It's too late! Eld Engwith was a bad example and Vela is a full on druggie. At least now I know why she acts so weird when I talk to her.

Background to this. I accidentally noticed I can pickpocket my crew, because switching to on-deck view, I didn't notice that my PC was in sneak mode. When I tried talking to one of them, the pickpocket window opened instead. Am I a bad person for seeing what all my other crew members have in their pockets? I honestly was just hoping *ONE* of them would carry sugar so I can make that blasted second packet of candied nuts. I swear, sugar seems to be the most rare resource in the Deadfire. >_<

Fittingly, Aloth was just worrying about Vela having learned a bad word from Serafen. 

post-23369-0-81838500-1526853806_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

I am proud to say that in our graduation yearbook, I was voted to be the most likely of my class to Communicate with Cows.

Did you know if you made a slingshot completely fashioned out of badgers and shot a peanut into outer space you could blow up the sun?

I know.  Watcher, my ***. How about - watch your kid? Oh, and don't get me started about raising your kid on a pirate ship...  :lol:

It can't be worse than carrying her in your bag in the final event of WM Part 2. ;)

Yes, this whole child abduction thing has so many pitfalls. Who knew?

• Like 8

Personally, I blame the parent.

Preposterous! My watcher would never lead their child, received through ab-doption to use drugs. 

Now some nice Mead, that is another story. I wonder if they have mead from pine honey on Eora. Or maybe from Orangeflower honey. Or from Lindenflower honey.

Grieving Mother. She should have told us. :facepalm:

I'm still not quite sure if she wasn't high on some weird soul drug after all, and just making up that whole birthing bell story as a cover.

• Like 1

I am proud to say that in our graduation yearbook, I was voted to be the most likely of my class to Communicate with Cows.

Did you know if you made a slingshot completely fashioned out of badgers and shot a peanut into outer space you could blow up the sun?

I'm still not quite sure if she wasn't high on some weird soul drug after all, and just making up that whole birthing bell story as a cover.

Bells and chimes = Berath

and I'm not saying that Grieving Mother is Berath...but...

Edited by morhilane
  • Like 5

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Bells and chimes = Berath

and I'm not saying that Grieving Mother is Berath...but...

That's now my headcanon.

• Like 2

Yea, judging from all the companions banter with Vela the Watcher is just terrible - doesn't teach her anything useful, treats her like a servant. And doesn't talk to her at all for whatever reason (devs ran out of money probably). So, better leave her alone in POE1, she'd be better off as a tribe leader than some errand girl.

Yea, judging from all the companions banter with Vela the Watcher is just terrible - doesn't teach her anything useful, treats her like a servant. And doesn't talk to her at all for whatever reason (devs ran out of money probably). So, better leave her alone in POE1, she'd be better off as a tribe leader than some errand girl.

She's well paid in ale and ripple sponge.

• Like 2

It should be easy to add a few more lines of dialogue, at least. Vela calling the watcher Mom/Dad for example. If she is supposed to be treated like a servant, then it's essentially Orlan slavery and companions that don't like racism should react to it.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

It should be easy to add a few more lines of dialogue, at least. Vela calling the watcher Mom/Dad for example. If she is supposed to be treated like a servant, then it's essentially Orlan slavery and companions that don't like racism should react to it.

Well, Serafen has a banter with her concerning something about it.

I know.  Watcher, my ***. How about - watch your kid? Oh, and don't get me started about raising your kid on a pirate ship...  :lol:

Yea, living on a pirate ship is...tight. Btw, does she sleep in captain's quarters? Cuz if she is I think I know what the Watcher actually teaches her with all those romance hungry companions coming to visit  :facepalm:

• Like 1

Yea, living on a pirate ship is...tight. Btw, does she sleep in captain's quarters? Cuz if she is I think I know what the Watcher actually teaches her with all those romance hungry companions coming to visit  :facepalm:

Watcher: Vela, you have the next watch - get up in the crows nest!

Vela: (Muttering) you're supposed to be the watcher ... 

• Like 2

- If she sleeps in your room, you expose her to the rabid companions

- If you send her to the menagerie, you'll be accused of treating her like an animal

- If you leave her with the crew, she becomes a drunk and a drug addict

- If you send her away from the ship, it's child abandonment

It's a no-win situation. :banghead:

• Like 4

sign.jpg

- If she sleeps in your room, you expose her to the rabid companions

- If you send her to the menagerie, you'll be accused of treating her like an animal

- If you leave her with the crew, she becomes a drunk and a drug addict

- If you send her away from the ship, it's child abandonment

It's a no-win situation. :banghead:

Yeah, but they're only young once. Enjoy it while it lasts. These are the wonder years. :wub:

Edited by Yonjuro