Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Agiel

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Agiel

  1. I'm 50 hours into Mankind Divided and only just now finished the Swiss Alps. However, that may be because I insist on contriving double takedowns for all the guards and hacking _everything_ including all the alarm panels and TVs and radios in areas in which all the guards are now in cuddle piles (or stuffed in air vents) for maximum XP.
  2. FINALLY got the last mission in Terror at Sea campaign. Lost track of how many attempts it took. Final time was glacier slow - 10:04 but no casualties! The time I managed to beat it I made the mistake of sending a team down to the middle deck using the middle stairwell and they found themselves surrounded on 3 sides by the guys with vests and M4s. Thankfully liberal application of 5.7mm to the tune of 900 RPM got them out of that jam.
  3. https://youtu.be/dW83U4bkC_k?t=1m5s Would have been awesome to see a similar tour of those Mk. 26 Ticonderoga cruisers that were decommissioned.
  4. Congratulations to Sir Nils Olav for making Brigadier:
  5. Documentary based on Eric Schlosser's "Command and Control": Recommend also David E. Hoffman's "The Dead Hand." Be warned, however, they can make for rather depressing reads.
  6. "Trump's change of heart on amnesty Is sure to be a hit From border wall to open door Watch Coulter lose her s***" Courtesy of Rick Wilson.
  7. Bill Burr, again:
  8. Can't quite remember if I had posted this idea earlier in this thread, but if I have I think it bears repeating: A Devil May Cry/Bayonetta-esque action game where you play as an Eldar Harlequin.
  9. As Bill Burr noted, the problem isn't big cars and not enough jobs, it's too many damn people. And not as in too many foreigners coming in, too many damn people on the planet, period. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp3nsgTQNiI
  10. Associated Press, Reuters, the Atlantic, New York Times, Washington Post, Le Monde, Al Jazeera, BBC. I also have a subscription to Stratfor.
  11. My apartment has become the designated cat shelter. In addition to one of my roommate's cat which I have to take care of while he's out East for the weekend, my parents left their cat with me to take care of while they remodel their house. On top of that, my landlady left a cat for me to take care of for a few days while we try and find a new owner for her; her previous owner had decided to move back to Iran, only for her to be placed under house arrest upon returning (her family suspects that this was an effort to shake her down for a significant bribe due to her extended stay in the US). Where's LadyCrimson when you need her?
  12. I have three problems with dialogue wheel. 1, Needless obfuscation: written "yes", says "sure". 2, When the short written sentence doesn't match what my character says and/or does. 3, When the dialogue wheel is used to hide my lack of choice. Two or more written choices, but they all lead to my character saying/doing the same thing. #2 and #3 really are the worst. It's crazy how often it seems to be done, though. bring up #2 and #3 is why we got banned from bioware. complained 'bout how frequent #3 were happening in mass effect, so chris priestly locks thread-- insists that our complaints could lead to spoilers. no actual spoilers, but potential were too great. okie dokie. so then a dragon age dialogue wheel thread gets started by somebody other than Gromnir. no possibility o spoilers, yes? we get banned 'cause priestly told us we should "drop it," and we ignored his directive. *shrug* no big loss, but we bring up to show just how little the dialogue o' the dialogue wheel has changed. dialogue wheel has been broken from the start. minor improvements have not improved the dialogue wheel enough to make it worth the trouble. for a game with enormous amounts o' dialogue, the dialogue wheel is a developer time/resource saver, but somehow it gets sold as a boon to role-play. is pt barnum game design. HA! Good Fun! I would say that Eidos Montreal probably did the dialogue wheel the best for their take on the Deus Ex games. They do bother to give you at least a sentence long summation of whatever dialogue decision you make that's at least 95% in line with what you had in mind when you clicked that option.
  13. I got some random compliments from ladies walking down the street or working cash registers when I grew my mane out (and we're talking about half-way down my back). Unfortunately I'm scrawny enough that whenever I wore slim pants I'd also occasionally get mistaken for a lady from behind
  14. A blast from the past with soundtrack courtesy of Vangelis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz3ECzpu6CQ
  15. I also seem to remember Warp Spiders wiping the floor with Terminator squads 1vs1 in the original Dawn of War. God knows I had my share of laughs when my favourite space elf ninja clowns soloed Grey Knights in Dark Crusade (which may be lore accurate given that a Shadowseer and a Death Jester were able to wreck the faces of the Adeptus Custodes in one 40K novel).
  16. I'd rather that the crowd that wanted to "stick it" to the "experts and elitists" didn't stake human civilisation to make their point. Particularly so when the city I live in would probably have a warhead allocation that would almost break into the triple digits. Again, from the article above:
  17. Keep in mind that he had no idea what a nuclear triad was, and had proposed this approach on how to handle arms reduction negotiations: The past eight years have done quite a lot to exhibit how utterly feeble the Executive branch is in effecting domestic policy, but the one area in which it holds terrifyingly unilateral power is employment of the strategic arsenal. If the Minuteman III and Ohio missile crews are turning keys, they do so under the assumption that PAVE PAWS, Cobra Dane, and Fylingdales is tracking ballistic missile contacts that just cleared the horizon, and not that Rosie O'Donnell is on a goodwill trip in Beijing.
  18. While the merits of such a project are debatable, let it not be said that was perceived as such a wholly terrible prospect from the onset:
  19. That's true. Another name for that is sell out. I sympathize with Sander's predicament, but he always said his movement is more than him. The Sanders supporters need to ask themselves, "Do we hate Trump so much that we're willing to back the candidate who embodies the political machinery we've stated we hate in politics today." Sure, most of them will. Perhaps a huge number, but I think Hillary will fall short of the 90% stated support she had before this whole thing broke out. It's hard for folks to deny the essential flaw in her character, namely corruption. Sanders is clearly settling for what concessions he can get on the front end in lieu of the chance for real long term organizational change. Real and lasting change also kind of starts at home. Want viable alternatives to the Democrats and the Republicans? Stop electing the incumbent State Representatives and Senators at a whopping 95% rate.
  20. Well at least Sanders is being a trooper.
  21. One of my managers was let go today, the reason given being "redundancy" (his position was merged with that of another department supervisor). I can't say I particularly liked dealing with him as compared to my other supes, but as I get what it's like being laid-off I can't say I would have wished that fate on him either, even when our manager-worker relationship was at its most strained. The supe who took on his former responsibilities went to some lengths to convince us that our jobs wouldn't be affected for the foreseeable future, but I wasn't totally convinced. It was also a source of some distress since the last rec meeting gave us the impression that things couldn't be going better for the company. So I resolved to make sure I wasn't doing anything that could even remotely be construed as malingering (forgoing the occasional stream watching on my computer, coming back from lunch promptly on time, and cutting the socialising with co-workers outside of breaks). I even went on Indeed to get a gauge on what my job prospects were like in case things were to suddenly and catastrophically go south, and luckily in the case of that eventuality there wasn't really a dearth of employment opportunities in my field.
  22. Only thing Melania's speech was missing was: "Make sure to buy a copy of my husband's book 'Dreams from My Father.'"
  23. The biggest mark against her in my book is the email scandal, however almost anything is better than handing the keys to 1500 offensive strategic warheads on 5 minute alert to a man who doesn't know what a nuclear triad is, let alone someone who had this to say on how to handle arms reduction negotiations:
  24. I'm going to speculate some maladjusted loser who would latch on to any cause to justify his social grudges and destructive tendencies. After all, I've batted almost a thousand with that bet.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.