Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This game is very poorly optimized and will run with low FPS, horrible stuttering and hitching, and will crash frequently for anyone with An OC. I run at 1440p on all ultra using a 1080 and an 8800k and get can 70-110 FPS in a few areas but in the towns it goes to 45 easily. Couple with the jarring hitching and frame pacing issues that other forums are blowing up about it makes it unenjoyable. I’m even willing to cut them slack on not including a toggle ADS. For now I would advise people to wait to play until they release a patch for optimization, stutters, and crashes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think anyone saying this game runs fine the whole time is oblivious at best. I have seen NUMEROUS hitches and stutters and the newest drivers made zero difference.  My hardware has nothing to with it either as it is not even close to be fully taxed at 1440p with a 1080 ti. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, trek554 said:

I think anyone saying this game runs fine the whole time is oblivious at best. I have seen NUMEROUS hitches and stutters and the newest drivers made zero difference.  My hardware has nothing to with it either as it is not even close to be fully taxed at 1440p with a 1080 ti. 

I see the same thing. I think it's how they're doing the texture streaming. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gawds I hate being the voice of reason! 

Whingers, is this the first PC game you've owned?  Ask yourself how long did you spend trying to tweak in-game settings, let alone nvidia inspector, or amd equivalent?

EDIT: at the time of this post OP's post time was 2 hours ago. others much less...  Little to no hardware list, OS, etc... So was this pure whinge or were you trying to actually solve perf issue???

Edited by Bandy
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got an i5 8300k and a 1080 and I'm running at 4k resolution in fullscreen without any real undue performance issues. There may be something wrong in your software stack, 1440p shouldn't be giving you issues. I am running the newest Nvidia drivers that came out yesterday, if you're not that would be the first thing I'd recommend checking. Other than that, you haven't really provided anyone with the pertinent information about your system for them to help diagnose potential issues.

I am somewhat inured to performance issues, a little frame rate dip here and there don't really bother me or else I'd be running at a lower resolution. That said, your system specs seem like you shouldn't have issues if you don't have something going on in your software stack. You're not running on like, 8gb of RAM or something, are you? You shouldn't be hardware bottlenecked, but you could still have hardware issues, say with heat/an OC... 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got same problem. I'v got 16 GB ram and GF t 1080 4GB. And game seems to use only 4 GB of ram max according to task menager... this is the problem i think. and i do not see anywhere in files option to change ram usage... i would fix it myself 😛

Strange . I turned off manually antialiasing (0). aint a pretty thing but work smooth  now. Really waiting for quick fix.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thread moved to Technical Support.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bandy said:

Gawds I hate being the voice of reason! 

Whingers, is this the first PC game you've owned?  Ask yourself how long did you spend trying to tweak in-game settings, let alone nvidia inspector, or amd equivalent?

EDIT: at the time of this post OP's post time was 2 hours ago. others much less...  Little to no hardware list, OS, etc... So was this pure whinge or were you trying to actually solve perf issue???

 

2 hours ago, Clawdius_Talonious said:

I've got an i5 8300k and a 1080 and I'm running at 4k resolution in fullscreen without any real undue performance issues. There may be something wrong in your software stack, 1440p shouldn't be giving you issues. I am running the newest Nvidia drivers that came out yesterday, if you're not that would be the first thing I'd recommend checking. Other than that, you haven't really provided anyone with the pertinent information about your system for them to help diagnose potential issues.

I am somewhat inured to performance issues, a little frame rate dip here and there don't really bother me or else I'd be running at a lower resolution. That said, your system specs seem like you shouldn't have issues if you don't have something going on in your software stack. You're not running on like, 8gb of RAM or something, are you? You shouldn't be hardware bottlenecked, but you could still have hardware issues, say with heat/an OC... 

 

Imagine being a gamer and accepting a broken product and believe it is your own duty to fix it instead of the company. Smh. I didn’t provide a complete breakdown of everything because there is nothing to diagnose and solve. The issue lies with the game. I’ve been doing this as a long time dudes. I have an 8800k, 1080, 64GB RAM, 2x1TB Samsung evo SSD in raid, did get the latest NVIDIA driving yesterday, and am running things at 1440p with all ultra except screen effects to remove CA and Vaseline. What else would you like to know to help diagnose ya problem? I run a 165hz monitor so im willing to cap my frame rate at like 120 on most games. This game even with everything set to low will only squeak out 118 or so. Everything at ultra and it will be anyone where 70 to low 100s but in towns it tanks. Not to mention all the stuttering and hitching many people have been complaining about. 

Edited by Menalak
Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot complain about FPS, but I have no high standards regarding that (playing in 4K on a 1080). 

What I do get is indeed a lot of annoying streaming-stuttering, especially when dialogues are accessed you notice this. 

I do play from an SSD and have not seen a game do such stream-stuttering for a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ZakKa.dev said:

Run in native fullscreen instead of borderless windowed. This will you give you a huge performance boost. For some reason borderless windowed is the default. 

The problem is that that breaks widescreen support, since the widescreen resolutions only work in 16:9 mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ZakKa.dev said:

Run in native fullscreen instead of borderless windowed. This will you give you a huge performance boost. For some reason borderless windowed is the default. 

The game is not smooth looking at all when panning around in full screen. In borderless window it's almost perfectly smooth panning around with the controller but even then there's a tiny bit of Jitter with the mouse. And I'm getting quite a few frame drops and lots of random hitches with a 9900 K and 1080ti at 1440p. I tried running the game with no frame rate limiter and it actually froze completely up one time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, trek554 said:

The game is not smooth looking at all when panning around in full screen. In borderless window it's almost perfectly smooth panning around with the controller but even then there's a tiny bit of Jitter with the mouse. And I'm getting quite a few frame drops and lots of random hitches with a 9900 K and 1080ti at 1440p. I tried running the game with no frame rate limiter and it actually froze completely up one time.

 

Almost exactly same experience except the freezing.Game has  constant camera hitches/micro stutters.Really apparent when outside in the "world".

As for the camera jitter I managed to reduce it but not completely remove it by lowering the camera sensitivity.

Rig:

1080ti

9900k

970 Evo SSD

ddr4 16gb 3200mhz ram

1080p 144hz 1ms g-sync monitor 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 11 months later...

Game runs like garbage for me no matter what settings I use. The game used to run amazing on launch but I just started a new game and find even on low settings I get barely 60fps without constant issues. I am running an i7-8700 with an RTX 2070, 32gb 3400 ram and a 1tb Samsung SSD. I am well above the recommended specs for this game and cannot understand why the game runs like garbage now compared to launch. I have all latest drivers and have tried fresh reinstalls of the game and even of my drivers.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I also have the RTX 2070 and the game runs pretty bad sometimes. It crashes alot now so im reinstalling it hoping it will help. RTX 2070 is way to good for the stuttering im getting at certain points.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...