Questions the the Devs - Take 2

It's been totally blasted into the ground that the female character at the end, the female character with blonde hair in the E3 demo, the blonde female in the screenshots in dark clothing and looking really pissed while crushing someone is a playable PC face.

The proper, regardless of feminist revisionist nutcases, english way to refer to an indefinite third person is "he". It's been taught to me in english class for many, many years, and every last one of them was a self-respecting woman.

It's also been explicitly stated, on a repeated basis, that it's not proper grammar to say "they". Feel free to say they, or womyn, or whatever... but it's not proper english, and considering what I've heard from the dev's about male/female PC's being a possibility, it looks like that's more or less their logic.

And to extend, most PC/X-box game players are probably male, though perhaps in a slightly lower percentage than other genre's/games.

I guess I'll have to watch it agian. I didn't see any defining moment where it was evidant of a female main character..

go to the sith lords main site and watch the walkthrough video. whoever is talking during the video (just before we learn about force sight) mentions that the charactor he is using in a PC not an NPC.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

:o Does the game use "bump mapping"?

Is there/can there be ligh side romance and a dark side romance?

:o Last game the romance lead to the dark side that kinda wasn't fair. :o

last game you could only romance bastilla if you were light that i saw

He has also made this point in the romance thread. And i agree.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

No, you can romance her as an evil person too. You still get your kiss, and the ever so nice "lover and apprentice" and "utterly yours" lines on top of the temple.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

No, you can romance her as an evil person too. You still get your kiss, and the ever so nice "lover and apprentice" and "utterly yours" lines on top of the temple.

yes but you couldnt go all the way as you could in the LS, and you certainly didnt go down the DS path if you did romance her

Go all the way? "Didn't have to get the holocron," is that what you mean? Because that was the only really different thing from romancing her lightside. And by really different, I mean different at all before the Unknown World (and after that, both sides branch off to totally different paths).

Go all the way?  "Didn't have to get the holocron," is that what you mean?  Because that was the only really different thing from romancing her lightside.  And by really different, I mean different at all before the Unknown World (and after that, both sides branch off to totally different paths).

at the unknown world is what we were talking about, well thats what i was talking about anyway :rolleyes:

You can't tell me that any self-respecting darkside girl ("give in to your passion blah blah blah") would be averse to a little *cough* *cough* *cough*. Especially when the line was lover and apprentice. Not apprentice.

PH34R!!! :ph34r:

Getting Bastila into a romance playing as Dark Side is tough, since so far as I know it cuts off if you're too nasty.

But then, the entire game runs as a crude parody of itself if you play as Dark Side from the beginning. My solution is to play as Light Side until after the revelation of your identity, and then use that as an excuse to play Korriban (the planet where being nasty makes sense and people react appropriately to it) all the way through as Dark Side. That way, you get the Bastila "lover and apprentice" line AND the story makes something resembling sense.

Otherwise, you feel like an actor who's trying to ad lib his lines and gets ignored by the rest of the cast, who stick to the script.

"Oh, I'm sorry Master Jedi, I shouldn't have been so rude."

"Listen, you twit. I'm chalk-white, have more veins showing than a 93 year old heroin addict, and am dressed in solid black. I AM NOT A JEDI!!!"

"Of course, Master Jedi. Visit the Republic embassy since you're on our side."

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

yes but you couldnt go all the way as you could in the LS, and you certainly didnt go down the DS path if you did romance her

This happens for a male character? I never made one... :lol:

Ambrosia3.gif

Is there a fully adjustable movement speed a la Splitner Cell? Instead of that "hold b and run" to walk really fast Bioware added in the second patch.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."