I was helping assassination all along?!

I thought Maia and other two agent are just spying, I didn't expected they are assassin! Now I almost complete her quest( she killed her target ), is there no way to stop other two?

I still have a save file where Maia haven't go back to Citadel to report her success of delivery, if I don't complete her mission from that point, will other two still kill their target?

• Like 2

One thing I haven't tried is removing Maia from the party, then butchering her friends. It would probably turn the towns they're in hostile, though. 

No idea if it would affect the ending slides, but for someone who really wants the targets to survive, it may be worth a shot. 

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

Yep, if you get to the ending slides you will see that the people who were assassinated was the mayor of Port Maje and Tikawara leader.

lol, I finished her quest and her boss told me that everyone did their mission successfully and I did Tikawara after that and the leader was still very much alive.

• Like 2

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Yep, if you get to the ending slides you will see that the people who were assassinated was the mayor of Port Maje and Tikawara leader.

lol, I finished her quest and her boss told me that everyone did their mission successfully and I did Tikawara after that and the leader was still very much alive.

That's Correct. Their orders are not to strike until the endgame/Ukaizo begins. 

It's not "kill this person immediately", but "kill this person when it might matter".

Edited by Parasol_Syndicate
  • Like 4

What part of "ending slides" did you miss?

• Like 1

Apparently you can flop her mission at Port Maje and Tikawara.

At Port Maje, just give her the note without taking care of the stalker.

At Tikawara, get into a fight and get the dude killed.

TBH, it's best if the guy at Tikawara dies as he's a horrible leader, completely banking everything on the vailian giving his people money so none of them can starve despite the villagers already trying to find solution.

• Like 8

TBH, it's best if the guy at Tikawara dies as he's a horrible leader, completely banking everything on the vailian giving his people money so none of them can starve despite the villagers already trying to find solution.

I think there's a chance he still dies if you give the priestess the notes from Poko Kohara.

The two at port Maje aren't much better. 

The Huana chieftain won't admit her people ever commit fault (engaging in robbery, for example) and holds the humans in open contempt. 

The Valian is a weak bureaucrat who's just trying to curry favor with his superiors. 

Rauitai has questionable methods, but gets results. 

The Huana chieftain won't admit her people ever commit fault (engaging in robbery, for example) and holds the humans in open contempt. 

The Valian is a weak bureaucrat who's just trying to curry favor with his superiors. 

what robbery? 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Huana are ignorant of the other kith way of life and most of them hold outsiders in contempt. So what, shoot all of them? Huana leader told her daughter to go out and learn more about the Vailians but the girl didn't learn anything from that fight & robbery until you explain it to her. Also, that guy whom she beat was a **** too. And btw, it's not that leader who got killed, it was Tikawara's leader.

Vailian will just be replaced with somebody else.

So Rauataians didn't accomplish anything good with their blunt tactics. And they did it not because those people where bad, but because they were affiliated with their rival - VRC. It all comes down to fight for territory, except that Rautaians can't trade for ****, only shoot people. But what would you expect from militaristic tin heads who wish to assimilate the region by force?

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

There was no robbery dude, she won against him at cards and he threw a hissy fit, so she rightfully smacked him in the face.

• Like 7

There was no robbery dude, she won against him at cards and he threw a hissy fit, so she rightfully smacked him in the face.

oh that one  :lol:

and he lie to us like twice about it....

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

If you return to the place later, everything was actually doing way better. Supply were returning and both side were back on great term and trading well again.

The Rauitai ends up breaking that just to make sure these people are fighting again.

• Like 1

I was told in-game that everyone completed their missions successfully. The person assassinated is still alive after the mission is successfully completed.  There is a problem with the narrative.

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I was told in-game that everyone completed their missions successfully. The person assassinated is still alive after the mission is successfully completed.  There is a problem with the narrative.

No one said that those were the assassins and that their mission was to perform the assassination. They very well could have just been spies receiving orders, and the successful accomplishment of those missions results in future assassination missions for them or others.

You'll note that Maia gets an order to perform an assassination, and she just goes, does it, and comes back. No spying. And her order isn't received while she's at the assassination point.

Edited by hippofant

No one said that those were the assassins and that their mission was to perform the assassination. They very well could have just been spies receiving orders, and the successful accomplishment of those missions results in future assassination missions for them or others.

Except that if you don't complete Maia's quest those two npcs will have other ending slides. So yea, her missives were definitely assassination orders or ground work for assassinations. 

And Maia is not only a spy but an assassin as well, so her going to assassinate somebody is just another order from the brass, nothing new to her.

Except that if you don't complete Maia's quest those two npcs will have other ending slides. So yea, her missives were definitely assassination orders or ground work for assassinations. 

And Maia is not only a spy but an assassin as well, so her going to assassinate somebody is just another order from the brass, nothing new to her.

do you know what happen if you don't do her quest? 

Elderly Hive Dweller

She robbed nobody. She was defrauded by a cheater and simply obtained her goods back when it was discovered. In Vailian political world, what she did is only robbery because she didn't report him to the authorities (due to the authorities bias against her kind). In Huana society, what she did wasn't even illegal in the slightest if not for the fact that he's thee equivalent of a Kotaru.

Rinco is a liar and a cheat, and was the one who instigated the fight and committed the theft.

• Like 9

She robbed nobody. She was defrauded by a cheater and simply obtained her goods back when it was discovered. In Vailian political world, what she did is only robbery because she didn't report him to the authorities (due to the authorities bias against her kind). In Huana society, what she did wasn't even illegal in the slightest if not for the fact that he's thee equivalent of a Kotaru.

Rinco is a liar and a cheat, and was the one who instigated the fight and committed the theft.

Port Maje has ceased to be a Huana village. Their Chieftain hasn't realized the political realities of this. 

Valians acting under Valian law (and loopholes), Huana living as they always have. 

This is a potental weakness, one the RDC will willingly exploit and supplant. 

Port Maje has ceased to be a Huana village. Their Chieftain hasn't realized the political realities of this. 

Valians acting under Valian law (and loopholes), Huana living as they always have. 

This is a potental weakness, one the RDC will willingly exploit and supplant. 

That's why I hate RDC. Valian and Huana might not accept each other very well but at least there is peace and prosperity, then RDC purposely bring chaos for their own gain. 

• Like 2

do you know what happen if you don't do her quest? 

Well in my Huana ending everyone still got along. Pallegina got screwed over so bad she had to go back to defiance bay though. I almost felt bad.

Edited by Ryz009