OT from "Q's to Devs"

I can read between the lines Miss Kitty.

meh you sound like my english teacher :p even if carth DOES rule whats it to you :lol: torch me ill always stay faithful to carth ;)

EDIT: sorry gettin slightly off topic ut it did start off with a resonable question :angry:

meh you sound like my english teacher :p even if carth DOES rule whats it to you :huh: torch me ill always stay faithful to carth ;)

EDIT: sorry gettin slightly off topic ut it did start off with a resonable question :angry:

GAAAAAAAH!!! It's started my brethren!!! TO ARMS!!! TO ARMS!!! :angry:

meh you sound like my english teacher :p even if carth DOES rule whats it to you :huh: torch me ill always stay faithful to carth ;)

GAAAAAAAH!!! It's started my brethren!!! TO ARMS!!! TO ARMS!!! :angry:

you know this is basically all your fault see if you didnt 'read between the lines' and THEN insult me for loving carth then none of this would have happened all your fault repeat after me

ALL YOUR FAULT <_<

oumquatq:

"Wow, do you have a "Needlessly Anal Buddy" that forces you to type that?"

If I were needlessly anal I'd have correct all of the spelling mistakes on that page and in this thread. Instead, I've created spelling buddy who brings spelling errors to the attention of posters in a polite and friendly manner. Some people don

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

SEX

Ok, got your attention now. Lets keep it on-topic, shall we?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm confused. What's wrong with Carth?

There are many, many things wrong with Carth among others:

1. He's a whiny bitch ass pretty boy. He is to Candyman what Squarenix males are to Max Payne.

2. He is THE MOST USELESS party member in the game. Most people would say T3 is, but equipped properly, with some nice upgradeable blasters, the Baragwin Shield, Carbonite Projector, and Flame Thrower, he could kick his share of ass. Plus, not only was he useful for opening the door to the Sith Academy on Taris, but he could also open Master Uthar Wyn's door on Korriban should you be playing a LS character. If that isn't already enough to prove that he is superior to Carth, take into account his excellent repair and computer slicing capabilities. It's all about playing to his strengths. Carth is quasi-useful on the early levels, after that he becomes for lack of a better term 'bantha poodoo.'

3. He's a whiny bitch ass pretty boy.

4. He is made in the image personality-wise of Darth Woo, that is worthy of hate in it's own respect.

5. The Bioweenies made it so that you could only have the pleasure of killing his ass if you were playing as a fem PC, who followed through with the romance dialogues; which is also unfortunately the setting you're most likely to develop a fondness for him. I think this was a mechanism Darth Woo placed in it specifically to justify his whiny bitchassedness. <_<

If that isn't enough for you, I suggest you visit the Carth Hater Club, and Apocalyptic Church of the Anti Carth threads for more reasons to hate him.

;)

P.S. I assume you're an Asimov fan from your screenname, but I could be wrong. Please confirm or allay my suspicions. :p

Oh please stop with the goddamn Carth-discussion. I thought this was a forum thread for posting questions to the developers? So far I've only seen off topic-s***. Enough.

Now; some questions to maintain order. And by the way; I don't care if they have been posted before. Yeah, I'm lazy and don't have the time to check through the other posts.

Dear Obsidian Entertainment;

1: Is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Sith Lords treated as just another game in a franchise or as a totally new product free from the "need to try and surpass the greatness of Bioware who made the game of the year".

2: How much of a sequel is it? Will Revan pop up again in the story? Since we're ONCE AGAIN playing a character with MEMORY LOSS I can't help but draw the conclusion that it's possible that we're dealing with Revan once again.

3: I read in the latest PC Gamer (swedish version) that the companions collected in KotOR2 will be able to go onto adventures of their own. I wonder; how is this going to be done? It sounds like a really cool idea, but I don't know. Is it going to be linked to their "personal quests" and can you, the player, choose to help them out? Or are they just gone until they get back?

4: Bioware did a terrible job (hey, let's face it) and Knights of the Old Republic was nothing more than a Diablo-clone with a Star Wars-theme, a couple of puzzles and dialogue. Will Knights of the Old Republic 2 be more of the same or make for a more roleplaying experience? Will we have *gasp* freedom?

5: There has been some talk that HK47 is returning as a possible party member. Please confirm this as true, since he probably was the only good character to come out from Biowares work.

Anyway; there's no doubt you guys will make a much better job than Bioware. Keep it up.

Oh please stop with the goddamn Carth-discussion. I thought this was a forum thread for posting questions to the developers? So far I've only seen off topic-s***. Enough.

Now; some questions to maintain order. And by the way; I don't care if they have been posted before. Yeah, I'm lazy and don't have the time to check through the other posts.

Dear Obsidian Entertainment;

1: Is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Sith Lords treated as just another game in a franchise or as a totally new product free from the "need to try and surpass the greatness of Bioware who made the game of the year".

2: How much of a sequel is it? Will Revan pop up again in the story? Since we're ONCE AGAIN playing a character with MEMORY LOSS I can't help but draw the conclusion that it's possible that we're dealing with Revan once again.

3: I read in the latest PC Gamer (swedish version) that the companions collected in KotOR2 will be able to go onto adventures of their own. I wonder; how is this going to be done? It sounds like a really cool idea, but I don't know. Is it going to be linked to their "personal quests" and can you, the player, choose to help them out? Or are they just gone until they get back?

4: Bioware did a terrible job (hey, let's face it) and Knights of the Old Republic was nothing more than a Diablo-clone with a Star Wars-theme, a couple of puzzles and dialogue. Will Knights of the Old Republic 2 be more of the same or make for a more roleplaying experience? Will we have *gasp* freedom?

5: There has been some talk that HK47 is returning as a possible party member. Please confirm this as true, since he probably was the only good character to come out from Biowares work.

Anyway; there's no doubt you guys will make a much better job than Bioware. Keep it up.

1. Well, with a name that's first part is the name of the original game what do you think? They've said it will be an original game, but they of course are going to try and outdo the original. Isn't that the point of a sequel? :huh:

2. Yes, Revan does pop up in it some time in the story, the devs have said this. The devs also said that the PC has all his memories, Gamespot or whoever perpetuated that rumor got the statement "He is out of touch with the force" confused with amnesia, don't ask me why. He has all his memories, knows who he is, and is a Jedi from the start. However, he hasn't used the force actively for awhile and is a little rusty, a la Kyle Katarn.

3. I have no idea what that's talking about, hadn't heard anything of the sort.

4. Yes indeed. I think that in this respect KotOR 2 will prove to be better, and the Devs have said this, as well as the party member interaction not being based solely on romance anymore.

5. They have refused to confirm this as of yet, they have however said that either he, or a droid 'similar' to himself will be included somewhere or other.

Hope this helps to put some of your questions to rest until the devs show up and answer them for the umpteenth time; I've been keeping track of this forum more or less from the beginning since it was just a rumor that Obsidian would be doing KotOR 2, so anything I've said the devs said, you can rest assured they said. ;)

P.S. Wow, just looked at your sig, and Mr. big powerful Swedish PC Gaming World Columnist is too lazy to do his own research...what a surprise. :rolleyes:

By the way; Mr Columnist is not too lazy to do any research. Mr Columnist is just very tired and wants his answers answered as good as possible. My work has by the way nothing to do with KotOR2. I'm the retro-columnist of the magazine. Now, how cool ain't that. <_< I'm just a regular gamer.

:rolleyes: Alright then.

Just get tired of people flooding this thread with questions that have been asked time and time again. :huh:

There will be the Pink Ranger lightsaber,

there will be the Red Ranger lightsaber,

there will be the Yellow Ranger lightsaber,

there will be the Blue Ranger lightsaber,

there will be the Green Ranger lightsaber,

and of course there will be the White Ranger lightsaber.

FU said he's a huge fan of the series. :p

Seriously, did you have to post that RIGHT after I said RIP? :blink:

Anyways:

Any chance, if we go under water again, that we won't have to move soooo damn slow? Sea cucumbers were racing past me...

One developer post does not a thread ressurection make. :blink:

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Is the general public allowed at E3? I actually thought about seeing if I could go but it was the same week at my friend's college graduation. Obviously, I went to the graduation... and I got dumped.

Maybe there's a moral there.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Is the general public allowed at E3? I actually thought about seeing if I could go but it was the same week at my friend's college graduation. Obviously, I went to the graduation... and I got dumped.

Maybe there's a moral there.

I don't think so, but there were some people that sure didn't look like gaming industry standard in the footage I saw. <_< I imagine it's just a matter of knowing the right people. :rolleyes: I'm going into the computer industry, so I imagine sooner or later I'll manage to get there myself. ;)

Sony had a contest to allow people to attend E3. Traditionally, you have to be in the "industry" to attend, but with web-comic artists being considered media, more and more people are going that would never have gone before.