It's not enough if enemies exceed you're engagement slots. They also must come from different angles. Not sure if different angles are enough if there is less of them then your slots. 

That said, recently I've had great difficulty getting my Swashbuckler to be flanked. Even when he's surrounded, enemies often don't cause "Flanked" or you temporarily gain and loose it.

Of course, CC plays a role. But even without it, it's difficult to get and maintain the Flanked status.

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

It's not enough if enemies exceed you're engagement slots. They also must come from different angles. Not sure if different angles are enough if there is less of them then your slots. 

That said, recently I've had great difficulty getting my Swashbuckler to be flanked. Even when he's surrounded, enemies often don't cause "Flanked" or you temporarily gain and loose it.

Of course, CC plays a role. But even without it, it's difficult to get and maintain the Flanked status.

Is that a bug maybe? Because streetfighter becomes more or less bad if you have to stay bloodied all the time, to get the 50% recovery speed. And the 100% crit increase does not work then, when you don't get flanked at the same time.

Sheesh i should have taken trickster instead.

It's easier to get flanked with the per affliction than it is through positioning, which is bad for Streetfighters.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yeah, I stand corrected. As what @Haplok mentioned, the angle of the attackers matters. It appears to be independent of the engagement slots, which only factors in for triggering disengagement attacks in the general sense.

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 1

It's easier to get flanked with the per affliction than it is through positioning, which is bad for Streetfighters.

Except Blunderbuss Scout Streetfighters... those are OP but less fitting the archetype I guess.

Or Bloodied for Shadowdancer Streetfighters (which is superior as you don't have decreased Accuracy and overlaps nicely with Human Racial for extra damage and accuracy)

So how does this work? Do you repeatedly apply Mortification of the Soul till you loose half health? It has 3 sec Recovery, right?

Yes, you just set up AI to spam mortification until bloodied. It's done very quickly (depending on your MIG and CON) and it's definitely worth it.

I have AI set up like this:

1. If you don't have DEX inspiration- Use Swift Strikes/equivalent - CD 10s
  2. If you don't have it active AND it's less than 10 seconds from start of the encounter - Use Dance of Death - CD 10s
  3. If you don't have MIG inspiration- Use Thunderous Blows - CD 10s
  4. If you aren't bloodied - Use Mortification of Soul - no CD

1-3 is done instantly, 4. takes a bit of time but increased MIG from Thunderous Blows and extra might from wounds (helwalker) should allow you to reach Bloodied in 2 casts, and these 2 casts are accelerated by Swift Strikes. In the meantime Dance of Death generates accuracy and extra wounds.

The other way how to do it is running Nalpazca and abusing the fact Drug Crash prevents all healing (including out-of-combat recovery) so you just do it once and you're bloodied until next drug/rest. The downside is that you cannot be healed unless you remove Drug Crash.

This is much better than inflicting PER affliction on yourself, because it doesn't decrease accuracy, it allows you to use PER inspiration and it's much more reliable. The downside is that you are more fragile

Edited by Somnium_Meum
  • Like 1

Interesting. In case of Wizard, I've found the prebuff annoying. For me this would also be the case here I guess. Plus once you're done, you attack fast & furious... but can die in a split second I guess (particularly with a Helwalker).

Well, it is very squishy build that focuses on doing as much damage as possible. There are many ways to "fix" the issue, one of most obvious one is using ranged weapon with 12m range.

Another possibility is to use Pistol with Bash Shield, i personally use Scordeo's Trophy with Tuotilo's Palm and Sharpshooter's Garb. With this setup you still gain full DW recovery bonus AND you get great deflection bonus from shield. Coupled with Sharpshooter's Garb, you get very high deflection against ranged attacks as well as amazing reflex due to natively high DEX/PER, shield bonuses and Rogue talents. Furthermore i have AI that uses Smoke Bomb if the character gets near-death (which is super reliable because pistos have no recovery and character has enough deflection to be uncrittable)

• Like 1

Huh. This is weird, because I feel it’s always been pretty easy to get my streetfighter flanked.

But that’s playing solo (where everyone attacks you), which makes it a lot easier. And I liberally use Escape to teleport into the middle of groups of foes to get the flanked condition.

Maybe that explains the difference?...

Edited by whimper

I guess solo might. I also sometimes rush between the enemies... but perhaps in a party they can't decide... switch targets they threat... and you loose Flanked.

I play solo and still it does not happen always.

Have you tried playing with Escape to teleport into the middle of groups? (I find I need the do this sometimes when the arrangement inadvertently puts them in a bottleneck where only one or two can reach me, and from the same direction.)

The main obstacles to getting flanked I’ve run into, I think, are (1) when fighting ranged-attack opponents that don’t engage, and (2) fighting just one big boss opponent. In those cases I usually just have to wait to get bloodied...

: P