Greater Lay on Hands and Scaling With PL

Why doesn't Greater Lay on Hands healing scale with PL like regular LoH?  Because of the inspiration it gives?  Just curious to see if this is a bug or intended.

Have gun will travel.

Why doesn't Greater Lay on Hands healing scale with PL like regular LoH?  Because of the inspiration it gives?  Just curious to see if this is a bug or intended.

it doesn't?? honestly have never paid attention to the scaling before, just assumed it did. the robust inspiration should scale for sure, but i also assumed the healing did, too.

pro tip: it's more efficient to just use lay on hands over greater lay on hands. Even with robust, 2 casts of 1 zeal loh gives more healing than 1 cast of 2 zeal gloh. 

I've just checked this in game, and Greater Lay on Hands' healing and duration does scale with PL for me:

Both 20hp/3s and inspiration's 10hp/3s.

NQNM4qL.png

But (!) keep in mind that it is a rank 3 ability. So it gets a lesser benefit than regular LoH.

For example my lvl 17 herald Pallegina is getting +15% from PL for Greater LoH, because: (6 class_pl - 3 ability rank) * 5%

But if it was unupgraded LoH, it would be +25%, because: (6 class_pl - 1 ability rank) * 5%

So my assumption is: you took Greater LoH when you had 3 class_pl (i.e. sc lvl 5-6 or mc lvl 7-9), and thus have seen no PL bonus right of the bat.

Edited by MaxQuest

I've just checked this in game, and Greater Lay on Hands' healing and duration does scale with PL for me:

Both 20hp/3s and inspiration's 10hp/3s.

NQNM4qL.png

But (!) keep in mind that it is a rank 3 ability. So it gets a lesser benefit than regular LoH.

For example my lvl 17 herald Pallegina is getting +15% from PL for Greater LoH, because: (6 class_pl - 3 ability rank) * 5%

But if it was unupgraded LoH, it would be +25%, because: (6 class_pl - 1 ability rank) * 5%

So my assumption is: you took Greater LoH when you had 3 class_pl (i.e. sc lvl 5-6 or mc lvl 7-9), and thus have seen no PL bonus right of the bat.

I’m a level 8 crusader so that’s it! Thought it was a bug with turn based or something

Although it’s still more healing due to robust, but less efficient. Good for Con afflictions that reduce healing etc

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

pro tip: it's more efficient to just use lay on hands over greater lay on hands. Even with robust, 2 casts of 1 zeal loh gives more healing than 1 cast of 2 zeal gloh.

lay on hands healing doesn't stack with itself, so if you need to heal a lot very quickly, then greater lay on hands can save your bacon in a way that 2x lay on hands cannot (especially since robust gives +2 AR and can potentially give you huge damage reduction boost).

I’m a level 8 crusader so that’s it! Thought it was a bug with turn based or something

Although it’s still more healing due to robust, but less efficient. Good for Con afflictions that reduce healing etc

yeah, my primary use case for greater lay on hands is: on someone who is weakened/enfeebled, or someone who needs emergency help stat.

• Like 1

lay on hands healing doesn't stack with itself, so if you need to heal a lot very quickly, then greater lay on hands can save your bacon in a way that 2x lay on hands cannot (especially since robust gives +2 AR and can potentially give you huge damage reduction boost).

yeah, my primary use case for greater lay on hands is: on someone who is weakened/enfeebled, or someone who needs emergency help stat.

you are correct, if you need on demand healing for a squishy target then gloh is better. but i have a tanky duo character so I only need loh on him even with megabosses.