KOTOR 2 Dismemberment Poll

Would u like to see dismemberment in Kotor 2?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Would u like to see dismemberment in Kotor 2?

• Absolutely!!
    • Hell No, this isn't jedi outcast
    • Yes, as long as its random when it happens
    • Yes, as long as its a force power,"force dismemberment"
    • Yes, as a cheat once u have beaten the game
    • who cares

noting that most said "Absolutely" here... :huh:

@ opus: well yeah, he was sliced in half, but even with the cauterization- shouldn't his guts have been falling all over the place? B)

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

^good point

as far as darth maul's guts spilling out when he got chopped in half...well maybe the lightsaber just instantly cauterized the wounds, so no guts could spill out. :rolleyes: :ph34r:

Yes, and I had the idea recently whilst reading in the other thread where someone mentioned Boromir continuing to fight with ten arrows in his chest....what if say, to get around the problem of "Ooh, crap, they cut off my saber hand, how am I gonna fight them now" you had to finish them with force powers, as it's rather hard to continue to use your lightsaber without your saberhand, unless perhaps you manipulated it with the force; but I can see someone still being able to zap somone to death with Force Lightning, or slam them against the wall a la Jedi Knight, weapons hand or  no hand.  Then they can have a nice cut scene of you getting a robotic limb replacement. 

Good or bad idea?

I like, I like...but do you think that 'upgrades' for your hand should be included? (Such as ones that increse 'to hit', dex or strength etc.)

manthing2.jpg

Yes, and I had the idea recently whilst reading in the other thread where someone mentioned Boromir continuing to fight with ten arrows in his chest....what if say, to get around the problem of "Ooh, crap, they cut off my saber hand, how am I gonna fight them now" you had to finish them with force powers, as it's rather hard to continue to use your lightsaber without your saberhand, unless perhaps you manipulated it with the force; but I can see someone still being able to zap somone to death with Force Lightning, or slam them against the wall a la Jedi Knight, weapons hand or

Yes, and I had the idea recently whilst reading in the other thread where someone mentioned Boromir continuing to fight with ten arrows in his chest....what if say, to get around the problem of "Ooh, crap, they cut off my saber hand, how am I gonna fight them now" you had to finish them with force powers, as it's rather hard to continue to use your lightsaber without your saberhand, unless perhaps you manipulated it with the force; but I can see someone still being able to zap somone to death with Force Lightning, or slam them against the wall a la Jedi Knight, weapons hand or
manthing2.jpg

I voted "Hell no".. Let's face it: it's not like the average american kid doesn't get to watch enough violence without KotOR 2 adding to the heap. Why isn't it enough that you slaughter hundreds of people in a game, why do you have to dismember them too to be satisfied?

Maybe it should be activated/deactivated in the options menu? So if you like to chop people apart, then you have it activated. or else, just leave it off

I voted "Hell no".. Let's face it: it's not like the average american kid doesn't get to watch enough violence without KotOR 2 adding to the heap. Why isn't it enough that you slaughter hundreds of people in a game, why do you have to dismember them too to be satisfied?

Maybe it should be activated/deactivated in the options menu? So if you like to chop people apart, then you have it activated. or else, just leave it off

Perhaps...kinda like the 'Gore level' options in NwN.

manthing2.jpg

as far as darth maul's guts spilling out when he got chopped in half...well maybe the lightsaber just instantly cauterized the wounds, so no guts could spill out. ;) :ph34r:

Or alternatively Darth Lucas wanted kiddies to be allowed into see his film so they would all go out and buy Jar Jar toys afterwards, so Darth Maul's species just miraculously happened to have guts that vaporised the moment they were exposed to oxygen... ;)

The only one who's ever looked like he died from a lightsaber injury was Darth Maul...

Qui-Gon Jinn was practically impaled by Darth Mual's lightsaber. He sure as hell looked like he died from a lightsaber wound to me. <_<

Cheers!

weheeeelll... if I was a sith lord, i wouldn't just pull the saber back out, y'see? I'd pull it out sideways, ripping ol' qui-gon open. but that's just ol' me i guess. :)

Or alternatively Darth Lucas wanted kiddies to be allowed into see his film so they would all go out and buy Jar Jar toys afterwards, so Darth Maul's species just miraculously happened to have guts that vaporised the moment they were exposed to oxygen

he could've sold tons of darth maul pinatas though. i thought they'd digitally put the internals back in for the mexican market- but nooooooooo. aww.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

I think dismemberment would be a really bad idea. Mostly because if it happened with any frequency at all to your opponents, it'd also have to happen to you. Well, you say, you could always get a prostethic. But, if you're going to be getting your own limbs chopped off regularly, as well as regularly chopping off opponents limbs, your going to need visiting the medical bay on the Ebon Hawk regularly. Or are you just going to carry around a bunch of spare parts?

Another thing, if we would have limb dismemberment, then most likely also have head dismemberment as well. I don't about you, I don't care to be taken out because some Sith Trooper just got lucky.

Sorry, but the whole idea is silly. So, no.

Titan:

"just curious!! i loved it in outcast, but i really think it would be rad as a force power. just hold your hand up towards a dark jedi, and watch their arms going flying off their body. now that would be entertaining!!"

More likely, the Dark Jedi would be doing this to you. I don't see this as a Light Side power.

"as far as darth maul's guts spilling out when he got chopped in half...well maybe the lightsaber just instantly cauterized the wounds, so no guts could spill out."

You can cauterize the circulatory system but you'd have to pinch together a length of small intestine in order to seal it that way. (Think sausages) But even if they did manage to cauterize all the wounds, his viscera would still fall out because they're be nothing holding them in

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I still think Tarantino should have been the director for the prequels.

:D

Imagine the Arena scenes in EPII made by Tarantino...

They wouldn't have had enough fake blood and limbs in all of Hollywood. :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, but Jules Windu would rock. :)

manthing2.jpg

Yeah, but picture all the horrible dialog too...

They wouldn't have had enough fake blood and limbs in all of Hollywood. ;)

Yeah, but picture all the horrible dialog too...

Oh, you mean like this:

"The path of the Light Side is beset on all sides by the inequities of the Neimodians and the tyranny of the Sith Lords. The Force is with he who, in the name of the Light and the path of the Jedi, shepherds the weak through the Valley of Dark Lords, for he is truly his padawan's keeper and a finder of lost younglings. And I will strike down with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to attract my fellows Jedi to the Dark Side. And you will know that the Force is a strong allay when I lay my vengeance upon thee"

manthing2.jpg

They could do it like Fallout's critical hits animations.

Think about it:

Random Sith Soldier : 50 hp

You (high level character perhaps) hit him for 70 hp, basically insta-killing him

Since you're attack was overkill they could show some kind of cool death animation where his body falls in half or his arm falls off. It wouldn't really have an affect on the gameplay but it would show that he was pretty much outclassed and decimated.