Arquebus or Dual pistol for Inquisitor

Hello everybody, Im in doubt if choose dual pistol or arquebus as second slot for my Inquisitor (My first slot is Two-handed weapon). Im just lvl 5, i did some tests with both weapon and it seems arquesbus benefits more with normal damage and Flame of Devotion (often both shots from the 2 pistol doesn't reach the damage of single shot of Arquebus)

My question is: How it becomes the damage later in the game? There are certain situation in which i want my inquisitor stay range for a while, should i choose high single damage from arquebus or lower/faster damage from 2 pistols Thanks.

Cheers.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that i choosed to raise DEX to max and PER rather than MIG which is just around 12-14 points. Should i lower DEX a bit in favor of more MIG?

Edited by Carnivalfx

You can keep it there.

You can choose arquebus, then search for "The Red Hand" and "Dragon's Dowry".

I would also recommend to pick up the Ring of Focused Flames especially with Dragon's Dowry (but also with Red Hand).

The arquebus will profit from Two Handed Style like your melee weapon. A little bit of a synergy...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You can keep it there.

I would also recommend to pick up the Ring of Focused Flames especially with Dragon's Dowry (but also with Red Hand).

The arquebus will profit from Two Handed Style like your melee weapon. A little bit of a synergy...

Wait... Two Handed Style affects all twohanded ranged weapons? :blink:

You can keep it there.

Wait... Two Handed Style affects all twohanded ranged weapons? :blink:

See. All weapon stills give buff to ranged weapons as well.
  • Like 1

Hello everybody, Im in doubt if choose dual pistol or arquebus as second slot for my Inquisitor (My first slot is Two-handed weapon). Im just lvl 5, i did some tests with both weapon and it seems arquesbus benefits more with normal damage and Flame of Devotion (often both shots from the 2 pistol doesn't reach the damage of single shot of Arquebus)

both pistols and blunderbusses do less damage than average compared to other ranged weapons on top of having a crappier penetration setup. their main advantage is their single-handedness while also being reloading.

have you considered single-weapon styleing a pistol with the rushed reload weapon modal on? probably much better outcome than dual-wielding two pistols (and you don't even need to pick up the weapon style ability to get use out of it, since crits aren't too useful for guns).

Depends on the gun I'd say.

Single pistol with modal is nice, but not so much for FoD in my opinion. An Arquebus with modal is quite nice (especially Red Hand if you want to get focus really quickly). Good ACC, PEN and dmg per hit - and you can still cancel the (longer) reload in order to do other stuff (Lay on Hands or whatever). Plus: you use Two Handed Style - which is better for the limited FoD uses than attack speed (I mean if it's about "How much dmg and focus do I get from 1 Zeal?").

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Damn, and no mention about it in descriptions. As usually. Definetely Obsidian style.

it literally says "two-handed weapons" which all arquebuses are also described as on their info...

some things in systems should be obfuscated because its built to have depth with character creation and min/maxing so that takes effort on the part of the player to dig into. if everyone could have an broken character because the interface hand held you the whole way we'd have a lot more bored gamers complaining about being bored

but this really isn't buried or obfuscated if i understood it

Edited by Cartoons Plural

Thank you for all the clarifications and the suggestions folks, really appreciated!

I'll continue this way with arquebus and look for those weapons you mentioned.

Can i also ask if is there a decent Two-handed sword early in the game to drop??

Cheers.

I like the two previous comments very much. This is also the approach I take: I have a character in mind, and then I role-play that character, basing my decisions upon what I think is right for that character, not upon what is mathematically most beneficial (i.e. deals the most damage). In PoE and Deadfire, for whatever reason, I am playing a female monk who avoids battle whenever possible. It's been great fun.

Let's face it: you can absolutely succeed in the game with just about any combination of attributes and equipment choices -- you'd really have to go out of your way to create something that doesn't work. And when you simply concentrate on role-playing your character, there's never going to be a moment of frustration when you discover a new item and think, "Oh damn, I should have chosen abilities and proficiencies X, Y and Z, because that would have made me deal so much more damage with this new toy."

And hey, no criticism intended in any of the above. The math-based approach absolutely works, too.

• Like 1