This needs to end...

Katphood

Tragic.

I actually watched the entire clip waiting for a reson why an 11 year old couldnt just get out of the car. Was she mentally challenged? Asleep?

https://nypost.com/2018/08/28/11-year-old-girl-dies-after-being-left-in-hot-car-cops/

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How do you even forget a child is in the car?

Sleep deprivation and exhaustion, usually. I'm not sure anyone who has not raised children can really comprehend the constant focus it takes when they are infants. It's a 24/7 job to keep them alive in the early years, and even as they age, there is a constant fear factor when doing things we take for granted as adults. Throw in all the distractions and other responsibilities of the modern world, and it's pretty daunting. I have to remind my 8-year old to poop regularly.

Having a special needs child is even more of a stress. Imagine, that parent has spent the last 11 years being completely focused on keeping the child alive. It's tragic that such a small mistake has such devastating consequences. 

Every car needs a solar panel embedded in the roof that is used to power a thermostat-controlled cooling system of some sort. It should be ubiquitous, like seat belts and air bags.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Well, the governments(be it that of Iran or the U.S) prefer dead people to live ones, it will cost them a whole lot less money to simply bury someone instead of feeding them.

NWO is real yo!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Every car needs a solar panel embedded in the roof that is used to power a thermostat-controlled cooling system of some sort. It should be ubiquitous, like seat belts and air bags.

That's the dumbest idea in the history of dumb ideas maybe ever.

Those are the kind of ideas that come up when you allow empathy based solution before common sense solutions.

Well, the idea probably wouldn't work, unless either solar panels are much more efficient or cooling systems are much less energy intensive than I believe either to be. Even so, there's a difference between an impractical idea and one that is dumb. "Common sense" too often means restricting yourself to what you expect to work, without examining why you expect it to work (and so how we could make something else work).

Its one of those issues thats sounds dramatic but in reality "only" accounts for 37 deaths per year on average in the US. I mean, sure, we can invest billions in a "solution" but it seems kind of a tempest in a teapot.

It is fun to think up solutions to problems like this though.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra