In my current playthrough Pallegina betrayed the Duks and failed her mission in PoE1. She has personality traits that puts her at odds with every story-companion except Aloth.

I was wondering if she would have different personality-traits if she followed orders or if she was pardoned for a successful outcome despite her betrayal in PoE1?

Edited by EmilAmundsen

I don't think she does, because she feels pretty similarly either way about the Vailains and herself.

I unfortunately missed out on her relationships with other companions, but I thought her and Maia would have potential to get along because of the dutiful stuff. Also I know that if you force them to stay around each other for long enough, Pallegina eventually gets along with Tekehu.

• Like 1

Well sometimes Serafen gets on her nerves but overall they have pretty non-confrontational banters?

Oth she and Maia didn't seem to get along; Maia was always like "hey vailian i bet i could beat your ass". I didn't have them very long in the party so I don't know if that's how all of their banters look lile.

• Like 1

Oth she and Maia didn't seem to get along; Maia was always like "hey vailian i bet i could beat your ass". I didn't have them very long in the party so I don't know if that's how all of their banters look lile.

I have traveled a lot with those two in my cirrent laythrough and didn't see any major interaction as of yet. Theyr devotion to oposite faction put the at odds, but reputation wise they seem to get along.

• Like 1

I have traveled a lot with those two in my cirrent laythrough and didn't see any major interaction as of yet. Theyr devotion to oposite faction put the at odds, but reputation wise they seem to get along.

Has to do with the details of how they set up the reputations.

Maia has Pro-Rauatai favored and Pro-Huana disfavored.  Stuff affecting the other factions doesn't move her needle.  One could conclude that she respects the VTC/Principi as adversaries, but thinks that the Huana are to blame for their situation due to their disunity and general backwardsness.

Pallegina has Pro-VTC favored, but none of her other preferences are faction-based.  (She saves her ire for religious pro-Godlike racists.) 

There's some room for mutual respect here.  Mostly in their shared devotion to dunking on Tekehu. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've imported both kinds of saves, one where Pallegina fulfilled her orders, and another where she disobeyed. (I thought I was doing the Right Thing there by encouraging her to disobey, and was very happy to see that while the consequences to the Dyrwood were good, the personal consequences to Pallegina herself were terrible. Should've seen that coming, bravo Obsidian! :) )

Anyway, no, her personality doesn't change either way. She's much too bull-headed to have little things like being disgraced get in the way of doing what she thinks is right.

Also, on my first playthrough, I had her and Tekehu in the party for quite a long while. It was great to see how they clashed, especially about what being a godlike meant to them. I thought one of them would surely leave the party... but was truly surprised and touched when they became, if not actual friends, at least people who respect each other. Another bravo for that last bit of banter dialogue.

• Like 3