The Red Hand - oh my f-cking God! I am testing a few builds with Maia, and the DPS is ridiculous. I haven't seen anything like it.

Why would I use double blunderbuss or anything else in terms of ranged DPS?!!!

aoe damage from mortars - but you would have to be streetfighter to take advantage of a blunderbuss. 

also aamina's legacy with fast attack modal on is very close in terms of dps to red hand and does best of slash/pierce. 

• Like 1

The Red Hand - oh my f-cking God! I am testing a few builds with Maia, and the DPS is ridiculous. I haven't seen anything like it.

aoe damage from mortars - but you would have to be streetfighter to take advantage of a blunderbuss. 

also aamina's legacy with fast attack modal on is very close in terms of dps to red hand and does best of slash/pierce. 

I am going to run 2 ranged characters and see who prevails: One Red Hand-er and another with Aamina's.

I guess Ranger/Rogue is the best DPS combo for ranged characters? Can anything be better?

I am going to run 2 ranged characters and see who prevails: One Red Hand-er and another with Aamina's.

I guess Ranger/Rogue is the best DPS combo for ranged characters? Can anything be better?

For Red Hand or Aamina's I like Helwalker/Ranger Wanderer. - less full attacks but more passive buffs to take advantage of auto-attacking. For the Hunting bow you could go Shadowdancer Helwalker/Rogue though as you don't need the gun reload bonuses from Ranger. 

Streetfighter Scout is good for aoe mortars, so is streetfighter shadowdancer, because there you will be using more full attacks and going two weapon style instead of two-handed. 

Edited by 1TTFFSSE
  • Like 1

For Red Hand or Aamina's I like Helwalker/Ranger Wanderer. - less full attacks but more passive buffs to take advantage of auto-attacking. For the Hunting bow you could go Shadowdancer Helwalker/Rogue though as you don't need the gun reload bonuses from Ranger. 

I made a dwarf to take advantage of the racial bonuses for Aamina's and it just doesn't seem to hit for that much.  Maybe because he was an pure ascendant chanter and spent more time casting vs. auto attacks?  What am I missing or what should i be doing to max it?

Yes, if I can't do them at level 16, I should give up this game! ;) I was worried about the next run, where I will go PotD.

So what level do you think I can kill Rust with a full party then? 

I usually "run into him" around level 10. By run into him, I mean brutally murder him for his shiny stiletto.

You could probably do it right away though. It's not a terribly difficult fight, but it is a pretty interesting combat encounter. 

Edited by Prince of Lies
  • Like 1

Yes, if I can't do them at level 16, I should give up this game! ;) I was worried about the next run, where I will go PotD.

I usually "run into him" around level 10. By run into him, I mean brutally murder him for his shiny stiletto.

You could probably do it right away though. It's not a terribly difficult fight, but it is a pretty interesting combat encounter. 

Hmm, do dual stiletto builds work well?

Meh.

The other unique stiletto is Azure Blade. (in Hanging Sepulchers). It's pretty lackluster (+Accuracy when allies are nearby), unless you have lots of front-liners in your party or use summons. Even then, you wouldn't use it as your end-game weapon as there are easier/better ways to get +Accuracy.

Rust's Poignard is utilized mostly because of the bonus to Attack Speed that stacks and applies to both hands,  and a fairly decent ability that procs on crit. Rogues with persistent distraction can take advantage of the +Raw Damage vs Flanked. 

I'm currently rocking Modwyr + Rust's Poignard on my Soulblade/Assassin.... Because Modwyr is BAE and my one true love. Nothing says love like maniacal laughter at the beginning of every combat.

T'would probably be more optimal using one of the million sabres out there, but she gets jealous.

Edited by Prince of Lies
  • Like 2

Meh.

The other unique stiletto is Azure Blade. (in Hanging Sepulchers). It's pretty lackluster (+Accuracy when allies are nearby),

unless you have lots of front-liners in your party or use summons. Even then,

you wouldn't use it as your end-game weapon as there are easier/better ways to get +Accuracy.

Rust's Poignard is utilized mostly because of the bonus to Attack Speed that stacks and applies to both hands, and a fairly decent ability that procs on crit. Rogues with persistent distraction can take advantage of the +Raw Damage vs Flanked.

I'm currently rocking Modwyr + Rust's Poignard on my Soulblade/Assassin.... Because Modwyr is BAE and my one true love. Nothing says love like maniacal laughter at the beginning of every combat.

T'would probably be more optimal using one of the million sabres out there, but she gets jealous.

Did they fix the Modwyr bug where you cant talk to it? I shelved it because of that:/

Did they fix the Modwyr bug where you cant talk to it? I shelved it because of that:/

I didn't realize there was a bug. I never ran into it. So, maybe? 

EDIT: Just tried Modwyr with a character I made recently, everything seems to work.

Edited by Prince of Lies

I didn't realize there was a bug. I never ran into it. So, maybe?

EDIT: Just tried Modwyr with a character I made recently, everything seems to work.

Yep. It was a tricky bc they patched the quest so you couldn't just skip ahead and find its owner. To unlock the first tier you have to speak to it, and the dialogue icon wouldn't show up.

Glad to hear it's fixed since I started a new playthrough.

Edited by Verde

When using Aamiina's you have to take care of the lost acuracy and lower penetration (compared to firearms). I recommend the devoted/rogue if it's not your main (the devoted gives armored grace,  +10acc from stance, +15%dmg with mastery, +2pen, +25% crit dmg) because of the low maintenance and great survivability (and unlike a monk you can always add more penetration using a potion).

Monk/rogue is great for the Red Hand however - you have Dance of Death for the accuracy buff and wound regeneration, but you have to keep keep up all the time Lightning Strikes + Thunderous Blows (a helwalker/streetfighter can be an option if it's your main - you can lower yourself your health to 50% using Mortification).

By the way: with 2.1 the Red Hand worked with Cleaving Stance for me (no idea if other ranged weapons work with it as well - am not unsing ranged fighters usually). Is this still working?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

By the way: with 2.1 the Red Hand worked with Cleaving Stance for me (no idea if other ranged weapons work with it as well - am not unsing ranged fighters usually). Is this still working?

Hrm. That is interesting. Wonder if it would work with Blunderbuss + Powder Burns. Must try it tonight!

Started a new playthrough and got Duskfall and Bardatto's Luxury within 3 hrs of playing normally. Can prob get it much earlier than that. I don't know if yall consider them end game weapons but they have served me well in the past.

• Like 1

Started a new playthrough and got Duskfall and Bardatto's Luxury within 3 hrs of playing normally. Can prob get it much earlier than that. I don't know if yall consider them end game weapons but they have served me well in the past.

WTF, LOL! What level were you?

I used Duskfall on my main throughout the game - with Modwyr - so it's end-game for me.

Edited by Lampros

I used Duskfall on my main throughout the game - with Modwyr - so it's end-game for me.

Diplomatic solution :) Lvl 6 (Berath's Blessing).

• Like 1

Diplomatic solution :) Lvl 6 (Berath's Blessing).

Hmm, I might try that. I can go with a diplomatic solution first and then come back at a later levels and kill both houses to get more cash and gear?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I tried attacking him multiple times around level 10-11, and he teleports somewhere every time, and I cannot find him :(