Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hurlshort

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hurlshort

  1. Hurlshort replied to Krookie's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Is it pretty obvious when someone is hit? How is the range?
  2. Hurlshort replied to Krookie's topic in Way Off-Topic
    It looks like a BB gun to me, you say they have tiny paintball pellets that allow you to shoot people? I loved paintball in High School. Are the paint pellets effective? Are they way more painful?
  3. WoW is not as bad as EQ2, that game was a serious resource hog. I agree that D&D seems to be a bit of a racket. They don't really have serious server strain because they are instancing everything, so the upkeep should be way less than traditional MMORPG's. They should be able to follow the Guild Wars model. Hopefully they'll release a ton of content every month, that's they only justification for monthly fees. WoW, AC, DAoC all released free content on a regular basis. Expansion packs were typically above and beyond just content, and I think they are definitely worh it. EQ does seem to be milking it though. Every 6 months is crazy.
  4. I'm pretty sure the economics of running a MMORPG have been argued ad nauseum. I'm amazed that people still bring that up. Games are a business. The monthly fee is extremely necessary. Blizzard might not really need it, since they've sold a billion copies, but an average MMORPG has to pay for servers and staff every month in order to keep the world going. Get over the monthly fee, it's not going anywhere.
  5. I go to bed at 9 PM and wake up at 5 AM. I'm at work from about 6:45 AM until about 4 PM. Luckily I am a morning person, but it's still very hard to get up at 5 AM. It feels like I get a ton of sleep when I wake up at 7 AM instead, and then I still have a whole day ahead. I have no clue why I'm typing this. What was the topic again?
  6. I tend to only play WoW on the weekends. It can definitely be a time sink, and I hate feeling like I've wasted my precious free time during the week. During the weekends, I can wake up in the morning and play for a few hours before my wife gets up, and then I don't feel I've lost much of my day. The current MMORPG is all about sinking time into certain activities. WoW makes it a bit more entertaining, but there is still some grinding. You just have to be satisfied with short term goals. I played EVE, but it's definitely an aquired taste. It just didn't reel me in. I also keep telling myself I should play Guild Wars again, but I feel like it's just WoW minus a few things.
  7. It's a pretty basic "shoot everything" type of game. After an hour of killing Indians, I actually quit and never picked it up again.
  8. Take Razor! He's insane, but he gets super good after awhile. I remwemver playing through my first game with MD as well. Kid was whiny, but he was an awesome doctor for the price, and he learned to shoot well after a bit. Steroids is great for the comedy factor.
  9. I'd save your money. Did you get a chance to play the beta? It wasn't bad, but it's really watered down D&D. Actually, it's much more of an action-RPG than I could handle. You have access to all the great D&D skills, but I felt so rushed in a fight I rarely used any. If your reflexes are good then it might be better. It's also all instanced dungeons, so you really need friends to play with. WoW is top of the class for MMORPG's. If you played and enjoyed other MMORPG's, then there is a very high chance you'll enjoy WoW. It's not for everyone. Actually, many people play it for an insane amount of hours and then say it was horrible because they levelled too fast. I always wonder...were they just miserable during all those hours?
  10. Uh, and Ray Liotta. That alone was worth the price of admission for VC.
  11. From a development standpoint, it's better to have a combat system that is overly simplistic then one that is too complicated. People are much more comfortable breezing through a game then they are getting stuck and not really understanding what is happening.
  12. Personally, I think Morgoth is a corporate plant, but the game does look rather cool. Do you need to play Gothic 1 to enjoy Gothic 2? I'm thinking about picking one of them up.
  13. Eh, it's more like a traffic violation than a felony. Sure, you might have to go to Driver's Ed. for a Saturday, but it will be wiped from your record after that.
  14. Oooh, a PM! Post it!
  15. Hurlshort replied to Lucius's topic in Way Off-Topic
    A Mazda RX-8 would be nice...and actually pretty affordable.
  16. But Vice City has 80's music! Actually I think VC was worth it just for the motorcycles. GTA3 led the way though. Scrapland was not out before it. The PC version was out much later than the PS2 version, but honestly, it was the first of its kind on the consoles. It's less remarkable on the PC just because PC games already had games with the freedom.
  17. My dad is thinking about getting me an Xbox360 just so I can play him in DoA. I guess he needs someone online he can actually beat. Ninja Gaiden kicked my butt too...that game was super hard.
  18. Eh, I accidently kill friends all the time. There's even a bug on the 64 player games where some friends show up with red names. I killed my teammate a couple times before I learned that.
  19. I don't get why people come on to a forum and assume everyone here is your buddy. I don't know who you are, we've never had an actual conversation, so don't beggar yourself on these boards. If you have friends on these boards, take it to a PM.
  20. Oh, the 2 girls from Jade Empire. That's the closest I'll ever get to a threesome for $50.
  21. Current RPG's are expected to have a large emphasis on story and character development. While almost any game puts you in a role, and many genres have stats, very few focus on just telling a story. Of course, adventure games do the same thing, but I think if there is little to no combat, it fits the adventure game genre.
  22. Happy New Year! And we move out of the year of the co--, err, Rooster.
  23. I've got a huge Jagged Alliance 1 and 2 list... 1. Ice 2. Hitman 3. Snake (They killed him off for the sequel) 4. Grunty 5. Magic 6. Fox (unstable women make the best comments) 7. Lynx 8. All the psychos from that second rate merc company (They all were good with knives) 9. The surfer guy...Scully? 10. Fidel...oh, he should be higher...he's right under Ice really. But he was not as cool in JA2. In JA he killed one of my merc girls overnight for bewing obnoxious.
  24. Everyone who keeps listing Morte needs to pay homage to the first talking skull. Murray the Demonic skull from Monkey Island. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_charact...c_talking_skull
  25. Hurlshort replied to ~Di's topic in Way Off-Topic
    I think it's all about price at this point. If you have the disposable income, there's no reason not to get an LCD, but most people don't have money lying around.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.