When can you play The Outer Worlds?

Greetings colonists! After spending months in hyperspace, we are finally approaching our destination – the Halycon colony. The Board wants to thank you for your mandatory voluntary participation in helping us shape the future of the colony. Please pay attention to this transmission for assistance in understanding when your departure begins.

The Outer Worlds will launch on Xbox, PlayStation 4, and PC and depending on which platform you are playing on, the timing may vary. We have compiled a few maps detailing the release.

If you will be playing the game on PC via the Epic Game Store, Microsoft Windows Store, or through Xbox Game Pass, the game will be available at the following times:

imfMeZa.jpg

This means the game will be available on PC at the following times: 

• October 24, 2019 - 16:00 PDT
  • October 24, 2019 - 19:00 EDT
  • October 24, 2019, 2019 - 20:00 BRT
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 00:00 BST
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 01:00 CEST
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 01:00 SAST
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 02:00 MSK
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 07:00 SGT
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 08:00 JST
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 10:00 AEDT
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 12:00 NZST

If you will be playing the game on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles, the game will be available through a rolling midnight release for most regions:

gERoMwg.jpg

This means the game will be available on consoles at the following times:

• October 24, 2019 - 21:00 PDT
  • October 25, 2019 - 00:00 EDT
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 00:00 BRT
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 00:00 BST
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 00:00 CEST
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 00:00 SAST
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 00:00 MSK
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 00:00 SGT
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 00:00 JST
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 00:00 AEDT
  • October 25, 2019, 2019 - 00:00 NZST

Expect a title update on launch day for those who purchase physical copies of both Xbox and PS4 that will include tweaks and optimization fixes. This patch will be an estimated 38 GB download for Xbox players, and an estimated 18 GB for PS4 players. For digital purchases on both Xbox and PS4, the patch will be included in the pre-load of the game. To experience the game in the best way possible, please make sure to install this update before playing.

Again, we appreciate your cooperation in ensuring the success of the colony as we know you will faithfully carry out your duties.

[DISCLAIMER] The Board is not responsible for death, dismemberment, financial loss, brain damage, unexpected shrinkage, loss of limbs, confusion, delusion, temporary or permanent emotional distress, happiness, wellness, warped time perspectives, inability to carry on average conversations, strong impulses, obsession with science, housing, job mobility, and/or benefits explicability/implicitly and naively stated, and any other general responsibility regarded to anyone except the Board.

• Like 9

Yikes. I'm excited for this game's release, but that 38GB day-one patch on Xbox is going to be a major inconvenience. I pre-ordered the game on physical media so I could avoid a significant download. But judging from the size of this patch, it's going to be the equivalent of downloading the whole game.

I'm way out in the boonies and have to use satellite service for internet, so I have a data cap I need to manage each month (100GB). That day-one patch would wipe out 40% of my data for the month. 

I know it's a bit late in the game, but if there is any way you can guys can scale down the footprint for that patch, I (and I'm sure many others) would greatly appreciate it. Either way, thanks for all your hard work, and I'm sure the game will be amazing.

2 hours ago, Bendok said:

We're about a week from release and still no minimum and recommended system requirements listed anywhere for PC. When are those coming?

I totally second this. Hype is real, but if I have to buy a new OS (Win 10) to play it, it will definitely be out of reach for me. 😕

58 minutes ago, Sir_IZBAK_1st said:

I totally second this. Hype is real, but if I have to buy a new OS (Win 10) to play it, it will definitely be out of reach for me. 😕

You do realize Windows 7 will only be supported for two more months right? Nothing releasing anytime soon will probably be available for less than 10.

I hope y'all know that Munich is not the capital of Germany... ;)

I presume the release dates for Steam are exactly 1 year after the ones shown above?

I can only get it via Steam 'cause I'm on Linux. Like - all the time. It taking its toll...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

10 hours ago, SkoomaSquid said:

Now I'm even more impressed that you haven't upgraded.

I had. Then my hard drive died, and the only OS I had to reinstall on my new drive was Win 8.

12 hours ago, Humanoid said:

^ That, and the Windows 10 upgrade is still free anyway.

Oh yeah? Didn't find it when I tried to do it last time. I will go back to search it.

Update : Thanks humanoid, I fonud it and now i'm back on 10. Game pass, here I come! 🙂

Edited by Sir_IZBAK_1st

Pulled in the 17GB "update" on Xbox last night. I expect another one just prior to release, but cleared next weekend for Outer Worlds exploration. I went through New Vegas several times, so hoping this space themed version goes really well.

oh, Seattle, near Redmond, I understand ... great map

what a treat, 4pm the day before ... work never saw me leave so early on a Thursday

also, PS4 pre-load begins tomorrow: backup for my abysmal inability at WASD; The Outer Worlds isn't, by chance, real-time with pause, screen-edge scrolling, is it ...

All Stop. On Screen.