Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Only allow 1 "free action" per round, also action economy a bit unbalanced!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Crumbleton

Crumbleton

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 137 posts
I feel this is needed being able to cast 20 buffs at turn 1 is stupidly powerful.

Maybe allow you to spend an action on an additional buff to forego a regular full turn action.

Being able to buff up so freely is pretty strong and should definitely be looked at though.

Wormerine

Wormerine

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2981 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Maybe. At the same time, buffing does eat up resources which you can't easily get back - buffs usually don't last too long, and if you use multiple ones you will be out of points to use skills. 

Something to be concerned about though. 

SChin

SChin

Product Services Manager

• Developers
  • 822 posts

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the feedback with free actions and buffs in Turn-Based Mode!  If you think of anything else pertaining to this that the devs should know about, please continue to post about it here as I'll be linking this thread to the report as a reference.

Thanks again as always :D

GamerSerg

GamerSerg

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 45 posts

I have to disagree.  Limiting free actions would seriously destroy many builds.  You have to understand that in Real time with pause mode, those free spells cost .4 second because you are supposed to be able to buff up your character in two seconds and get right into the action.  Otherwise your Battlemage type characters who depend on those buffs would spend half the battle just casting buffs and never get into the action.  What fun is that?

Being able to "buff up freely" is how the game has always worked and how the classes and abilities were always designed to be used.  Really it is no different in turn based than it was in real time mode.

Edited by GamerSerg, 09 February 2019 - 12:28 PM.

• Elric Galad likes this

Banjodark

Banjodark

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I have to disagree.  Limiting free actions would seriously destroy many builds.  You have to understand that in Real time with pause mode, those free spells cost .4 second because you are supposed to be able to buff up your character in two seconds and get right into the action.  Otherwise your Battlemage type characters who depend on those buffs would spend half the battle just casting buffs and never get into the action.  What fun is that?

Being able to "buff up freely" is how the game has always worked and how the classes and abilities were always designed to be used.  Really it is no different in turn based than it was in real time mode.

just throwing in my support for this here.

it's really vital to multiple builds to ensure that you can use more than one type of free action a turn, it would be a shame to see this limited, and I can see it weakening some interesting builds because they can never 'get going' fast enough in turn based.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users