Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BruceVC

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BruceVC

  1. I see he doesnt mention CNN, he specifically says CBS, NBC and ABC We dont get any of those in SA so I have no idea if they are bias. I just know Trump makes the media scrutinze him....with his new campaign advisors hopefully this should change Bruce, along with the six or seven specific examples of CNN's pro-Hillary bias I've already linked for you in this thread and it's predecessors, let me say, anecdotally, it's not for nothing we call it the "Clinton News Network" in these parts. Yes, many people on this forum who dont watch CNN think its biased but its not as biased as people believe Another example is that Corey Lewandowski is a regular commentator for the Trump campaign on CNN, he is much better than I thought. He knows a lot and does a good job for Trump despite how Trump offends people
  2. I see he doesnt mention CNN, he specifically says CBS, NBC and ABC We dont get any of those in SA so I have no idea if they are bias. I just know Trump makes the media scrutinze him....with his new campaign advisors hopefully this should change
  3. Well done USA for winning the most medals but the UK also did exceptionally well Compared to the last couple of Olympics how did Russia do now that they couldn't just dope ?I wonder if they did as well?
  4. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-campaign-manager-kellyanne-conway-advises-authentic/story?id=41483593 Again some irony around the Trump campaign, his entire campaign until a week ago had some of the worst polling data any candidate could ask for. This is partly a direct result of his misplaced " I tell it how it is " and " I dont believe in being PC .....that is for the weak and craven. I am Trump...I dont need to be PC " I have heard for months from some Trump supporters how Trumps way is the best way but we have seen several influence Trump inner circle members resign or get fired, people like Corey Lewandowski and Paul Manafort and the person now brought in as the public face of the Trump campaign....a women, Kellyanne Conway Of course this is the right decision and the best way to attempt to salvage Trumps image, just the suggestion that a group of alpha male men could be the best face of the Trump campaign was ridiculous to begin with. I watched her on CNN today, she is obviously good but I think its too late to change most peoples views on Trump But this development raises a more important question , are the days of Trumps " I dont believe in PC " over ? Because Kellyanne is all about PC. I hope its over, the suggestion that being PC is somehow wrong always use to surprise me and it definitely hasnt helped the Trump campaign at this stage
  5. Let me try explain it a different way Lets say when your daughter was 8 she had a puppy that she really loved. You take the dogs for a walk and sometimes you take the dogs into the bush and there is this very high waterfall One day your daughters dog accidently falls into the waterfall and drowns but it takes about 1 minute to drown before the water pulls it under and the whole time you have to hear the dog yelping in fear but eventually it succumbs to the strong water currents Are you going to tell your daughter her dog suffered before it drowned? Wouldn't you actually lie, if she asked, and say something like " your dog didn't suffer, it was a terrible accident but it didnt know any fear before it drowned in the waterfall " The story is just an analogy, the point being many of us do sometimes lie in life so as to not hurt someones feelings
  6. But why should people believe something that isn't true when you say " people's lives are geting worse " ? This is the greatest era of mankind, this is a fact. We can cure more diseases, people live longer, more people are pulled out of living in extreme poverty than ever before, more people are educated than ever before and we recognize the rights of all people and previously marginalized groups ..human dignity matters. And these are just a few reasons why we live in the greatest age of mankind The human race is advancing....not going backwards
  7. They are definitely tough, even the little ones. She survived more than a month after the incident. The weird psychology of it is, her owner, my friend of twenty-five years, told me she 'fell'. I had known what actually happened since July. Today was a good car day. Up close and personal with a silver VW e-Golf and a black Ferrari 430. You can see your friend not telling you the whole truth in a positive way, they may not have wanted to upset you because they care about you? I have done that before, you dont want to unnecessarily upset someone due to a tragedy that cant be changed. So you tell them what you think will be less upsetting, when people do this they genuinely mean well...but it can be misunderstood and seen in a negative way Hmmm, minimizing your involvement in a situation and lying "to spare" the other party. Your humanity knows no limits BVC. I on the other hand would be pissed to know they tried to cover it up, but I'm a bastard like that. Its actualy got nothing to with " minimizing your involvement ".....its not about the friend trying to avoid anything The person doesn't tell the whole truth because the full truth will be more painful, or so they think, and since the tragedy cant be changed why add to overall negative reality ?
  8. They are definitely tough, even the little ones. She survived more than a month after the incident. The weird psychology of it is, her owner, my friend of twenty-five years, told me she 'fell'. I had known what actually happened since July. Today was a good car day. Up close and personal with a silver VW e-Golf and a black Ferrari 430. You can see your friend not telling you the whole truth in a positive way, they may not have wanted to upset you because they care about you? I have done that before, you dont want to unnecessarily upset someone due to a tragedy that cant be changed. So you tell them what you think will be less upsetting, when people do this they genuinely mean well...but it can be misunderstood and seen in a negative way
  9. The news networks I watch are CNN, Sky, BBC and Al-Jazeera At work my customers always have the financial channels on like CNBC, Bloomberg or Reuters so I watch a fair amount of that at work I read the Economist, Time and local newspapers And I follow several local radio talk shows but thats more for domestic news around political developments
  10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWsNpMvKfw Guys you must watch this interview, but watch from the second minute if you want to see an awkward moment
  11. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/21/dont-look-now-but-barack-obama-is-suddenly-popular/ GD you should also consider the fact Obama is on a 50-55 % overall approval rating, this is much higher than Bush was at the same time of his second term So people would be more critical of Bush, he was more disliked ?
  12. Golly Gee Willikers! He done gone native! I guess all Americans should vote for Mr. Trump now! I see, Trump has decided to embrace political correctness now. http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video/trump-i-regret-sometimes-saying-the-wrong-thing/vp-BBvNfNC Yes so Trump says he feels " remorse for certain words he has used and where his words have hurt people " For me its not enough for Trump to make vague general apologies for " using the wrong words ". He needs to give specific examples where he feels he has offended people or the " apology " means nothing
  13. Thats terrible, sorry to hear
  14. I watched this but after the interview she did clarify she did think Hilary is honest
  15. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/black-voters-trump_us_57a4a2a1e4b021fd98784a42 Trump is polling at 1% for African American voters ...he is doing better than I thought to be honest
  16. Your trolling is getting more and more obvious. Are you okay? Maybe you should take a break. Play some games. It's important to take care of yourself. Geez...sorry for asking a question, someones in a good mood
  17. Your trolling is getting more and more obvious. Are you okay? Maybe you should take a break. Play some games. It's important to take care of yourself. Bruce always paint himself as someone who knows how people in <insert random country last stripper he met come from> live and think, nothing new here Correct, why should I not consider strippers from East European countries representative of there country? Thats sexist, a stripper from Czech is still Czech
  18. Most people... tend to have a decent grasp on their mother tongue, you do realize that, right? Not necessarily, I know many people who cant write English properly? The key to understand how bad things truly are in South Africa. As for citizenship, there has to be a stake in it. It's defines itself differently in different countries, but without anything in stake, there is no point of safeguarding it or defending it. If there is no point in defending it, then what is the point of enforcing it in the first place other than power of ruling over you? If the latter, then it will collapse on itself sooner or later. That's why Alumni is right by trying to invoke the common expression of his fellow citizens. But do you guys consider yourselves a country? Most people think Finland is Sweden...which citizenship do you identify with?
  19. Most people... tend to have a decent grasp on their mother tongue, you do realize that, right? Not necessarily, I know many people who cant write English properly?
  20. Interesting. In this vein, allow me to take a shot at explaining the Hungarian spirit - or, at least, borrow the words of someone better qualified than I am. "Fura dolognak látszik talán, vereséget megünnepelni, de hát aki a győzelmét ünnepelhette volna itt most, a hatalmas ottomán világbirodalom, már nem volt meg. A tatároknak is nyomuk veszett, sőt időközben, szinte a szemünk láttára, a szívós Habsburg-császárságnak is. Megszoktuk hát, hogy egyedül ünnepelgessük vesztett nagy csatáinkat, melyeket túléltünk. Talán azt is megszoktuk, hogy a vereséget izgalmasabb, sűrűbb anyagból való és fontosabb dolognak tartsuk a győzelemnél - mindenesetre igazibb tulajdonunknak." My terrible terrible attempt at translation: "It may seem curious to celebrate a defeat, but those who could've celebrated their victory now, the mighty Ottoman Empire, no longer existed. The Tatars disappeared as well; in the meantime, almost right before our eyes, even the tenacious Habsburg Empire did the same. So we've gotten used to being the only ones celebrating the great battles we lost, the ones we survived. Maybe we've even gotten used to thinking of defeat as something more interesting and important than victory, made of a thicker substance - or, at least, as something we own in a truer fashion." I have to say your Hungarian is very good
  21. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." I would add "rule of law" to that. If you want a longer answer, read "Tales of the South Pacific" by James Michener. Unfortunately we've already lost most of that, fools never realize what they have until it's gone. You the first person who responded with a real answer about your views
  22. Be honest You will have some very interesting views that I wont try to predict ....there is no right or wrong
  23. Guys this is an excellent time for those of us who are prepared to be honest about what matters to us that defines as citizens of the countries ? In other words lets say you live in the USA and feel that the independence of the states from any Federal interference is paramount than say " I believe being American is about no Federal interference " If for example you live in Denmark you may say " I believe Danish people should accept more refugees " There is no right or wrong answer, this is your personal views on what matters to your view of a citizen This exercise is about people understanding certain real or perhaps unnecessary views they have on the state of there country Think about the answers carefully, you should be honest
  24. WOD this whole issue people have with changes to flags is really unnecessary, if you can be honest about the reality of the 2016 Lets be honest most people think a flag symbolically represents the nation, they place real value in it and think changes to it should only seen as negative. But what about changes to a flag to make it inclusive ? So changing the USA flag positive way would you support that? Like this? Actually if Puerto Rico ever votes to become a state we will get a new flag. Unless we kick one of the others out first. You know California has been a real pill to put up with lately. GD I'm surprised you didnt respond to the question I asked WOD? What defines being American to you ? What matters ....what cannot change and what needs to ? This is a very important question...I am going to make a separate post about this
  25. WOD this whole issue people have with changes to flags is really unnecessary, if you can be honest about the reality of the 2016 Lets be honest most people think a flag symbolically represents the nation, they place real value in it and think changes to it should only seen as negative. But what about changes to a flag to make it inclusive ? So changing the USA flag positive way would you support that? Yes, we should change it to the white flag of surrender. You see you are responding in a way where you think the USA is defined by the flag but please forget the flag for a moment Here is an interesting question, what defines the USA for you? What matters to you ...what would be unacceptable as a social change

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.