So ghost heart ranger doesnt synergies with chanter summons

Man i am so pissed off

Just restarted my play-through with this build and summoning chanter summons cancels out the ghost heart ranger pet

OMG

not cool 

this is a bug obvisouly

ive reported it

Edited by Teclis23
  • Like 1

Well - the summoning rule is widely known - but it is not consistent anyways: when you kill a vessel or spirit with Grave Calling or Hel Beckoning or kill any enemy marked by the Essence Interruptor the game doesn't care for your summon limit and you can have dozens of minions.

So for the sake of all Ghost Heart/Beckoner lovers I would change this behaviour so that the summoned Animal Companion doesn't count towards the limit.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Advice for those who feel the need to attack or insult another poster:

Don't.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You can change the behaviour so the ghost heart pet doesnt count ? How?

This is something I'm pretty sure could be done with a mod. You should post a request for it in the modding forum (the folks over there are really terrific :)).

Well if you want a good strategy with ranger/chanter, don't pick ghost heart be a sharpshooter. Use your pet to run circles around the enemies, while your chanter summons extra minions.

Edited by Elizer

The OP doesn't seem to be wanting suggestions for how to make a better GH-Ranger / Chanter? If OP wants suggestions and a move is warrented, I'll do it, but that doesn't seem to me to be what this thread is about.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hm?

I meant because the thread mainly evolves around game mechanics and in my opinion fits better into a froum where game mechanics get discussed most of the time - with potential spoilers. If you think that the General Discussion Forum is better then that's ok with me.

It wasn*t meant as a punishment or something - I just thought it's easier to discuss game mechanics without the need for spoiler tags.

I noticed that Teclis23 opened several threads around mechanics and char builds in the General Discussions Forum where it's difficult to talk about such things without spoilers.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You may be right.  All I was saying is that I see this as a complaint thread, not a mechanics thread (ie the OP wants to vent their frustration more than anything else).  I could be wrong, hence why I'd rather wait for the OP to clarify.