not really much of a priority upgrade.

Quite a deafening silence in the room now. Eery. :)

• Like 5

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

5 minutes ago, majestic said:

Well, not as fancy, but here goes nothing:

• Corsair 4000D Airflow black
  • Intel Core i5-12600K
  • ASUS ROG STRIX B660-A
  • 32 GB DDR5-5200 Corsair Vengeance
  • ZOTAC GAMING Twin Edge RTX 3060
  • 2 TB M.2 Samsung 980 PRO
  • be quiet! Dark Rock 4
  • 4x be quiet Pure Wings 2

The 3060 is up for a replacement once the 40s come out and prices have died down a little, but it's more than good enough for all my needs right now, so not really much of a priority upgrade.

Quite a deafening silence in the room now. Eery. :)

So it lives. How much did that setup run you? I assume it's prebuilt?

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

12 minutes ago, Sarex said:

So it lives. How much did that setup run you? I assume it's prebuilt?

2200€, all in all, although that varies wildly since graphics cards change prices like some people change underwear. 400€ today, 600€ tomorrow. It's not pre-built but built to order. :)

https://bestware.com/en/

Not sure if they ship to Serbia.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, majestic said:

2200€, all in all, although that varies wildly since graphics cards change prices like some people change underwear. 400€ today, 600€ tomorrow. It's not pre-built but built to order. :)

https://bestware.com/en/

Not sure if they ship to Serbia.

That's not a bad price at all for that configuration.

• Like 1

Every time someone posts something like Bokishi I get all jealous, even if I totally don't need any kind of upgrade for my current usage/habits..
Then I notice the 3080ti FTW3 is on Amazon (available! 18 left!) for "only" $1360 or so, and my lizard brain starts screaming at me.

Must...wait...for the 4080ti... :ninja:

• Haha 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 5 months later...

ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
G.Skill Ripjaws V - DDR4 - 16 GB
ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 OC Edition 8GB
Crucial MX100 512GB
Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM004 - 4 TB
Dell U3415W
2 Dualshock 4 gamepads
Antec P101 Silent
Seasonic CORE GC 650

Finally bought a new gpu for an ok price. Used, but a good deal. 

Azdeus can have his baby back now. 

Stable 60 fps on all the heavy games I have installed, with the exception of Spider-Man where I get 50-60 fps. 50 when swinging, 60 everywhere else. That's at 3440x1440. 

• Like 4

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

27 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

Finally bought a new gpu for an ok price. Used, but a good deal. 

Straight from the mines of Moria. 😄

Edited by Sarex
  • Haha 1

Actually straight from a guy who worked for an IT shop. 

• Thanks 1

Heja Sverige!!

4 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

Actually straight from a guy who worked for an IT shop. 

That doesn't mean it is not from Moria and won't Balrog on you pretty quickly. :p

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 1

Fall into a chasm and get killed by a gay director of classic horror movies? 

• Haha 2

Heja Sverige!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finished off the space heater build with some final upgrades for the year. This combo is so power hungry it's stupid, CPU and GPU pushing 400w+ each when maxed out. Reminds me of the triple SLI days...

Intel i9 13900KF @ 6GHz 

Zotac RTX 4090 @ 3GHz 

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master

32GB G.Skill TridentZ5 DDR5 6400

2x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Gen 4 NVMe

Corsair RM1000e

Hyte Y60 case

48” Gigabyte FO48U OLED

dd902cae-0fd1-4ee9-bj3d8l.jpeg

Edited by Bokishi
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

...sweet Jebus, Bok; that be one helluva machine...buildin' a new rig meself, but nuthin' anywheres near that hefty:

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X

ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F

ASUS TUF Gaming 3070 ti V2

32 GB Kingston Fury Renegade DDR5 6000

Seasonic Vertex GX-1200

1 TB Western Digital Black SN850X (OS drive)

2 TB Kingston KC3000 (Gamin' & crap drive)

500 GB Western Digital Black SN770 (the wife's drive fer all her Crafting shyte an' the 999,000 pictures she takes daily, mostly o' the new dog)

...a few other odds & ends jus' ta make 'er glow...gonna 'ave a dual monitor setup; got the ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ secondary monitor already, but the one I wants fer me primary gamin' monitor ain't out yet, hopefully early April...jus' reusin' me ol' Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C chassis; still luvs that ol' girl...

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 2

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Upgraded the wifi card on my MB to an intel AX210. Newer ones now require at least a 12k series intel processor and don't come in the smaller form factor, but apart from Bluetooth 5.3 and intel dual connect there isn't a difference. Was not too difficult but I recommend cleaning the dust first before exposing the thermal pads. Taking the cpu cooler off will also give more access to the heatsink, but I was lazy and it gave me something to grab on to while removing the screws.

I got an AX210 recently as well for the Bluetooth, haven't been terribly pleased with it - it sometimes performs mildly better and sometimes a lot worse than the little trashcan USB transceiver I was previously using, :shrugz:.

• Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

37 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I got an AX210 recently as well for the Bluetooth, haven't been terribly pleased with it - it sometimes performs mildly better and sometimes a lot worse than the little trashcan USB transceiver I was previously using, :shrugz:.

I've put the AX210 in 3 devices (2 laptops and one PC), haven't had any issues. What issues are you having, low speed, disconnects or something else?

I just ran a test and this is what I get on a anemic antenna through some pretty thick reinforced concrete walls (but this is the best result I get, it goes from 400 to 600 usually).

https://i.imgur.com/73CZ2jz.png

I get double that when I'm right next to the router with my laptop (the result above was from the PC, but the laptops get similar results).

If you don't mind, which manufacturer did you get?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255098220132

I got recommended this one and as I said I had no issues so far with it.

Edited by Sarex

5 minutes ago, Sarex said:

If you don't mind, which manufacturer did you get?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255098220132

I got recommended this one and as I said I had no issues so far with it.

I was recommended this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0832MR4WB/ The wifi speeds are on it have been pretty lousy too, though I don't really care about that - I only care about the bluetooth, as that's what I bought it for. But it stands to reason that if the wifi reception is unusually bad, the bluetooth is through the same antenna so that's probably unusually bad as well... I just get a lot of cut-outs and disconnects, worse than I would have expected for a dedicated card with two antennas compared to a rinky dink little USB thingy.

• Sad 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

5 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I was recommended this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0832MR4WB/ The wifi speeds are on it have been pretty lousy too, though I don't really care about that - I only care about the bluetooth, as that's what I bought it for. But it stands to reason that if the wifi reception is unusually bad, the bluetooth is through the same antenna so that's probably unusually bad as well... I just get a lot of cut-outs and disconnects, worse than I would have expected for a dedicated card with two antennas compared to a rinky dink little USB thingy.

I mean it could always be a faulty card, antenna, connection to the antenna (or just bad antenna). Did you clear the drivers from the old BT module, than can also cause issues?

4 minutes ago, Sarex said:

I mean it could always be a faulty card, antenna, connection to the antenna (or just bad antenna). Did you clear the drivers from the old BT module, than can also cause issues?

Yeah, I did. I suppose I should've tried re-seating it and the connection...probably worth a try anyways.

So a couple years ago when I built my current desktop, an Amazon shipping issue meant I ended up with four 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600C16 DDR4 kits instead of two. So in the grand tradition of false economies, I figured I should use that RAM before it becomes obsolete. I've already built myself a new HTPC with one of the spare kits, but I was at a loss at what to do with the other. So completely pointlessly, I decided to build the smallest mini-ITX build I could come up with. I have no reason to have done this build, I don't need this PC at all. But here it is.

2ZvD91v.png

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Noctua NH-L9a
Gigabyte A520I ac
2x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz CL16
1TB WD SN570
Silverstone Milo 10 case
Silverstone AD120-DC PSU

First time using one of these PicoPSU things. It's the weird circuit board installed in the case behind that plastic sheet pictured on the right, above. Connects to an external power brick.

I'm a dummy and forgot to update the BIOS before doing anything else, but I wasn't punished for it as fortunately the BIOS it shipped with was compatible with the APU out-of-the-box. Booted up okay first time, now to use my Win7 Family Pack upgrade kit (three upgrade licences of Win7 Home) for, oh, about the dozenth time.

LZNWOmp.png

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G