Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alanschu

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by alanschu

  1. alanschu replied to Sturm's topic in Way Off-Topic
    To my experience, there's even less contact in basketball than in football (soccer to the heathens in the west). Unless you play in a true bush league.. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> If you play close to the net (low post) you can expect to spend the majority of the game bumping into opposing players jostling for position. If you're guarding someone that has an excellent shot and is the focus of the offense, you can expect to run through many picks, often multple times per possession. When defensive rebounding, players are supposed to put a body on their defender. It's called the box out and it helps to ensure that the team can get the rebound. Actually, rebounding in general can be pretty vicious. Ironically, I find it the opposite to your assessment, in that it is the lower quality leagues that have less contact. Usually those leagues are more likely to be in it just for the fun. Each time I moved up into a higher quality league as I grew up, the games got more physically demanding. As I wasn't a particularly big kid in high school, pretty much every game had my arms being extremely sore from putting up arm bars and getting physical while playing defense.
  2. alanschu replied to Sturm's topic in Way Off-Topic
    As someone that has played basketball for 12 years, I can safely say that basketball is not devoid of any contact.
  3. The only reason why I mentioned it is because you made comments about how it made no sense that it could take 12 rockets. I'm not sure how blowing away helicopters with rockets really constitutes "stealth" but whatever.
  4. All of the helicopters in the game are set up that way. Granted, we're not supposed to be able to destroy choppers until we get the gun mounted to the airboat, but I prefer to play a stealth game (as much as the scripting lets me) so I usually cheat in rockets so I can take out the helicopters rather than be chased/hounded by them. This is how I found out that it takes about a dozen rockets to down them, versus four for nearly everything else. The airboat gun takes them down faster, and then we never see them again after Black Mesa East. Instead we get the much weaker, but more intelligent, gunships. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Let me get this straight...you're criticizing the strength of the helicopters and how they take 12 rockets to take down, when they were never balanced to be shot by the rocket launcher in the first place?
  5. alanschu replied to Sturm's topic in Way Off-Topic
    I'm in a Basketball league, 2 Floor Hockey Leagues, and a Volleyball League.
  6. What Helicopter took 12 rockets?!?!?
  7. Been a Manning fan since he came into the league, so here's hoping he can pull it out.
  8. Does it really matter what some people (even Winston Churchill) think though? Inquiring on information about World War II will likely not find you any information that doesn't involve the 1939-1945 conflict involving the Axis and the Allies.
  9. Or someone that doesn't live in the past.
  10. Didn't Spider already explain to you many moons ago that you aren't equipped to fight it in a straight on fight anyways?
  11. Hammertime is an inside joke that only a handful of people on this forum understand. Someone recently posted this picture and said they thought of me. I laughed and figured I'd post it as an avatar. I don't put much stock into avatars and signatures. You've never seen me say "Hammertime" in a regular post. Otherwise, I could say the same for anyone that has an avatar for an extended period of time.
  12. The fun wears thin when you've heard it for the 100th time. It's like over using a joke.
  13. Err, I didn't exactly zip through the level. Though I shot them all from the catwalks before going down.
  14. Stop it. The kiddies want to make fun of Fallout 3. Simple reading comprehension need not apply. Seriously though, it's funny that the title implies that it is "Not unlikely says Bethesda" yet, as you pointed out, there's nothing from anyone that even hints at it. All it is is the author saying it would make sense.
  15. Are you talking about the big open area with a few steps and ladders, and some catwalks, with the fence you have to jump across? Because I don't remember enemies respawning there either.
  16. I have the Saitek Cyborg as well, and I really like it. Show down many a plane in the Battlefield games with it. I've been thinking on picking up some sort of Combat Flight Sim with a dynamic campaign to really give it the go to, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
  17. Here's a Chaos Theory screenshot: That's Sam...the guy you play.
  18. "When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity" - Albert Einstein.
  19. Soon I'll be seeing what this game is all about:
  20. Sorry Fio. In any case, and I don't think this is a problem, since GuardDog inquired about it: GuardDog, Eddo36 was at one time in the USMC, hurt his knee and was medically discharged, and seems to have become disenfranchised with the organization ever since.
  21. NHL

    alanschu replied to Darque's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Is there a particular reason for restarting the threads? Do big threads hurt server resources more or something?
  22. I hate Ravenholm because it's spooky and creepy. Things shouldn't be allowed to move that fast. Playing with the stuff Father Grigori left behind is good times though.
  23. I think the idea angshuman was talking about was that if the kernel is Linux-based, it'd be part of the numerous open-source licenses, such as the GPL, that Linux is distributed under. As far as I know, there's nothing "Linux-based" about the closed-source driver that nVidia makes, outside of the fact that it's designed for Linux.
  24. Max Payne definitely epitomizes it for recent games. THe first one also has a really good story IMO. Splinter Cell is a lot more sneaking, but Chaos Theory is one of my favourite games of all time. The story and gameplay are just an excellent mix. Hitman is a bit more inbetween, in that it promotes sneaking around, but it also just as easily allows for guns blazing. I found the first couple of games VERY unforgiving, but Blood Money was a ton of fun.
  25. Just a comment that the example may not necessarily be an exception to the rule GuardDog put forth.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.