[1.1beta] Xoti Lantern buff

klajton

Question

Xoti Lantern buff was nerfed. It's ok, but it still not works as intended. Without Xoti in team my main character and companions (not all) have permanent Xoti Lantern buff active - with minimal value 5 percent of magic resistance. When she is in the team only she has correct value of magic resistance.

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

I experienced this issue in 1.02 and reported it. Hope it can be addressed as once the permanent buff's on your character, the Unity Console mod is the only way to get rid of it (and most players are probably unaware of it.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I experienced this issue in 1.02 and reported it. Hope it can be addressed as once the permanent buff's on your character, the Unity Console mod is the only way to get rid of it (and most players are probably unaware of it.)

I did that when it happened to me and as I said in another dedicated thread, removing the buff worked aesthetically but after testing I saw I could still resist magic without having the lantern anywhere near me (and nothing else granting magic immunity), so YMMV. It would also be a lot harder to test now since it's enemy-only spell resistance.

• Like 1

I've tried unity console, but I cannot find this ability on the list, although it appears in character sheet. I Itried to add it and then remove but this doesn't works - it simply didn't show. I think that waiting for patch and praying is all I can do. 

Hey all,

Thanks for the posts! As mentioned, we do have this bug in our system for Xoti's Lantern currently under investigation. Appreciate letting us know its still showing up in 1.1.

Best,

-Caleb

• Like 1

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Hey all,

Thanks for the posts! As mentioned, we do have this bug in our system for Xoti's Lantern currently under investigation. Appreciate letting us know its still showing up in 1.1.

Best,

-Caleb

I don't know if it helps in searching for answer but I noticed that are 2 auras which are provided by Xoti lantern:

1. Xoti Lantern - wchich gives wrong and permanent magic resistance (even without Xoti)

2. Light of the Dawnstar - it gives accurate magic resistance and as far as I notice not permanent

It's easy to notice if you hover mouse over PC or companion portrait. Each character gets one. Maybe this will help.

Hello thread. If you are still encountering this issue, is there any way you can attach a .zip file to this thread with your save game included? I'm trying to track down this specific buff and a save game where you're seeing this would help out tremendously. Harlath, thank you for sending the e-mail, but I wasn't able to retrieve your save from there at this time. Again, thank you for any files you can send our way.

--Doug.