You can do combat if want but im gonna do overall how much I like them

1.Parvati

2.Nyoka although she is very close to #1

3. Ellie

4. SAM. although if it was a combat list hed be #1

5. Vicar......just really boring

6. Felix. so lame and annoying. hated him. and his special ability sucked to

Spoiler

1) Parvati. So sweet and endearing, optimistic, kind - fantastic voice work. 

2) Nyoka - I love the fact that she seems always high or drunk, even when not in conversations. Great voice work. I was also amused that despite being a "badass hunter" (by her own estimation), she was killed almost *immediately* in my first rapt encounter with her as my companion (Supernova, granted). I reloaded and put her on Passive to help keep her alive, and I glad I did, as she had a pretty lengthy companion quest!

3) Felix - I like how he seems to be someone you could actually meet in real life - a sort of goofy, immature sports fan. I enjoyed his exchanges with the Vicar.

4) Vicar Max - his snotty observations amused me at times, and I liked the way he evolved to be a cool hippie after his hermit-based drug marathon. 

5 - SAM - It never gets old being called "customer" on my own ship, for whatever the reason.

6) - Ellie - ugh - hated her from the start, not sure why. Just one of those characters that I didn't like. I *did* enjoy her exchanges with the Vicar though, so I didn't kick her off the ship.

36 minutes ago, Ommamar said:

So don't use her I feel that topic has been beat to death in another thread.

yes, ill use her or not use her as i see fit, though, that is irrelevant to this topic

this topic, however, was about our favorite companions and i answered it accordingly

dont attempt to dictate my speech

btw, ive only recently joined

Edited by thearmourofGod

There is a search feature.  You can play how you like of course and say as you please as I can reply as I please.  Your stated reason for not liking her has been discussed addendum in another thread so no need to bring it up here.  You can also use and develop Pavarti without ever touching here companion quest it won't effective he ability or development.

there is absolutely no reason for me to search before answering a simple question

again, of course, i can say and do and play as i please

but, to attempt to equate my response to their question in no way resembles your attempt to direct me

how i do or do not use or develop parvati is, again, of no relevance to the question posed

however, i will say this: having discussed our little exchange with my family has proven to be a good teaching moment

for whatever reason you felt the need to respond to me as you did, was inappropriate 

but, no big deal

Edited by thearmourofGod

Oof, hard to say. Right now I'm feeling as follows...

1. Felix
  2. Nyoka
  3. Parvati
  4. SAM
  5. Vicar Max
  6. Ellie

I've touched deeper on each character in this post. Still, for a few more observations here... I think all of them sans Ellie are really close to one another and could easily overtake the other depending on my mood or what I choose to give precedence to at the given moment. I think Max for example is fantastic and really helps develop what I feel is one of the main underlying themes of the game, being that the colony's starvation isn't a physical one so much as an ideological one (hence why what's important about the Hope isn't just the people but the ideas that they bring with them); yet the reason why I don't rate him higher is because I feel the resolution to his personal quest was rather poorly handled. Parvati's lovely but I don't feel she's as central or as committed to the story as Max, Felix or Nyoka were, which is why I rate her a little lower on the list. Ellie's the only one I didn't really care for, as explained in the above post - I felt her nihilism came across as really one-note and I also don't feel like she moved a bit as a character in the entirety of my playthrough. Still, at the very least she provided some good banter with the rest of the crew.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden