World Cup of Hockey

the_original_911

Which team are you cheering for in the world cup of hockey... ro are you even going to watch  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which team are you cheering for in the world cup of hockey... ro are you even going to watch

• Canada
    • Sweden
    • Finland
    • Russia
    • Germany
    • Slovakia
    • Czech Rebublic
    • U.S.A
    • Not going to watch

Sweden of course! I even have tickets to the Finland - Sweden game in Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland next weekend (September 4)! It's going to be awesome! Even though the tickets cost more than 100$ each..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Finland ofcourse, but as usual, Canada wins.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Sweden of course! I even have tickets to the Finland - Sweden game in Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland next weekend (September 4)! It's going to be awesome! Even though the tickets cost more than 100$ each..

that's so sweet... If I wasn't on the west coast I'd go see a game... if I could scrape together that kind of money :D

I hope Ohlund and Nazzy have a good tourney for Sweden and Ruutu and Salo for Finland

As long as the US doesn't win .... jk to a certain degree

so basically there was no point in you responding, but you chose to anyways.

Good job, sparky.

Don't act like the "post in a thread just to get a reaction" maneuver is anything new here. How many times on this board has someone started a thread about a game or a movie and been bombarded with one-line replies like "that game sucks!" or "worst thread ever!"? There is rarely a point to anything on the internet, and everyone needs a good flamewar from time to time.

Go Canada!

My prediction: It will be Canada vs Sweden in the finals, and Sweden will pull it off. I'm hoping Canada takes it all the way, though.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm rooting for Canada as a fellow North American who is living with a Canadian.

My only objection is that the Canadians have a lot of NHL players who I despise.

Yeah there are a few people on team Canada that during the regular season I hate with a passion (Robyn Regehr for example)... but fortunately Keith Tkachuk isn't on team Canada because I would hate him whereever he goes... he's just one of those players to me and I'm sure everyone has of few of those.

And it seems like there isn't going to be a season this year which sucks royally

Right now I have a grief with NHL players in general. It may be that the league never gets back together, and NHL players just play in leagues like the WHL.

The players are objecting to a salary cap, when the salary cap has done nothing but offer parity and a chance for every club to win in leagues like the NBA and NFL.

NHL players salaries are on par with NFL salaries, but NHL TV revenues are 2% of NFL TV revenues. Most NHL franchises lose money each year despite the Canadian franchies being subsidised with tax payer dollars, and some franchises like Ottawa are in flat our bankruptcy and can't pay players as is.

Yet the players want more money?

Screw 'em. It's hard to side with big business most days, but I'm with the owners who shouldn't budge, but likely will. The league needs a salary cap, and the players need pay cuts.

If the players continue to hold out, and it ends up that the Tampa Bay Lightning won the last Stanley Cup ever, it will be a huge travesty.

Right now I have a grief with NHL players in general.  It may be that the league never gets back together, and NHL players just play in leagues like the WHL.

The players are objecting to a salary cap, when the salary cap has done nothing but offer parity and a chance for every club to win in leagues like the NBA and NFL.

NHL players salaries are on par with NFL salaries, but NHL TV revenues are 2% of NFL TV revenues.  Most NHL franchises lose money each year despite the Canadian franchies being subsidised with tax payer dollars, and some franchises like Ottawa are in flat our bankruptcy and can't pay players as is.

Screw 'em.  It's hard to side with big business most days, but I'm with the owners who shouldn't budge, but likely will.  The league needs a salary cap, and the players need pay cuts.

If the players continue to hold out, and it ends up that the Tampa Bay Lightning won the last Stanley Cup ever, it will be a huge travesty.

I have never agreed with anything more in my life, right now the owners and players are pretending to be talking and just going through the motions... they say they don't want to make any announcments because it would take away from the world cup of hockey... which reminds me...

Canada and Sweden are both 2-0... and I don't think Finland has played 2 yet... and poor Russia... unfortunately for them they don't look that strong on paper they got Bryzgalov as their starting goalie :wub: ... how the mighty have fallen... but hey anything could happen

Right now I have a grief with NHL players in general.  It may be that the league never gets back together, and NHL players just play in leagues like the WHL.

NHL players salaries are on par with NFL salaries, but NHL TV revenues are 2% of NFL TV revenues.  Most NHL franchises lose money each year despite the Canadian franchies being subsidised with tax payer dollars, and some franchises like Ottawa are in flat our bankruptcy and can't pay players as is.

Screw 'em.  It's hard to side with big business most days, but I'm with the owners who shouldn't budge, but likely will.  The league needs a salary cap, and the players need pay cuts.

They won't be the last stanley cup winners. If the NHL goes down, a new league will replace it, and the stanley cup will go to the champions of that league. The cup was the prize in canadian hockey before the NHL even existed.

Anyway, with the whole NHL thing, I think they just need to create a new pay system in the league based on each player's +/- , goals, assists, etc. That way it will even teams out because the good players will go where they want to play, rather than where they'll get more money. Don't allow teams to include any bonuses except for maybe bonuses for winning games, or reaching milestones. Just so they can't get around the pay structure to lure players.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

hahaha

The swedish team was carp. We've seen time and again what good all our dollarstars are when playing together (or at least pretending to).

Beaten by belarus, says it all.

I prefer watching the Swedish elite series instead of world championships, olympics and world cups.

At least there, the teams play for the team, because they enjoy the hockey, not because it is their main way of getting money.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon