New Achievements for 2.0 (with one VERY big spoiler)

Five new cheevos were enabled sometime today.  :thumbsup:

At least two of them are DLC related and more than a wee little bit spoily in regards to one of them:

31af61e0979fdd4667bc1499793449aa7da7f161
Well that was Easy...   Defeat the Messenger.

8a3de955d7ddff440bab9bcd38b8e75f18951636
Traveler of the Void    Decide the fate of Inquisitor Naxiva, St. Waidwen, and King Wingauro o Watūri I.

Here are the three "hidden" ones, thanks to the Global Gameplay Stats over at Steam :

76d744ac8c0bdf68d668c6508f5d04f2451b43ab

0%
This Time with Feeling Defeat Neriscyrlas.

40633d6640b1c347946dcedd0f472f02b917657c

0%
Null and Void    Escape the White Void.
e07e2d89596a3e0db0a3c8097a08badde95b4f11

0%
Following Certain Death   Enter the Beyond.

They're not in the achivements.stringtable yet, so I don't know what those last three do.  I'll edit this post/update the thread when I do know.

Edited in the descriptions from another source. 

So, yes, all DLC related. 

===

"Decide the fate of St. Waidwen".  YiBe40t.png YiBe40t.png YiBe40t.png

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire
  • Like 2

I'm trying not to get too hyped, but I'm so excited! :D

What kind of achievements are typically hidden? I don't usually focus on them.

For the base game, it was each of the encounters with Eothas after the one in Port Maje.  In other words, completing the first three two acts and then a cheevo for winning the game.  No idea how that'd translate to this DLC.

edited.

Also dealing with the two Dragon encounters was a hidden achievement, I believe.  Don't know why I thought a cheevo was given for finishing Act Three.  I guess most people got that for finishing a faction quest line.

• Like 1

Speculation The Holy Word of Nemnok:

Neriscyrlas is the Messenger and also the dragon that constantly escapes Rymrgand's realm to be pulled back, as mentioned in the trailer. The first time we defeat her it's easy (as the achievement says) because she's probably also fighting Rymrgand's tug. The second time we defeat her in Rymrgand's realm, killing her for good and preventing her from widening the gap with her constant escapes.

• Like 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Speculation The Holy Word of Nemnok:

Neriscyrlas is the Messenger and also the dragon that constantly escapes Rymrgand's realm to be pulled back, as mentioned in the trailer. The first time we defeat her it's easy (as the achievement says) because she's probably also fighting Rymrgand's tug. The second time we defeat her in Rymrgand's realm, killing her for good and preventing her from widening the gap with her constant escapes.

Really, I was kinda hoping it'd be about a musical. :(

Since "This time with feeling" is nearly the same as "once more with feeling" which describes a second encounter, I'd say you're almost certainly correct.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Poor Eder though.  He's starting to reach "O'Brien Must Suffer"*  levels of angst when it comes to dealing with things. :lol:  First all the crapola he went through to find out what his brother was up to, before coming up empty.  Then all of the trauma he went through to find his ex-lover and then dealing with the not-actually-his-son-after-all but still-feels-responsible-for-him situation.

And in the middle of all of THAT he gets to deal with St. Waidwen (or at least he will on my first playthrough  :dancing: ).

At this rate he's gonna give poor ol' Miles O'Brien a run for a his money by the time the Pillars franchise is over. :lol:

* Google the term if one isn't familiar with this piece of Deep Space Nine lore. 

• Like 1

For the characters named in "Decide the fate of", I think we can speculate all of them to be leaders of some import, considering there's St. Waidwen and a fellow whose a king among the three.

For "Inquisitor Naxiva", considering the scepter in the achievement image and the title of "inquisitor", I imagine Naxiva'll be connected to Aedyr and a ranking member of the church of Woedica/Steel Garotte. As Aedyr's described as a feudalized country, someone ranked highly enough could control quite a bit of resources through his/her vassals.

Wingauro o Waturi's obviously an aumaua name, so probably a Huana chieftain. Could be Rauataian, but the king bit basically renders that option moot. There's an arrogant Mataru fellow called Waturi on Sayuka who could be a connected to him, but it's a stretch.

Waidwen doesn't need anymore introduction, though I expect some good reactivity should Eder meet him.

For "Inquisitor Naxiva", considering the scepter in the achievement image and the title of "inquisitor", I imagine Naxiva'll be connected to Aedyr and a ranking member of the church of Woedica/Steel Garotte. As Aedyr's described as a feudalized country, someone ranked highly enough could control quite a bit of resources through his/her vassals.

Someone you knew back when you were an Inquisitor for Thaos and tracking down Iovara
  • Like 3

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Someone you knew back when you were an Inquisitor for Thaos and tracking down Iovara

Huh, didn't think of that possibility. Though that'd mean you either meet their soul stuck in Rymrgand's realm for centuries, awaken their reincarnated soul from someone trapped there, or they survived alive in Rymrgand's realm for several centuries, which'd mean Kith stop aging in there.

I don't see the devs returning to the well wrapped-up Thaos/Iovara plot as PoE1's finale was all about finally putting your soul's past to rest, so I wonder how they'd implement that.

Huh, didn't think of that possibility. Though that'd mean you either meet their soul stuck in Rymrgand's realm for centuries, awaken their reincarnated soul from someone trapped there, or they survived alive in Rymrgand's realm for several centuries, which'd mean Kith stop aging in there.

I don't see the devs returning to the well wrapped-up Thaos/Iovara plot as PoE1's finale was all about finally putting your soul's past to rest, so I wonder how they'd implement that.

more likely it is the soul fragment of rymrgand's realm not yet breakdown completely

reenacting these important event from their life

• Like 2

They said they wouldn't do steam achievements for the gnarliest achievements (like triple crown solo), so as to not give the achievement hunters an aneurysm.

But I wanted to start a new Playthrough with Triple Crown + Solo + Berath's Challenge + Magran's Challenge today. Do you get at least anything ingame for completing these new challenges (like points for Berath's Blessings)?

Funny you see that as “well wrapped up” when I was expecting to see more of it in Deadfire. You know nothing about your previous life outside of Thaos and Iovara (and relatively little about that).

Waidwen was dead long before the events of P1 (both Eder and Durance help establish this) and it’s been 5 years since *then* so clearly time isn’t a big factor there.

Also, I’ll be very disappointed of this king isn’t a monarch from Ukaizo

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

They said they wouldn't do steam achievements for the gnarliest achievements (like triple crown solo), so as to not give the achievement hunters an aneurysm.

But I wanted to start a new Playthrough with Triple Crown + Solo + Berath's Challenge + Magran's Challenge today. Do you get at least anything ingame for completing these new challenges (like points for Berath's Blessings)?

Is there something saying that you can’t? All we know is that there won’t be an achievement for doing so (whatever “Obsidian recognition” thing they have planned hasn’t been announced)

Funny you see that as “well wrapped up” when I was expecting to see more of it in Deadfire. You know nothing about your previous life outside of Thaos and Iovara (and relatively little about that).

Waidwen was dead long before the events of P1 (both Eder and Durance help establish this) and it’s been 5 years since *then* so clearly time isn’t a big factor there.

The reason I see it as well wrapped up is because the whole point of the ending is freeing yourself from the burdens of said life. We could learn more about it, true, but it shouldn't be as part of/connected to the Thaos/Iovara plot.

I somehow momentarily forgot about Waidwen being blown up, and have thus dishonored myself, my family and all that I love. Which indeed makes it pretty clear time isn't a factor, though I wonder why and in what manner those three'll be stuck in Rymrgand's realm. Is it just their souls, or are they actually in there bodily? How/Why did Waidwen (and the others) end up in Rymrgand's realm after their death, or is it just a way of the gods to get rid of troublemakers permanently? I also wonder what Waidwen'll be like without Eothas influencing him.

Waturi being an ancient Monarch'd fit perfectly, whether it's a monarch from Ukaizo/the ancient Huana, or a leader of early Rauatai.

• Like 2

there's always room for a little side-story, a closer look at the Inquisition and some such. Ooh maybe even a ghost Thaos

The reason I see it as well wrapped up is because the whole point of the ending is freeing yourself from the burdens of said life. We could learn more about it, true, but it shouldn't be as part of/connected to the Thaos/Iovara plot.

I somehow momentarily forgot about Waidwen being blown up, and have thus dishonored myself, my family and all that I love. Which indeed makes it pretty clear time isn't a factor, though I wonder why and in what manner those three'll be stuck in Rymrgand's realm. Is it just their souls, or are they actually in there bodily? How/Why did Waidwen (and the others) end up in Rymrgand's realm after their death, or is it just a way of the gods to get rid of troublemakers permanently? I also wonder what Waidwen'll be like without Eothas influencing him.

Waturi being an ancient Monarch'd fit perfectly, whether it's a monarch from Ukaizo/the ancient Huana, or a leader of early Rauatai.

Well, you did what you had to to resolve your Awakening. I’m still holding out hope for the part where we find out that you rebelled against Thaos, helped create Eothas, and became one of his Favored.