Gift of Hope

omgFIREBALLS

Question

Hey, I'll try to keep this brief. Gift of Hope is a datamined permanent buff that according to the description is given to you by Eothas. However, I have yet to hear of someone actually getting it. To me it feels like you should receive this at Hasongo if you weren't doing **** things in PoE1 (Gift from the Machine, Effigy's Resentment), however this is not the case.

I would just like to know if this buff is supposed to actually be available, and if so, if you could confirm the delivery mechanism for it is working. And if it is working, we could use a clue as to how to get it ;)

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

6 answers to this question

I would also like the scoop on this.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Hey, I'll try to keep this brief. Gift of Hope is a datamined permanent buff that according to the description is given to you by Eothas. However, I have yet to hear of someone actually getting it. To me it feels like you should receive this at Hasongo if you weren't doing **** things in PoE1 (Gift from the Machine, Effigy's Resentment), however this is not the case.

I would just like to know if this buff is supposed to actually be available, and if so, if you could confirm the delivery mechanism for it is working. And if it is working, we could use a clue as to how to get it ;)

If someone can check its availability, then please write to this thread. Many thanks. At the moment this skill is most likely cut out, all my playing time on patch 1.1 consists exclusively of searching for inaccessible content, I would really like that all this was in the game too.

• Like 2

bump for interest

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Bump. I'm not trying to hold datamined information against you, but currently there are only talent rewards for evil acts; two from PoE1 and the mutiny one - if you somehow can't feed your crew you can take them off duty in Neketaka long before they mutiny if you have an ounce of compassion in you.

Furthermore if you ally with the druids near Sayuka there's this ceremony that really sounds like you should get a talent, a blessing from Galawain. As it happens, Savage Cunning sounds and looks like a perfect fit (Galawain and +survival match well). From a game design perspective it also feels appropriate with a reward like that since doing their bidding is nothing short of a declaration of war against the RDC.

Nobody seems to know what the benefit for aiding Woedica at the end of PoE1 is. Soul-Power seems made for this.

I realize that without the datamined talents, very few would realize things might be amiss here, and neither do these probably-bugs break anything, they just make a few decisions less rewarding. Still, a "They're available and working as intended but you're not getting any clues ;)" or "They're bugged but it's a really low priority fix for now" would be far better than continued silence.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Also interested in this, and everything listed in the thread linked below:

If someone can check its availability, then please write to this thread. Many thanks.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus